August 2014

Perfectly Imperfect - indefinite hiatus

“I really don’t know how this is going to work,” Chanyeol said skeptically.

It was the following week, and Jongin and Kyungsoo had come up to his and Baekhyun’s apartment.

“It’ll definitely work,” Baekhyun said, though he didn’t sound as confident as he could have. He fluffed one of the pillows on the sofa, surveyed it thoughtfully, then fluffed it again.

Chanyeol, who was sprawled out in the armchair with his long legs propped up on the coffee table, scowled. “I don’t see how inviting your stalker to our home is going to help in the least.”

Baekhyun looked even more uncertain. “It was Kyungsoo’s idea…”

Jongin wrapped his arms around his boyfriend from behind, resting his chin on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “Kyunggie has a hard time keeping his nose out of everyone else’s business,” he teased.

Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose and shrugged Jongin off. “Hey, I’m not the one who agreed to be partners with the stalker in the first place.”

“She caught me off guard,” Baekhyun scowled. “I wouldn’t have agreed to it if I had known what she was asking.”

“Anyway,” Kyungsoo continued. “She’ll have to back off when she sees how much you guys like each other. Excuse me, love each other,” he amended when he saw Baekhyun start to protest.

Chanyeol’s eyes twinkled mischievously. “So does that mean I have permission to be all over Baekhyun?”

His boyfriend rolled his eyes. “Since when did you ever need permission for that? You’re all over me all the time anyway.”

Chanyeol pretended to be offended. “Hey, I could always go find another boyfriend or girlfriend.”

Baekhyun punched him lightly on the arm. “Not funny,” he grumbled.

Chanyeol laughed and pulled the shorter male into his lap. “Don’t be ridiculous,” he said. “You know you’re the only one for me.”

“And you’re the only one for me,” Baekhyun said. “So there’s really no use in being jealous of Bora. She’s definitely not my type.”

“So what is your type?” Chanyeol challenged.

“Tall and stupid with big ears,” Baekhyun shot back.

Chanyeol pretended to pout, so Baekhyun leaned in to kiss him.

“Just like that,” Kyungsoo laughed. “Act like that in front of Bora and she’ll have to realize she’s got no chance.”

The doorbell rang just then, making Baekhyun jump and nearly fall out of his boyfriend’s lap. “That must be her,” he said, grimacing. “Let’s get this over with.”

Chanyeol, Jongin, and Kyungsoo stayed in the living room while Baekhyun went down the hall, his slippers padding on the floor. They could hear the door being opened, and then Baekhyun greeted his guest politely. Then he reemerged, Bora following him. She was wearing a short blouse that showed her midriff, and she was wearing a great deal of makeup.

“Oh, hi,” she chirped after only a brief moment of confusion. “Sorry, I didn’t think anyone else would be here.”

“Well, I live here, so I’m here quite a lot,” Chanyeol drawled, standing up to his full height. It was definitely a bit intimidating.

Baekhyun quickly stepped in. “Let me make the introductions,” he suggested. “This is my boyfriend, Park Chanyeol. Then this is Kyungsoo – you’ve met him before – and his boyfriend Jongin.”

Bora greeted them all politely, but then did a double take when she saw Jongin. Her cheeks flushed pleasantly. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

Kyungsoo frowned. He didn’t particularly like the way Bora looked his boyfriend up and down like that. Of course Jongin got double-takes quite a lot, but it was a bit different when it was coming from a known stalker.

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “They’re just gonna be hanging out for a bit, I hope you don’t mind. We can work on our project over here at the kitchen table. I’ve got my computer and tablet set up already.”

Bora gave Jongin a long, lingering look, then followed Baekhyun to the kitchen table to set up her own computer and tablet.

Kyungsoo took a step closer to his boyfriend. “What was that all about?” he whispered suspiciously.

“What was what about?” Jongin replied, genuinely clueless.

Chanyeol laughed. “Wouldn’t it be nice to be so good looking you don’t even notice the stares anymore?”

Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose again. “Let’s just watch the movie already.”

