Day 1

Heated days

Taeyeon stared back at her reflection on the mirror, concentrated on applying the right amount of mascara on her lashes to look perfect. It was her first date with her boyfriend after making it official to the world, and she was both excited and nervous. Suddenly, she felt little brushes around her legs. Taeyeon glanced down at the floor, and met two big green eyes. They are pretty rare eyes, she always thought. They were green; however, their pupils were dark, deep and beautiful, like they could hide the world´s biggest secret.

 

Her baby girl.

 

She looked at the mirror again, trying to put some lipstick on this time.

 

The brown cat fidgeted on her spot on the fuzzy floor carpet, staring right back with intensity at the human that has taken care of her.  When she found no respond from her beloved owner, she laid her soft body on the feet in front of her.

 

Taeyeon felt a warm tingle on her feet and heart. Jessica wanted her attention and she wasn´t going to stop till she had what she wanted. Taeyeon knew that well.

 

“You´re not going to let me get ready, are you?” She chuckled.

 

“Meooww!” Jessica meowed and ruffled her tail on Taeyeon´s toes.

 

“What is it, my princess?” She spoke like a child to her cat, finally picking her up into a sweet embrace. She smiled lovingly as her cat nuzzled her tiny nose in the crook of her neck sniffing and purring in content. “I know Sica-ah, I don´t want to leave either…but I promise I won´t be out for too long.” She muttered, caressing Jessica´s soft shiny fur.

 

She was worried to leave her baby girl alone.

 

Jessica was her first pet. She always wanted a cat since she was little, but her parents hated pets so she never had the chance to have one. Nevertheless, she was now a 26 year old grown woman with a good job and with the enough income to afford her own place and pet. And she had never been happier.

 

She was enjoying a night walk at the park under the bright moonlight, letting the cold breeze brush against her skin and getting to know the neighborhood where she just had moved, when she heard a mew somewhere. She stopped on her tracks and scanned the place. There were a few passersby walking, but no one seemed to notice or hear what she did.

 

“Meoowww!” She snapped her head to her right. There were rubbish bins and a box upside down beside the cans, but not a sign of the source of noises. However, when she was about to give up and go back to what she was doing, the box shook. She gasped and leaned over. The box shook again and moved to the right. She crouched and carefully lifted the box, not wanting to scare whatever was below it.

 

“Meow…”

 

The world stopped.

 

The only thing she could see and feel was a pair of beautiful, unique and innocent dark eyes. In that very unforgettable moment, she knew her heart was no longer hers but this baby kitten´s. Forever.

 

Without a second thought, she grabbed the brown kitten and took it to the first vet clinic she found. The little cat didn´t have a collar neither a name tag; what meant: the kitty didn´t have an owner or was just abandoned like trash. Or possibly both. She just couldn´t understand who could have a stone for a heart and throw a cat just two weeks older into the cold and lone night.

 

The vets told her it was a female and that it needed a lot of care since it was malnourished.  They washed her and gave her the right treatment for the malnutrition and fleas. Also, the vets gave her little kitten the needed vaccination and recommendation for her right care.

 

“How are you going to name it?” One of the vests asked her. She glanced at the baby cat that now was playing with her fingertips.  Feeling Taeyeon´s eyes on her, the cat stared right back at her new owner.

 

“Jessica.” Taeyeon responded with full confidence and pride.

 

“Really?” The vet asked with disbelief. “Isn´t that a `too human name´ for a cat?”

 

“No! Look at her! She´s telling me with her eyes she wants that name!” She laughed while the cat was chewing and on her fingers. It tickled.  

 

“Aha…” The vet scoffed mockingly. “It is hungry. I´ll be right back with its feeding bottle.” They guy left, muttering under his breath how the cat owners were always the weirdest.

 

Taeyeon shrugged and started scratching behind her new cat´s ear. “It is not an it, it is a she…” She murmured. The kitten purred on satisfaction at the feeling of digits caressing her ears.

