Without You

Will You Notice Me, Junhong-ah?

Junhong woke up early today and now he's waiting for the bus. Daehyun said he can't fetch him today because he have to go to the head office. It's been few months since last time Junhong took the bus.

The bus comes and Junhong takes the seat at the very back, near the window. With earphones plugged on to his ears, listening to some songs. He feels a little bit lonely right now, but he won't admit that it's because there's no Daehyun.

When he arrived at office, he met Youngjae at the entrance.

"Morning Zelo" Youngjae smiling brightly

"Morning hyung" Junhong trying to smile back, but he knows that he just manage to form a polite smile to his hyung.

"Aigoo. Early in the morning and you're already like this?" He taps Junhong's shoulder. The tall boy frowns.

"Like what, hyung?" Junhong asked, not quiet understand what his hyung means.

"Like this. Like a lover who hasn't meet his other half" Youngjae smirks when he saw the blush creeping up Junhong's face. Sometimes he envy Junhong's pearly white skin, but right now he's glad that the maknae have the most fair skin cos it really shown when he's blushing.

"Yah hyung" Junhong pouts.

"Youngjae-ah, don't like that" A voice comes from behind.

"Himchan hyung" Junhong clings onto his favorite hyung.

"Junhong just missing his Daedae, right?" Himchan showing that annoying smirk that makes Junhong let go his hands from Himchan's arm.

"Not you too hyung" Junhong pouts even more.

"Morning all" Another voice appear.

"Uppie hyung" And Junhong run to his last resort. "They bullied me early in the morning"

Jongup just pats his head even though Junhong is taller, and the maknae let out a sigh.

"It's okay to miss someone, Zelo" Jongup said with blank face.

Junhong shakes his head and sigh in defeat. He knows it's gonna be a long day with the endless teasing from his hyungs.

 

Lunch time and the three hyungs standing around him.

"Come on, Junhongie. No Daedae today to pick you up for lunch so you have to go with us" Himchan said.

"Wait a minute hyung" Junhong said still trying to finish his typing but then his phone vibrating telling him a message has come.

From : Dae Hyung

Junhongie, go with other hyungs now. Stop working and eat your lunch first.

Junhong groans after reading that and he's eyeing the trio, trying to figure out who told Daehyun about it.

Himchan peeks on Junhong's phone and laugh after reading the message.

"Let's go Junhongie~ your Daedae already remind you. Ah I'm envy you young lovers. Yongguk seems like already forgot how to send me a sweet message like that" Himchan click his tongue.

"We're not lovers and it's not a sweet message" Junhong pouts and grab his phone before stand up and drag Jongup with him. Youngjae and Himchan high fived seeing the maknae. These days those two becomes closer when it comes to teasing Junhong.

 

The work time is over and Daehyun texted Junhong saying that he won't be home for today because the meeting at the Head Office still going on.

Junhong thinks today feels so long, boring and tiring. Himchan and Youngjae offered to drive him back home but he said he just want to walk alone.

His apartment isn't that far from his office, so he can walk slowly with Jongup accompany him.

 

"So, how's you and Dae hyung?" Jongup asked when they're resting on Junhong's apartment, while eating burgers, Jongup's forever favorite food.

"What do you mean by that, hyung?"

"Don't you realize it, Junhong? Dae hyung likes you alot"

"I know"

"Do you like him?"

"Of course I do. I like all my hyungs"

Jongup chuckles

"I mean in other way, Junhongie"

Junhong let out a sigh. He's getting tired being asked about this topic, but he also wonders why his hyung never stop asking this thing. Is there something he missed?

"Seriously hyung, I don't know what you mean"

Jongup looking into his eyes while smiling. His smile is really innocent, but Junhong knows that Jongup isn't as innocent as his look.

"Dae hyung likes you as a man, not as a big brother to his dongsaeng, Junhong-ah. I'm sure you understand. You just have to stop pretend that you knows nothing about it. Stop denying yourself" Jongup said calmly.

Jongup is someone who will not talking when all around him chatting happily. He can sit at the same place for hours doing nothing, just smiling and watching his hyungs and dongsaeng talking. But when he feels that he needs to talk, he will talk, as much as he wants.

