Sixteenth Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

Jungkook punched a guy in the face and whipped out his leg, catching another in the chest. He looked around for the other BTS members, wiping off some sweat and running to help.

They had been in the middle of planning when Jungkook noticed an odd shadow in one of the windows. They had immediately run outside and found a bunch of guys trying to eavesdrop. A fight broke out when one of them tried to punch Jin and escape.

Rap Monster was holding a beat-up guy by the collar and questioning him. “We know you were planning to attack us next week. Why?”

The guy struggled to get away but he was hurt and tired so he soon gave up and spat in Rap Monster’s face. Rap Monster clicked his tongue, using the guy’s shirt to wipe his face before knocking him out and looking to someone else for answers.

“Here.” Jin tossed another boy and Rap Monster caught him easily.

“Why are you after us?” he asked again and this time the boy snarled an answer.

“Where the is Suga?”

Jimin laughed. “Suga-hyung? You’re looking for Suga-hyung? We can give him to you. Not like he can’t take you all out by himself, buncha wimps.”

“Ah.” Jin looked up from where he had been deep in thought and smiled wryly. “You’re the guys we beat up a couple months ago. Suga messed up your leader pretty bad, didn’t he? Sorry about that.”

“Shut the up!” the boy roared, still dangling from Rap Monster’s fist.

Jimin chopped the guy on the head and Rap Monster dropped him unceremoniously. They dusted themselves off and looked to Jungkook.

“Maknae, you know where Suga is right now?” Rap Monster asked. “You said he was busy.”

Jungkook shook his head slowly. “I don’t know exactly where…I’ll call him here.”

Rap Monster nodded and he, Jin, and Jimin began dragging the unconscious boys away and dumping them in a pile by the road.

Jungkook pulled out his phone and dialed Suga’s number.

Click. “Jungkook? What do you want?

“Suga-hyung, can you come to the hideout?”

Now? Did something happen?” Suga’s voice sharpened at the thought of someone hurting BTS.

“Er…kinda. Just come. Oh, how was dinner?” Jugnkook couldn’t help but ask with a sly smile.

off!” Suga muttered and hung up.

Jungkook chuckled and went back inside the hideout. “He’ll be here soon.”


Suga swaggered into the room and raised a questioning eyebrow. “What’s up with those knocked-out guys by the street?”

Jin answered, “They came to spy on us. Seems they’ve taken a liking to you, Suga.”

“Really?” Suga smirked. “What’d I do this time?”

“Remember those guys from a couple months ago? You beat up their leader reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad. Almost died, I think.” Jimin grinned darkly.

Suga thought back and snapped his fingers. “Ah. I remember.” It was back when J-Hope was still with them. He’d flown into a rage since V had just left. “Right, right, them. So they want revenge? On me?”

Jungkook nodded, concern shining in his eyes. “They were planning to attack us but Rap Mon-hyung overheard and we were planning an ambush.”

Suga’s eyes flashed to the maknae. “Why didn’t you call me over?”

Jungkook opened his mouth but Jimin beat him to it. “He said you were busy, though he didn’t tell us what you were busy with. Mind tellin’ us, Hyung?”

“Nothin' important. You shoulda called me.” Suga narrowed his eyes at Jungkook accusingly and Jungkook looked away.

“Well, whatever. Suga, you should watch out. They’ll probably be coming after you alone for a while. Might wanna tell that girl of yours to stay away.”

“She’s not my girl,” Suga hissed.

Rap Monster and Jin exchanged glances.

“Oh, that’s right.” Jin looked at Suga. “We need to have another talk with her.”

Suga frowned. “Another?”

“Yes, I spoke with her once. Think I scared her a bit too,” Jin mused. “Someone else can do it this time.”

“Ooh, ooh, pick me!” Jimin volunteered eagerly. “I wanna talk to her!”

“No,” Suga growled instantly. “You’ll scare the outta her.”

“Hey, if she wasn’t scared by you, she shouldn’t be scared by me!” Jimin winked playfully and Suga rolled his eyes.

“No, we’ll all go this time, minus Suga, of course,” Rap Monster interrupted. “I think we need to introduce ourselves to her. Maknae, you don’t have to be there since she already knows you.”

“I think I’ll come watch.” Jungkook smiled but he was secretly very worried. Sujin was timid in the first place; if just Jin had scared her, she’d probably her pants when she met Jimin.

Rap Monster shrugged. “Suit yourself. Alright, it’s late and I’m hungry. Let’s get some food.”

As Jungkook passed by Suga, he said lowly, “Maknae, tell me when they talk to her.”

Jungkook nodded, hiding a small smile.

They all followed Rap Monster out and past the dogpile of still-unconscious boys, giving it a kick as they each passed. They made their way through the streets to their favorite roadside stall and ate together.

Suga felt like it had been a long time since he’d last hung out with any of his friends, let alone all of them at once. He found himself studying each of them, frowning and wondering when Jin had become so emotionless, when Rap Monster had become so callous, when Jimin had become so depraved. He felt—it couldn’t be—uncomfortable.

Were they always like this? They couldn’t have been. They had all been real friends, laughing and joking, once upon a time—he knew this. And yet, how had they all changed so much without any of them noticing?

He glanced at Jungkook and saw that the maknae was silently eating and staring unreadably at the others as well. Jungkook—Jungkook had not changed. Or he had, but not in the most important ways. He hadn’t lost himself—not like the rest of them had, not like Suga had.

He was stuck by a sudden thought: was this what V and J-Hope had realized? Was this why they had left?

I won’t destroy myself like this,” V had said. “The other day you almost killed someone, Hyung. We have to stop.”

Gang? We were never meant to be one,” J-Hope had argued. “What changed?

Everything, Suga thought.

Everything.


A/N: So sorry for the long wait! I had part of this already written but I wasn't at all satisfied with it so I let it sit for a few days. It ended up being a little longer than just a few days though...sorry! There will be a double update to make up for my absence!

Oh, one thing: if  you guys don't mind, I'd rather you not call me "author-nim." It just sounds so impersonal and emotionless. Call me anything else (preferred names are Skye or Blaize)!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208