Act Five: Just why?

Love Drama

"Kris? Kris! Why are you daydreaming? What are you thinking about?" Suho asked as he noticed the elder blank face.

The latter quickly snapped out of his trance and smiled. "No. Nothing. Maybe just because the D-day is nearer so I'm a little stressed," he replied.

"Really? If that's so, then do you want to go out or something? We can head over to the cinema after school tomorrow. There's a new movie! Do you wanna?"

Once again, Suho didn't receive a response. "Kris!"

"Hmm? A movie? That's good. When?"

 

"There's must be something! Something that he's hiding from me!" Suho grumbled in frustration.

"Uhm...are you okay, Suho-hyung?" Chanyeol was worry so he asked the older.

Suho huffed. "It's Kris, of course! He never focused on me lately! What if... he doesn't love me anymore and has fallen in love with someone else?"

The younger was shocked by Suho's statement. "Suho-hyung, don't be like that. Maybe he was busy lately. Just discuss this with him." Chanyeol tried to ease the latter's frustration.

"No! I can't let this to happen! He must prove his love towards me!" Suho exclaimed before he felt silent, biting his lower lip in deep though. Chanyeol flinched when the older's gaze suddenly directed to him. "Aha! I got an idea! Chanyeol, what about you pretend to be a girl again, just you this time, and you and I can appear in front of him and make him jealous!"

The younger's eyes dilated. "No! Suho-hyung! I don't wanna be a girl anymore!" Chanyeol protested. He definitely didn't like to crossdress.

"Eh? Why you don't want to be a girl anymore?"

"Well, obviously because I'm not a girl!"

"You don't wanna help me anymore? Because the one Kris chose was me?"

Why Suho-hyung? Why did you have to bring this up again while I was on my way to forget my crush? Why...?

 


 

Chanyeol POV

Why did I have to agree to help Suho-hyung for the sake of denying all of my true feelings? I'm not sure, but there is a big possiblity that he already knows my true identity. And doing this for the second time is way more awkward that the first.

End Of POV

 

"Hurry up and get ready! He's going to come soon," Suho hissed at his best friend.

"S-Suho-hyung! I don't think this is a good idea. It's better if you just discuss it with him directly. Kris-sunbae isn't the someone who likes to be played around with!"

"Just shut up and do what I tell you!" Chanyeol jumped at older's temper. What Kris-sunbae recognizes me when we meet?

"Okay! There's Kris and he's alone! Now just pretend that you are slipped and I saved you!"

"Suho-hyung, listen to me first! I--"

Without listening to what the younger wanted to say, Suho pushed Chanyeol, who was in girl uniform and pretended to save her.

"Ahh!".

It's too late. Now I am just hoping Kris-sunbae won't recognized me.

"Eh, Kris!" Suho exclaimed, feigning surprise. 

"What are you guys doing here?" the taller asked sternly, his thick eyebrows knitted. 

"This is just a misunderstanding. She just slipped off and I helped her. Please do not blame her. You're mad because you're concerned about me, right?" Suho asked with a bright smile.

Kris-sunbae doesn't recognized me? He doesn't recognize me... Furthermore, I feel like he's glaring... at me.

"I'm so excited to know that you're mad! I promise I'll never do the things that you don't like". Suho said with a giggle. Meanwhile the younger just shook his head, trying to hold back an exasperated sigh.

"Then why are you doing this? If you weren't satisfied, just tell me! Why does Chanyeol have to pretend as a girl!?" The two friends were startled by Kris' words. "He kept silent this whole time, but that doesn't mean you can belittle him! I'm really disappointed in you!"

Suho was speechless. "How... how could Kris recognize you this time? Is this all a trap?" Suho's eyes brimmed with tears..

"No! Suho-hyung, it's not like that!". Chanyeol tried to calm the elder but to no avail.

"You told him everything? You're jealous because Kris, who you love, is my boyfriend, right?"

"No! It's not like that!"

"You tried to malign me in front of him for the sake of revenge? How dare you did this to me!"

"Suho-hyung! I didn't do it! I'm telling you, I didn't--"

"I know I was a bit extreme on planning the bet but I didn't purposely make you lose!"

"Calm down and listen to me!".

"You said that you would support my relationship with Kris. Was that a lie?"

This time it was Chanyeol's turn to almost burst into tears.

"I don't want to see your face anymore." With that, Suho left the two. When the younger tried to catch Suho, a hand grabbed his. 

"Is that true? Was everything Suho said true? Do you love me?" Kris asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol blanked out for a second before quickly regaining his senses. The older was holding both the younger's wrists.

"I do... love you. But it's not important anymore!" the younger exclaimed as he was struggled to get away  from the elder. "I need to get to Suho-hyung! He mistunderstood everything. That's what's important right now."

"This is important!" Kris retorted and hugged Chanyeol tight, inhaling the vanilla scent of the younger. "I didn't know since when all about you became important to me". 

"No! This isn't suppose to happen! Suho-hyung really loves you," Chanyeol protested as he managed to break the Kris' hug. "That's why he was so worried about the relationship. He's... not usually like this! I lost the bet so I'm the on who's supposed to move on!"

The older's heart fell, knowing that the younger cared deeply about his friend and seemed oblivious to his feelings.

"What will you do if I said I recognized you that time?" Kris asked and narrowing his hawk eyes.

"I..." Luckily for Chanyeol, his sentence was cut off by an announcement.

"Please pay attention! This is an announcement for the Theatre & Drama Club! All members please meet at the clubroom now! I repeat, all Theatre & Drama Club members please meet at the clubroom."


 

"What?! You broke your leg?! That's... just great," Kris sighed along with a groan.

"Now we have to find a replacement for Sulli for the role as the princess!" Krystal sighed. 

"But chief, we only have two weeks to go. How can we managed to find a replacement?" one of the members inquired.

"That's also true. We don't have any girls suitable for this role."

"Yeah. it's true! Our club has the least girls members!" 

Kris suddenly walked towards a certain someone, the boy who he had fallen or from head to toe. "I know it's a bit difficult but can you be the princess?"

Out of the blue, Chanyeol heard a few series of words whispers. "Who's that girl?" and "Such a pretty figure".

He suddenly remembered that he was still in the girl uniform and blushed. "I don't know how to act!"

"You're so tall, yet you have no confidence. Don't worry 'cause I will help you. Just believe in yourself, Chanyeol!" As Kris said the younger's name, the whole room gasped.

"What? Chanyeol?!".

"Is it really him? But why is he pretending to be a girl?"

"He's so pretty! I think Chanyeol really suits the princess role!"

"Chanyeol, please be the princess! I promise I'll teach you!" Krystal said with a cute pout.

Chairwoman... "Okay, I will..."

"You agreed? Okay! Now it settled! If you have any problems, you can come to me or Kris, okay?"

Beside them, there was Kris, sighing in relief.

I really don't have any confident on acting... but I hope that I can help Kris-sunbae achieve the success in this performance. But

"......just why did this happen?"