Possibly a new job

By The Lake

Chapter 5

 

Sunday

"Omg!!!!!!!!", Jessica screamed as she sat up from the bed. Onew came running inside the bedroom holding a fork.

"What!? What is it? A rat!?", Onew panicked. 

"Anio! A cucumber!!!!!!! It was sitting on my mouth and I could smell the scent!",Jessica replied and kicked the cucumber of the bed.

"Ohhh hahaha!! I knew that would wake you up.", Onew chuckled at her fear and walked back out to the kitchen still laughing.

"Aish! Jinki-yah!", Jessica got out of bed and joined him on eating breakfast.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay! Let's get to work!",Onew rubbed his hands together and gave Jessica knee high rubber boots and a pair of gloves.

"We should have looked for something different. Arrasso, let's start working.", Jessica put on her boots and gloves.

Onew walked over to the shed to grab food for the animals. He gave jessica a bag of dried corn to feed the chickens while he grabbed a hose to give the horses a shower.

"NEHHHHH!!!!!"

"Woah, Woah, Woah! I'm just giving you a shower. I'm not trying to kill you!", Onew put both hands up and went back to showering the 7 horses.

"NEEEHHHHH!!!!"

"What's wrong now?! I bet you owner gives you showers but when it's me you gotta be hatin'?!"

"What's wrong Onew?", Jessica put down the bag of corn and walked over to Onew.

"The horses are going all....weird when I hose them." Onew demonstrated.

"Let me see.", Jessica took the hose and sprayed it on Onew.

"AHH!! THAT IS STEAMIN HOT!! Why did you do that??!!", Onew jumped when the hot water hit his chest.

"Hahahha! That's the problem. You put the water on hot." Jessica walked over to the water faucet on the wall of the house.

"Ohhhh........" Onew then went back to showering the horses, who now calmed down knowing the water was now warm.

Jessica walked to the pond and kneeled on the ground. 

"Yah!! You! Duck! Come over here!", Jessica waved a piece of bread to the ducks that were all gathered in the middle of the pond. They swimmed over to her as soon as they saw her waving bread.

"Ow!", Jessica rubbed her back after feeling a sharp poke. "Ow! Jinki! Why are you poking me?", Jessica yelled after feeling another peck.

"Wuh? I'm over here with the cows!", Onew yelled back.

"Huh,", Jessica turned around and saw the chicken coop door open. "Whoops...." Jessica shot up and started chasing after the chickens.

"Onew-ah! Help!!" Onew turned to her direction and dropped the brush he was using to brush the horses. He ran to help gather the chickens.

"Aish! Stop running away from me!", Onew kept running and fell face first.

"I think they sense the chicken inside your tummy. You eat like 2 buckets everyday. No wonder you barely have abs.", Jessica mumbles the last part to herself.

"Excuse me?! I have abs...just not as visible as Siwon hyung...", His voice trailed off. 

"Just help me get them! This job ! And it's dirty!", Jessica messed up her hair in frustration.

After 20 minutes of running and falling in mud they finally got all 18 chickens back in the coop. 

"Hahaha! You have mud all over you!", Jessica held her stomach. "You do too!", Onew pouted.

"Faiiilllllll on aegyo!", Onew took a handful of mud and wiped it on her face.

"Hahahahaha!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday

"Oh, Mr.Seungri your back!", Onew jogged over to Mr. Seungri who was feeding the horses.

"Oh! You guys have been doing a great job the past few days. I came back last night and everything was well taken cared of!", Mr.Seungri gave them a warm smile.

"Oh thank you. This actually our first time working in a farm.", Jessica bowed at their boss.

"Well you guys can have the day off today. Now shoo!", Mr.Seungri said in a playful way.

 

                                                                                                          *****

 

"Onew-ah......", Jessica sighed as she clinged onto Onew's arm.

"Mm?"

"I'm tired. Can you sing to me right now?", Jessica asked as they sat on a bench nearby the fruit stands.

"Arasso."

Hanchameul kkumeul kkun geot gata
Handongan hemaego hemaeda
Machi yaksogirado han deut
Nae gyejeoreul geoseulleo geu nalcheoreom
Maju seoinneun uri

Geu ttae uriga sseonaeryeogatdeon areumdawotdeon iyagi
Geu ttae uriga gidohaesseotdeon yeongwon hajadeon yaksokdeul
Hanassik tteoollida naui gaseumi
Gyeondiji mot halgeol algie
Ne saenggage kkukkkuk chamasseo
Neoui il nyeoneun tto eottaesseonni

Jessica leaned her head on his shoulder and joined him on singing. The two closed their eyes as they sang together.

Onew Jessica Both

Hanchameul ijeun chae saratji
Handongan gwaenchanheun deut haesseo
Hajiman sigani heureumyeon kkaedara gago isseo
Neo eobsineun naneun an doendaneun geol

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/snsd/one_year_later.html ]
Geu ttae uriga aju jogeumman eoreunseureo wotdeoramyeon
Geu ttae uriga micheo mollatdeon
jigeumeul aratdeoramyeon
Kkeuchi eomneun huhoeman doe noeidaga igyeonael jasini eobseoseo
Geu geot majeo kkuk kkuk chamasseo
Geureoke il nyeoni heulleowasseo

Hoksi neodo nae mam gateulkka
Dasi han beonman gihoereul jugenni
Ijen ara jeoldaero urineun heeojil su eobseo
Saranghago tto saranghaneun hansaram

Uri johatdeon cheoeum geu ttaero 
dasi doragasseumyeon hae
Areumdawotgo haengbokhaesseotdeon sarangieotdeon naldeullo
Gaseum apeun yaegideul heotdoen datumdeul
Ijen modu da mudeo dugo
Dasin kkeonaeji malgiro hae
Gyejeori tto heulleo 
Myeot nyeoni jinado
Oneul gateun mamman 
dasin eopge

When they opened their eyes, they saw a crowd of people infront of the clapping. They stood up and bowed to them and thanked them as well.

"Oh! You kids are so amazing at singing!", A lady around her 70s wearing a dress with acrylic flowers printed on all around approached Onew and Jessica.

"Here, It's the least I could do since you two are new here.", the ajumma gave them some money and gave each of them a hug.

"0h! There's no need for that Ajumma!", Jessica waved her hands at the money, and her head moving side to side.

"But you guys were wonderful and I think you deserve this!" Soon the other people who were watching gave them money and they made sure they thanked them more than needed.

"You know, I think you two should perform here at the plaza every friday! It's a good way to earn money and also I think this place needs something to make it much more lively!", Ajumma chuckled and grabbed Jessica's hand and held it tight. She let go and walked away, smiling. (A/N: The plaza is the market with the fruit stands and etc all around. Imagine rural houses then the dirt, rocky road then the fruit stands etc. all lined up. That's the plaza. You know like a public square no roof or anything ^^ Hehe just informing you.)

"That's not a bad idea. Then maybe we can quit that other job of ours if this turns out good! Also we can finally have more chicken!! Should we try tomorrow night since it will be friday tomorrow?", Onew asked excitedly with the thought of chicken in his head.

"Good idea.", Jessica nodded and smiled as they walked off to their apartment.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another update done! Double update for today. Wait for the second one in a few! ^^