November 2013

Perfectly Imperfect - indefinite hiatus

Kyungsoo was curled up in bed when Jongin got home. It was well past midnight and, even though Kyungsoo had wanted to wait up for his boyfriend, he’d had a long day at school and the library and he was exhausted.

Jongin was quiet as he crept through the dark and silent apartment, not turning on any lights so he didn’t bother his boyfriend. Kyungsoo wasn’t completely asleep, but he was asleep enough that the obligatory how-was-your-day conversation wasn’t exactly appealing. It was a conversation that could be had just as satisfactorily in the morning. More so, he thought. So he stayed quiet and watched through slitted eyes while Jongin got ready for bed.

Jongin stripped off his clothes in the bedroom, revealing every glorious inch of the tanned, muscular body Kyungsoo had grown to love so much over the past year and a half. Even in the dark, Kyungsoo could make out every curve of the lithe body that belonged to him so completely. He felt his face burn with the absolute knowledge that Jongin really did belong to him. He felt it quite a few other places as well.

The shower Jongin took was quick and perfunctory, as he was probably as exhausted as Kyungsoo. The elder had almost slipped back into sleep when the water in the shower turned off. After a few minutes, the lights turned off as well and Jongin slipped into the bedroom, dressed in a pair of baggy sweatpants and no shirt. He yawned and crawled into bed beside Kyungsoo, automatically snuggling close and letting his arms encircle his boyfriend.

Kyungsoo sighed contentedly and snuggled back into the younger’s embrace. His eyes fluttered shut, but then they snapped open again. Quite distinctly, he could feel something digging into the back of his thigh. He’d felt it enough times before to know exactly what it was.

His heart was hammering as he waited for Jongin to make his move, but Jongin only settled in and sighed contentedly. His breathing evened out; pretty soon, it was obvious that he was most of the way asleep, even though his was still raging.

Kyungsoo worried his bottom lip between his teeth, thoughts tumultuous. On the one hand, he was exhausted. The day had utterly drained him, and it was a wonder that he had the energy to even think about having . On the other hand, it was Jongin.

Making up his mind, Kyungsoo turned around in his boyfriend’s arms and planted a long, lingering, and sloppy kiss on the younger’s lips.

Jongin kissed him back without even opening his eyes, humming his approval through a sleepy haze. When Kyungsoo finally broke the kiss, Jongin opened his eyes. “What was that for?” he demanded, his lips twitching up in a lazy grin.

Kyungsoo kissed him again. “I haven’t seen you since this morning. I missed you.”

Jongin’s arms tightened around him, and now the younger’s was pressing into the apex of Kyungsoo’s thigh and groin. He was definitely still hard. “I missed you, too,” he murmured, pressing little butterfly kisses all along Kyungsoo’s neck, his breath warm as it ghosted over the pale expanse of skin there. “But then again,” he added cheekily. “I always miss you when we’re apart.”

Kyungsoo guffawed loudly, the sound awkward in the quiet of their still bedroom. “You’re so cheesy!” he accused. “Did you know that?”

“I’m aware,” Jongin grinned, and he began to rather thoroughly leave a trail of blossoming love bites across his boyfriend’s neck.

Things escalated quickly from there. Despite the fact that both of them were already half asleep and despite the fact that they’d been together for over a year and a half now, they were still unable to keep their hands off each other. Kyungsoo hoped that that would never change.

Their clothes ended up on the floor, ready to be forgotten until the morning. Kyungsoo was on his knees under the sheet, positioned between his boyfriend’s spread legs with the younger’s in his mouth, when his cell phone went off.

“Ignore it,” Jongin commanded shortly, his head thrown back and his chest heaving.

Kyungsoo removed the from his mouth long enough to say, “At least check the caller ID. It might be an emergency. Nobody calls me this late.”

Jongin groaned but did as told. “It’s your brother,” he announced.

Kyungsoo reached for the phone. “Something must be wrong. Sunho never calls me, much less at this hour.” He quickly answered the call. “Hyung? Is everything okay? What’s going on?”