And right now, is that time. Jongup feels the need to make Junhong realize the meaning of Daehyun's attention, cos everybody knows about it. It's only Junhong who can't see.

Junhong playing with his fingers, don't know what to say. He knows that Jongup is right. He can feel something different but he refuse to think about it.

"Now tell me, how do you feel when he's around"

"At first, I feel annoyed. You know, he's talking too much, playing around too much, never seen him working on his first week, he's such an attention seeker that time. But then when he comes regular on our lunch time, somehow I can adjust my ears, from hearing 2 voices to 3 voices. And then when he said that he wanted to be close to me, I feel okay. Like, it's okay for you to know me. It feels better than he ignored me"

"And now?"

"I feel like it's normal to have him around me. And feels kinda lonely when he's not"

"You know what's that mean?"

"I... I don't know hyung. I mean i think I know but I don't think I know. It's confusing, hyung. I thought it's just because I'm getting used to his prescence"

"But you know that's not the reason"

"Well.... yeah. I know"

"I heard from Himchan hyung that he confessed to you already?"

"He just said that he likes me and he wants to get closer to me. Just like that"

Jongup smiling. Junhong is the real innocent boy on the club, not him. Jongup understand, for Junhong that confession sounds like a normal statement for him, with no other intention. Poor Daehyun hyung.

"Do you want to get closer to him?"

Junhong nods slowly.

"You want to see him everyday?"

Again he nods

"And hear his voice every minute?"

This time he shakes his head. "Not every minute! Just some times. You know he never stop talking, hyung"

Jongup chuckles but then continue.

"You want to know what he's doing at the moment and texting him unciously?"

Junhong nods.

"And you feel happy when he reply your messages, even have a long conversation on the messanger"

"Yes. What are you trying to say, hyung?" Junhong frowns.

"Just want to show you the fact, that you've grow fond of him. And you like him, the way he likes you. Your feelings are mutual"

 

Junhong lay down on his bed with his eyes wide open. Phone on his right hand and cherry tomatoes on his left hand. He never stop munching the mini tomato while staring at his phone. He still can remember his conversation with Jongup before. Your feelings are mutual.

Is that true? What if Jongup is wrong? What if Daehyun just think about him as a cute dongsaeng, not more? What if....

His train of thought stopped by the ring on his phone. Daehyun calling.

"Hello hyung"

"Why don't you sleep? It's late already Junhong-ah" The voice scold him. Junhong automaticly pout.

"How can I sleep if you call me"

"I'm calling because you answer my messages really fast which means you're not sleeping"

"I can't sleep"

"Why? Do you miss me that much?"

Junhong blushing. "Yah! Who said that?"

"Birds on the tree" Daehyun chuckles before continue his words. "It's okay if you missed me because I miss you so much"

Junhong can feel his face heaten up.

"Stop being cheesy hyung"

"I'm not. Just saying the truth. Don't you miss me too, Junhongie?" Junhong can imagine Daehyun silly grin and he shakes his head.

"Why don't you sleep, hyung?"

"Cos I miss you" the voice chuckles from over the phone. "You're not answering my question, Junhong-ah"

"What question?" Junhong said

"Do you miss me too?"

"Uhm. I... Just come back soon, hyung" Junhong get flustrated. He's missing Daehyun. It's just one day without him but Junhong feels lonely. But there's no way he will let Daehyun knows about it.

"Aigoo you're so cute. Don't worry Junhongie. I'll pick you up tomorrow"

"Eh? Don't you have meeting tomorrow?"

"Nope. I'm done. I'm at home now. Yongguk hyung said I can go home and back to work tomorrow, he will handle the rest at the Head Office"

"Oh..."

"Why? You sound like don't want me to come back?"

"Huh? No! I'm not!" Junhong said quickly and he can hear Daehyun chuckles.

"So you want me to fetch you tomorrow?"

"Yes" Junhong automaticly answer him and when he realized what he said his face become red. "I mean you don't have to if you're busy or tired, hyung"

"You know I'm always free when it comes to you Junhongie. Now be a good boy, go to sleep and wait for me tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright"

"Night Junhongie, sweet dream"

"Night Dae Hyung"

Daehyun end the call. Junhong staring at his phone as if he can see Daehyun's face over the screen. Slowly he fall asleep with big smile on his face.