Act Four: What Is The Meaning of the Skip of the Heart?

Love Drama

Chanyeol POV

After 8 hours of crying non-stop that night, I made a final decision. I wasn't going to see Kris anymore. If I meet him, it would only my heart even more and I hated it when that happened. I hated it so much.

End Of POV

 

"Chanyeol-ah, there you are! Why did you go home yesterday without telling me?" Suho asked with a pout.

"I'm sorry, hyung, but I had a stomach ache," Chanyeol lied before continuing. "Suho-hyung, I don't think I can attend the club meeting today because I don't feel well."

Suho didn't hear the younger speaking because his eyes now were fixed at the tall figure who had just walked in.

"Good morning! I was just looking for you," Suho exclaimed as he ran off.

Chanyeol peered over to see who Suho had said 'Good Morning' to. His heart nearly stopped when he saw Kris walking towards him with Suho tailing him.

"Hey, your hand... Does it still hurt?" the older asked. Kris took the younger's hand that had been burned and the younger broke into cold sweat as he his heart pounded. Chanyeol quickly took his hand away from the older once again and hid it behind his back. "N-no! I mean I'm fine. No need to worry".

I can't even  look into his eyes right now! Chanyeol ran quickly towards his classroom, leaving the couple behind. I can't let him know that I like him. But whenever I look at him, I want to speak out the feelings from my heart.

The younger was crying softly while running until a hand that was familiar to him grabbed his hand and pulled him back to make him stop. Ah! T-tears!.

"What do you want from me?" Chanyeol asked while frantically whipping away his tears so that Kris couldn't see them. "Please believe me. I am not the girl that you bumped into last week. Let go... I don't want to be late," pleaded the younger.

The elder didn't say anything and only handed a small bottle of healing lotion to the younger. Chanyeol's round eyes widened, startled by the action. He looked nervously at the packet in the latter's hands.

"I bought this lotion for you to heal your hand. Apply it two times a day, okay?" The elder. once again. give the younger his handsome smile. "I'm going to class. And by the way, today's meeting is important so please attend it. We'll meet again this evening!"

The taller left the younger dumbfounded. Why? Why is he so kind to me? Kris-sunbae, he doesn't ask anything of me. Although I'm avoiding me, he still treats like he cares... Maybe I could pretend the whole thing never occured and I still be friends with him.

 


At the club meeting...

"Okay! Now I'm going to announce the members' characters," Krystal announced from the front of the room in a loud, dominative voice.

"Kris, the king!"

Kris showed his what-the-hell face to the said chairwoman.

"Suho, the prince. Sulli, the princess".

Krystal ignored him and simply continued on giving the task.

"Wait! Why do I have to be the king?" Kris whined in disastisfaction.

"Because no one in this club looks more mature than you!" Krystal answered with a huff.

Kris growled like a beast as he glared deathly at the chairwoman.

"Haha! So, Kris is my father now? Oh my god, our love can be called the 'forbidden love' now!". Suho giddily remarked.

Chanyeol just sat at the side quietly, looking at the vice-chairman. Poor Kris. I am so lucky that I'm in charge of costumes.

Suddenly, Kris looked at the younger, making the younger nervous once again. He looked at this way again!

'Did you apply the ointment?' Kris mouthed as he pointed down to his own hand, trying to act out the question.

The younger understood nodded to replied the elder question. With that, the older put his thumb up and smiled.

He is so cute like that. Actually it isn't that bad to be friends.

"Urm...excuse me. Can we ask you something?" someone spoke from beside him.

Chanyeol turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Are you in-charge of the costume part?" one of the two girls asked hesitantly.

"Yes, I am," Chanyeol replied.

"Oh good! We're in the same part then. Actually it's been a while since we talked. Can we sit here?" the other girl asked.

"Oh, yes, of course."

"Uh, Chanyeol, right? At first I was confused whether you were girl or guy because your face is cute and.... beautiful, too."

Chanyeol chuckled at the statement. "Thanks for your compliment. Many people have told me so I'm pretty used to it."

So, it's kinda fun being with a friend. I think... maybe I could be by his side as a friend.

 

Kris POV

I just realized that Chanyeol has a very beautiful smile. When he smiled, I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach and somehow, my heart started to beat fast.

"Hey! Why are you smiling alone here? Just now you were so angry," Krystal inquired confusedly.

I glanced at her before huffing. "It's confidential. Secret! I can't tell you!"

"Hmm... This is the first time I've seen you acting like this," Krystal grinned knowingly.

"Huh? What act?"

"Oh gosh! You're to inexperienced! It's like you're madly in love!"

Thump! In love? Chanyeol and me? For me, Chanyeol is really special. When I look at him, he is looking at me too, but then he would look away. But now, he always smiling so beautifully.

 

Without realizing, my brain is now full of only him.