“It’s Dahae,” Sunho answered, forgoing a greeting. “She’s at the hospital. She’s having the baby.”

Kyungsoo sat up, momentarily forgetting that he and Jongin were quite literally in the middle of being intimate. “Right now? Which hospital? We’ll head over right away!”

“What’s going on?” Jongin demanded, sitting up in bed with concern etched into his familiar features. “Is everything okay?”

“Sunho’s girlfriend, Dahae, is in labor. They’re at the hospital now.” Kyungsoo was already out of bed, pulling on clean clothes and running a comb through his messy hair. “You don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I know you’re exhausted, and this isn’t exactly new to you. You’ve already got a nephew, after all.”

Jongin rolled his eyes, also getting out of bed. “If you think I was at the hospital when my sister had her baby, you are sadly mistaken. This will be just as much a new experience for me as for you.”

Kyungsoo grinned, standing on his tiptoes to plant a kiss on his boyfriend’s lips. “Well, let’s go become uncles together then.”

They had to take a taxi to the hospital since it was late enough that the subway and buses had stopped running. Luckily there wasn’t much traffic at that hour and they made good time. They were walking in the front entrance of the hospital in less than hour, finding their way to labor and delivery with the help of a few nurses – many of whom stared at Jongin with open admiration. Kyungsoo couldn’t say he blamed them. Before he would have gotten jealous at the uninvited attention his boyfriend garnered, but now he found it amusing more than anything. Even more so when he slipped his hand into Jongin’s and watched the surprise register on their faces.

“You’re incorrigible, you know that?” Jongin laughed when they were in the elevator on their way up to the seventh floor, where the labor and delivery department was located.

Kyungsoo batted his eyelashes innocently. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he lied innocently.

Jongin only laughed and pressed a lingering kiss to the elder’s lips.

They found Mr. and Mrs. Do in the waiting room, along with Dahae’s father and her younger brother.

“I hope we made it in time,” Kyungsoo said, voice muffled as his mother crushed him in one of her infamous bear hugs, smothering him in her ample bosom.

“Oh, there’s plenty of time,” Mrs. Do assured him, releasing him in favor of hugging Jongin. “These things take time, you know. We’ll probably be here all night.”

“Where’s Sunho?” Kyungsoo asked next.

“He’s in the delivery room with Dahae and her mother,” Mrs. Do said. She sounded like she thought she ought to be in the delivery room as well, but she didn’t say so out loud. Kyungsoo didn’t particularly blame Dahae for not asking Mrs. Do along. He was fairly certain that, if he was a girl and he was having a baby, he wouldn’t want his mother in the room with him. She tended to give unwanted advice that, while given with the utmost sincerity, could be annoying more than anything else.

But Mrs. Do had been right when she’d said that it could take a while, and before long Kyungsoo and Jongin were curled up beside each other on the uncomfortable chairs in the waiting room, fingers laced intimately and very nearly asleep.

It must have been closer to dawn than midnight when Mrs. Do’s sharp cry woke them; Kyungsoo actually fell out of his chair.

“What’s wrong?” Mr. Do demanded, clutching his chest like he’d had a heart attack; he’d been asleep as well.

Mrs. Do was beaming at her cell phone. “Sunho just texted me! The baby is crowning!”

While Kyungsoo might have been a veritable genius about most topics, he didn’t know anything about pregnancy and childbirth. Dahae was the only pregnant person he’d ever spent any time around, and it wasn’t like she had walked him through the process. He had literally no idea what his mother was talking about. “What does that mean? Crowning?” he asked.

Mr. Do grimaced. “You don’t want to think about it,” he assured his younger son. “It’s not very pleasant.”

Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose. “I think I can guess well enough.”

“So this means the baby will be here soon, right?” Jongin, who surprisingly knew more about the matter than Kyungsoo, asked Mrs. Do.

She beamed at him and pulled him in for a surprise hug, her affection for her family unable to be contained. “Yes, dear. It shouldn’t be much longer at all now that she’s in this stage of her labor. Maybe another twenty minutes at most.”

