Tenth Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

“Get out.”

She jumped at the sudden command, her eyes flying to the motionless figure lying on the rumpled bed. In her momentary shock, she glanced around and processed the images before her: a reasonably sized room with only a bed and a small dresser, bloody and tattered clothes strewn all over the ground, three windows fully closed, blood splattered around cracks in the walls, one light in the middle of the ceiling off, and one lonely boy in the midst of the darkness.

“Uh

“Didn’t you hear me? Get out! How did you even get inside?” he barked at her without moving or looking at her.

She fidgeted as she stood in the doorway, feeling guilty and curious. “Oh! Um, the front door was, um, unlocked, so I kinda, ya know

“An unlocked door is not an invitation. Get the hell outta my house.”

She swallowed and discovered that was completely dry. “Uh, well, you see, um, Jungkook, um, asked me to check on you. He washe is, er, worried. About you.”

He scoffed. “Worried. Right. Look, I’m really not in the mood to beat up a girl in my own house so get the out and forget about this place.”

“You…wouldn’t beat me up.” It was less than a whisper.

“What?”

“I-I said…you wouldn’t…beat me up,” she repeated, a little more strongly.

Slowly he sat up and turned to her with a sneer. “You willin’ to bet on that?”

She nodded jerkily and his eyes widened in surprise. “Youyou saved me. That, um, night. You helped me. So I don’t think you would beat me up. That would, um, be kinda contradictory.” She stared at him unblinkingly, noting the dark bags under his eyes and the tired pallor of his skin.

He looked, to say the least, exhausted.

Suga snorted and got up, advancing on her step by step. She tried not to move backwards, but her body moved unconsciously, her fight-or-flight reaction automatically choosing flight from a predator.

His eyes roamed over her face, lingering on her cheek where her bruise had been. His lips turned up into a smirk and he punched the door closed, making a loud banging noise that made her jump and yelp. Chuckling lowly, dangerously, he glared at her and said, “I haven’t eaten in days, I haven’t really slept in years, and I feel really, really, really ty right now. You really aren’t making it any better. I think I could do with a little fight right now. Whaddaya say?”

To his eternal shock, her trembling hands came up and pushed him away, not strong but the surprise factor was enough to make him stumble off-balance and topple back onto his bed. He tried to get up but she leaped over and pressed him down to the mattress with a reproachful look.

“Whadon’t touch me! What the do you think you’re doing?” he asked indignantly as he flailed around in confusion and she dragged him further onto the bed, turning his body so his head rested on the pillow. “Jesusaren’t you scared of me? I kicked you in the stomach!”

“That was an accident, and I-I know you didn’t use your full strength,” she rationalized patiently. “Anyway, I may be scared of you b-but I can’t ignore someone who hasn’t been eating for days or slept for years. Do you realize how unhealthy that is? I thinkI think you should sleep. I’ll…make some food for you.”

“What are youyou think telling me to sleep is gonna work when even sleeping pills won’t? Why are you doing this? What are you even doing here!?” Suga was completely bewildered, wondering how the situation had totally its head in just a few minutes.

Her hands rested on his shoulders, not really forcing him down but he didn’t move because he found that he felt rather comfortable on his bed, for the first time in a long time. She softly swept the blanket over his body before lightly pressing down on his chest again. He could feel her fingers shaking slightly.

“Please sleep,” she requested softly, gazing at him pleadingly.

He gave her one last dumbfounded look, even as his eyelids drooped closed. He was so, so tired and he felt closer to sleep than he had in what felt like an eternity andwas that her hand rubbing gentle circles on his? He was too tired to care.

The last thing he heard was her voice sweetly wishing him good night.


His chest moved up and down with each deep breath as he slumbered. Sujin sagged against the bed in relief.

“Oh my god. That was close,” she mouthed to herself, wiping away some of the sweat at her hairline with her sleeve.

She pulled away, letting go of his hand, holding her breath when he shifted. She released it when he didn’t wake and took the time to study him.

A sleeping Suga was so vulnerable, so childlike. His face was relaxed and open and he looked so beautiful. Like a peaceful angel.

Sujin flushed at her thoughts. “Stop it, stop it!” She slapped her cheeks lightly and whirled around, taking stock of the mess of clothes around his room. Her nose wrinkled at the sight but she dutifully began to gather up all the dirty clothes and headed for the laundry room.

With one last inquisitive look at Suga, she left the room and quietly shut the door behind her. After successfully starting the laundryit had taken her a while, but she had eventually located the ancient box of detergentshe set out to make some food.

One look in in the refrigerator and through the cupboards showed that there was nothing but cereal in the house. She gaped in amazement at the complete lack of edible sustenance.

“Seriously, how is he still alive?” she muttered to herself in utter consternation. “Maybe he’s not human.”

Shaking her head, she left the house, leaving the door unlocked behind her. She hesitated, staring at the door skeptically, but shrugged when she convinced herself that he would be fine. Anyway, it was clearly a habit not to lock his front door and she figured he’d wake up if someone trespassed and beat them up. He was a gangster, after all.

He’ll figure it out, she thought.

Nodding to herself, she hurried to the nearest supermarket and bought a bunch of groceries, thanking her parents fervently for believing she needed to learn how to deal with the responsibility of a credit card as early as possible.

She struggled with the bags of food but somehow managed to lug them back by herself. She let herself into the house again, seeing with satisfaction that nothing had been touched.

She put all the food away after cleaning out the cabinets and the refrigeratorit had really been some time since they’d last been used; again, how the hell had Suga not starved to death?and pulled out her phone to search for some appropriate recipes. She wondered if she’d have to run all the pots and pans through water before using them. Surely, they were all just as dirty as everything else.

“Oh!” she exclaimed, suddenly thinking of Suga. “Maybe I should check on him.”

She tiptoed upstairs and peeked into his room. He was still fast asleep, snoring lightly, and the blanket was now tangled up in his limbs. She crept in and giggled when she saw his mouth dangling open, a bit of drool leaking from the corner of his lips.

It was absolutely unsettling and disarming to see him like this. He was so defenseless, so unguardedso at odds with his violent gangster personality.

He wasn’t frightening in the least. Not like this.

Biting her lip, she fixed the blanket over him and retreated back to the kitchen where she tied up her hair and tackled dinner, unconsciously humming the whole time.


A/N: Not a very exciting chapter, I'm afraid...sorry about that. Gave you some cute sleeping Suga though! ;D

In case any of you are wondering, I'm really not sure how long this story is going to be...I'm kinda just writing as I go. I'm hoping it won't get too long, like 20 chapters, but I guess we'll see? They haven't even started falling on love yet (really)! lololol

Questions, comments, concerns?

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208