We got a job

By The Lake

Chapter 3

Jessica laid on the right side of the bed while Onew slept on the left side. They left a small gap between them two. They awkwardly laid on the bed in silence until Jessica spoke up.

jessica's POV:

"jinki.....what if-if we never get out of here?"

"we will...they'll come find us soon." Onew turned, facing me now and gave me a warm smile. i smiled back and closed my eyes.

"And goodnight Onew. We still need to look for a job tomorrow..", I reminded him. 

"Goodnight Sica!"

 

-----Next day 8 am-----

"Kaja Onew!" I finished my breakfast and got out of my seat to get dressed. Onew followed and after a few minutes we left to go look for a job.

"Excusme miss, do you know any place that is offering a job?", Onew asked an old lady working at a fruit stand. 

"Oh! keep going and you will see a place that sells farm animals. Just open the fence, everyone is welcome in there. Look for the owner and he might give you a job! Are you new here? How did you get here? We don't have an airport anymore!", the ahjumma pointed down the dirt, damp road. I knew she would ask us that question.

"oh umm no, we are not new!....we just don't live near this area of the town.", i answered back. i didn't want people knowing how we got here. it would cause a lot of questions.

"Well, kamsahamnida ahjumma!", Onew and i bowed and started walking down the road. i knew we were getting closer because you could smell the mud and poop.

 

Onew's POV:

We stopped walking once we reached a brown picket fence. There were some.people looking at the animals in there and feeding them. Sica and I entered the muddy, wet ground, smelly air, zoo like farm. We asked someone if they knew where the owner is. He pointed to a small view of a house next to rows of tress and a small shed.  the man went back to helping his children feed the pigs. i thanked him and held jessica's hand to help her walk through the wet dirt. We passed by horses, cows, chickens, ducks, and other animals.

After 2 minutes of walking on dirt and grass, we reached the house. We realized thetrows of trees grew apples, pears, and other fruits that grew on trees. The house looked like those country houses in movies with the porch and screen door infront of a wooden door. I opened the screen door and knocked on the second door. 

"ahem...", i turn around and jessica points down to our intertwined hands. "You can uh...let go now." i blushed and let go of her hand. "Right...". Suddenly the door opens and an old man, around 60, stood there wearing a hat with casual clothes. I expected a denim jumper with a straw hat.....

 

No One's POV:

"Annyeonghasseyo! I'm Jung Jessica and this is Lee Onew. We're looking for a job and someone told us that you might be able to offer us a job.", Jessica politely asked.

'Of course! You two can have a job! I'm Shin Seungri. You two will start tomorrow. I'll be visiting my mother fir the next few days so I need you to take care of the animals like picking up after them, feeding them, washing them, etc and deliver the vegetables and fruits early in the morning." He pointed to the shed just infront of the row of trees.

"Everything you need is right there. If anything goes wrong while I'm gone..you'll loose your jobs."

"kamsahamnida ahjusshi! And neh!", jessica and Onew said in unison. They bowed and left the farm. 

"We have to pick up after the animals?! As in like poop??!", Jessica whisper yelled at Onew. 

"Oh don't be so prissy! Be happy someone needed our help."

"I'm not being prissy! I just don't want to touch poop every week! Maybe 3 times a week, but not everyday!", Jessica pouted cutely.

"Aish...c'mon let's go get some food!", Onew chuckled at her cute pout and lead the way to a food stand.

 

*Meanwhile at SNSD's dorms*

"Taeyeon Unnie! How come Sica isn't back yet?! She should have been back by now!", Tiffany asked worriedly. Other members started wondering as well. 

"I've called and she doesn't answer or it goes directly to voice mail. Sometimes it says there's no signal.", tiffany added.

"Yeah you're right.Manager unnie was suppose to drop her off here after her arrival," Taeyeon agreed, "I'll call unnie now and ask. maybe she and Sica went somewhere else..." Taeyeon grabbed her phone and dialed their manager's number. She put it on speaker. The other members listened to their conversation. 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Uhm Unnie this is Taeyeon! I was wondering if Jessica is with you?"

"Anio. Why?"

"So you never got a call from her telling you to have her picked up?"

"Aish!! That's right she was suppose to arrive today!! Omo! Where is she Taeyeon? Is she there?"

"That's the problem! Jessica isn't here. She's not answering her phone or even leaving a message!"

"Aigoo...where could that girl be? You girls have a performance on music core tomorrow and she's not here yet."

"Umm her flight could have been delayed and she might come during the night or early in the morning tomorrow?....AH HAH!! Onew oppa is there at the same location where sica is! I'll call the Shinee oppas!" 

"Alright Taeyeon." Manager Unnie hung up and right after Taeyeon said she would call the Shinee oppas, Yuri dialed minho's number. (A/N: Kekeke..I just love that pairing!)

"MINHO! Is Onew there!?", "Is Jessica there?!" They asked at the same time.

"What?!!" They said at the same time again.

"We were sure Onew is back because you're going to perform on music core tomorrow as well! Sica isn't here yet and so we wondered maybe Onew saw Sica."

"Jinja?! Onew isn't here yet that's why I was about to call you but you called me! We're really worried and mostly annoyed because Key is going all diva again *sigh*", Minho replied in an annoyed voice.

"He's not there either?....Just tell me if Onew ever arrives. I'll tell you as well if Sica arrives." Yuri hung up and told the other girls what Minho said. They sat on the couch worried and curious.

 

A/N: Most boring chapter so far right?? We'll try to make the next one better! C O M M E N T and S U B S C R I B E