It didn’t even take that long. It wasn’t but seven minutes later when Sunho burst into the room, beaming like an idiot. His eyes were wet; Kyungsoo suspected he’d been crying. “She’s perfect,” he announced. “Seven pounds, six ounces. Twenty inches. A head full of hair. She’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

Mrs. Do wiped at her eyes; she was really crying now. Even Mr. Do looked misty-eyed as he wrapped an arm around his wife’s shoulders.

“Can we come back and see her?” Kyungsoo asked eagerly. Even though he’d been sound asleep ten minutes ago, he was wide awake and excited now. He’d never really seen a newborn before, much less a newborn he was so closely related to!

Sunho ran a shaky hand through his hair. “In a minute. Dahae is spending some time alone with the baby, but everyone can come back in about five minutes or so.”

It felt like the longest five minutes of Kyungsoo’s life. Eventually, a nurse came to fetch them and they were allowed into Dahae’s delivery room.

She was propped up against the pillows in the bed, wearing a hospital down. She was red-faced and sweaty and her hair was a mess, but she was holding a tiny little bundle close to her chest, staring at it with such adoration that it was obvious she didn’t care about how hard the last few hours had been.

“She’s beautiful!” Mrs. Do gushed, carefully peeking past the folds of blankets. Kyungsoo could just make out a tiny wrinkled head, with a tiny yawning mouth and a tiny perfect nose and miniature little fingers waving around.

Dahae dutifully handed the baby over to Mrs. Do, who took the little bundle with an almost reverent expression on her face. She started crying again as she looked down into the little face that looked so much like her own, but it was a gentle sort of crying.

Eventually Mrs. Do turned to Kyungsoo with a smile. “Do you want to hold your niece?” she offered.

Kyungsoo hesitated. He loved kids, but he’d never held one so small before. He wasn’t sure quite what to do.

“You’ll do fine, Kyunggie,” Dahae assured him fondly. “Just make sure you support her body and head.”

Mrs. Do gingerly laid the baby in Kyungsoo’s arms. She weighed practically nothing. She opened her eyes and stared up at him sleepily, and something caught in his throat and he had to blink several times. He was worried he might start crying too.

“Uncle Kyungsoo,” Sunho said with a grin. “I like the sound of that.”

“As long as he doesn’t have another little niece or nephew any time in the near future,” Mr. Do said, and he was only half-joking.

“I agree,” Dahae’s mother said with an exhausted sort of laugh.

“Don’t worry,” Dahae assured everyone. “She’s going to be an only child for a long time.”

“What have you decided to name her?” Jongin asked, reaching over and brushing a lone strand of hair off the baby’s soft forehead.

“Nari,” Dahae answered, smiling up at Sunho. “Do Nari.”

Eventually, Kyungsoo relinquished the baby to Dahae’s mother. “Ok,” he said to Jongin. “It’s official. We’re having like twenty kids.”  


 

Okay, so I know I haven't updated in months and I sincerely apologize for that. I have been very busy with work, wedding planning, and a lot of original work. I'm really sorry guys! But now I'm back and I should be updating pretty steadily again!

For those that wanted to see more engagement pictures, I made a blog: engagement photos

I've also asked my bridal party :)

This is my matron of honor, my sister January. She's pregnant right now with my niece or nephew :)

This is Jacky's sister, Caryn. 

My childhood best friend, Kali. We have sisters that are the same age that played softball together, so our moms were friends when they were pregnant with us. We've literally been together since before we were even born >.<

Another childhood best friend, Erin. We've been friends since we were four years old, so for 22-23 years now :) When we were kids I accidentally punched out her front tooth! She forgave me though :)

This is my best friend Sarina :) we worked together and danced together for a long time.

This is my best friend Tiffany (I'm sure you guys have heard me talk about her A LOT). 

And this is my beautiful flower girl, Ava! 

I'll post pictures of the groomsmen in the next update, which I promise will be very soon!

10 months and 4 days until I get married! <3