So the three of them settled down in front of the television to stream a movie that Chanyeol had really wanted the others to watch. Chanyeol and Jongin seemed to be really into the movie, but Kyungsoo was having a hard time focusing on the rather complex plot. He kept stealing glances at the kitchen table, where Bora seemed to be stealing even more glances at Jongin.

“What’s with you?” Jongin whispered halfway through the movie. “This whole thing was your idea.”

“Yeah, and now I’m regretting it,” Kyungsoo grumbled. “The point was to show Bora how in love Chanyeol and Baekhyun are, not give her a new person to stalk.”

Jongin chuckled, rolling his eyes. “Quit being so dramatic. I’m sure she’s still into Baekhyun.”

But when the movie had finished and Baekhyun and Bora had finished up their work, it was Jongin she addressed her flirtatious goodbyes to.

“It was so nice to meet you,” she gushed, fluttering her eyelashes at him. “Do you go to the university as well? I wonder if we have any classes together.”

Jongin wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders intimately. “I don’t think we’ll have any classes together,” he said, keeping his voice cool but polite. “I don’t go near the computer arts areas.”

Bora’s face fell a little as she looked at his arm. “Oh, well I’m sure I’ll see around sometime.”

“Probably not, to be honest,” Jongin replied causally. “I spend all my free time with Kyungsoo here. We’re so in love, it’s pretty impossible to be away from each other for long.” He glanced at Chanyeol with a wink. “It’s the same for Chanyeol and Baekhyun, right guys?”

“Oh, totally,” Baekhyun agreed quickly, smiling up at his giant of a boyfriend. “Would you believe we know practically everything about each other.”

“And the isn’t bad either,” Chanyeol grinned, earning an embarrassed yelp from Baekhyun.

But his words had fulfilled their intended purpose. Bora blushed crimson and looked away. “That’s nice,” she mumbled. “Thanks for having me over, Baekhyun, but I should really get going.”

“See you later,” Baekhyun called, shutting the front door behind her.

She had barely disappeared before Chanyeol collapsed in a fit of giggles. “Did you see her face when I mentioned ? I don’t think she’ll be coming around again.”

Baekhyun slapped him playfully. “Hey, I’m not like Sehun or Luhan. I don’t want the whole world knowing our private business.”

“It got her to back off, didn’t it?” Chanyeol challenged. “And poor Kyunggie here was about to lose his own boyfriend.”

“Hey now, that’s never going to happen,” Jongin assured them all, giving Kyungsoo a lingering kiss on the lips. “I don’t even notice the advances of girls like that. In fact, I don’t notice the advances of anybody. I don’t have eyes for anyone but you.” And he tapped Kyungsoo on the nose.

The shorter male shook it off. “Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. “Just remind me of this the next time I want to meddle in someone’s private business.”

Jongin laughed. “I’ll keep that in mind.”


Welp guys, I'm still alive. I'm sure you were wondering lol

Turns out having a baby keeps you really, really busy. When she was first born, it was a nightmare. We were still living in Korea and we had no family there, plus all my friends had either returned to their home countries or were busy working. My husband left for work at 7 every day and came home at 7 every night, which left me alone, all by myself, with the baby. IT WAS SO BORING. I pretty much held her all day, and it's pretty impossible to write on the computer while holding a newborn. We moved back to the states when she was two months old, which was both a blessing and a curse lol. It was great to have my family around again but we missed Korea terribly (we still do). Then when we did get back home, we had no place to live, no jobs, and although my husband still had his car, I had sold mine and thus needed a new car. Thankfully we were able to crash at my parents' until we could get a place of our own, I got my car, and my hubby found a really great job that enabled me to be a stay at home mommy. But I still didn't have time to write or play games or pretty much do ANYTHING except take care of the baby and the house. It's a lot of work. 

But now, sweet little Yuna is a year old (13 months actually) and she's finally getting to where she can play by herself for longer stretches of time, which means that I FINALLY have time to write again! Seriously you guys, I opened my computer for the first time in like a year. It was crazy. 

So I'm not gonna promise to update super often, because, well, I'm ME, but I promise it won't be over a year before I update again lol

If you're still with me, you rock!