 

“You´ll be Jessica and you´re my baby girl, got it?” She cooed.

 

“Meoooww.”

 

“Yes, you are my baby.”

 

The first days were difficult, but after one or two funny incidents, Jessica and she got used to each other´s presence. Taeyeon was excited and she wanted the best for her cat and wanted to take care of her with all her love. She bought the best food, the best brushes, the best cat clothing and accessories, the best cat toys, the best blankets and bed. She also took her to the best pet grooming salons and to the best vets. She even had her own plushie called Taengoo!

 

Jessica was a spoiled cat and it was probably her fault.

 

She didn´t care.

 

Jessica was her princess.

 

It had been almost 12 months since then, and Jessica was beginning to face her first heat. It was supposed to start in a week but she had been noticing a few changes on her baby girl´s behavior. She was more moody than usual, although Jessica got annoyed and irritated really fast, and she spent too much time rolling on the floor and furniture. She would rub her spongy limbs against anything, mostly Taeyeon herself, just like she was doing at that moment. It was cute and funny and it didn´t bother Taeyeon. All she wanted was her cat to feel protected and loved. So, she was worried of leaving her alone for a long time. What if some disgusting male cat sneaked into her home, approached Sica, and did horrible things to her princess while she was out?! She shivered.

 

She came back abruptly from her thoughts as she heard the bell ringing. Her boyfriend. A grin crept across her face. She wanted to see him so bad.

 

“Let´s open the door Sica!” She exclaimed happily, holding her tightly in her arms.

 

Taeyeon reached the door and she felt Jessica stiffen.

 

Jessica didn´t like Baekhyun. Well…kind of hated him.

 

Nah. Let´s be honest. Taeyeon knew her kitty loathed her boyfriend.

 

Ok. Let´s be more honest.

 

Actually, Sica hated everyone who came too close to Taeyeon. Yes. Jessica was not just a spoiled cat, but a possessive one. The only people she didn´t seem to hate were her own stylists at the grooming salon…probably because she knew they treated her like the princess she was. Taeyeon always thought Sica might see them like her servants.

 

 If she knew she was not wrong.

 

However, her hatred for Baekhyun was in a whole new level.

 

“Calm down Sica-yahh, he´s a good guy…” Taeyeon tried to pacify her, petting the cat´s head.

 

“Meow.” Jessica muttered a quiet yowl, disagreeing entirely with her owner. She had smelled the ugly human way before he pressed the bell´s button and she knew he was coming to separate her from the only thing she loved. But not today. Not when she was feeling so hot and uncomfortable. She wanted water, fresh air, and her owner´s complete attention, so she could rub on her and cuddle with her. She was sleepy and wanted her. And Taengoo was hers. The end.

 

Taeyeon opened the door and met a charming smile.

 

“Hi babe!” Baekhyun greeted and jumped a little on his spot. Taeyeon´s heart beat fast.

 

“Hi Baek-“

 

“Hey pretty kitty, how are y-“ He approached the cat on his girlfriend´s arms, wanting to pet her, but was harshly cut by the own cat.

 

“Nyyahh!!!” Jessica made a loud and scary sound right from , showing her white and cute fangs on a clear way of threatening the man.

 

“Woah! Easy, kitty!” Baekhyun retracted his hand rapidly.

 

“Jessica!” Taeyeon raised her voice moving her away from Baekhyun. “Bad kitty!” She spoke and stared straight at Jessica´s eyes, trying to look severe enough for her own cat to take her seriously. It was in vein. Jessica turned her head haughty and jumped off Taeyeon´s arms, making her way to her cozy blankets. Taeyeon sighed.

 

“I´m sorry Baek…she´s on heat and she´s a little bit sensitive lately…hehe” Taeyeon smiled apologetically to him, scratching her nape with blushing cheeks.

 

“She has never liked me, right?” He muttered awkwardly, faking a chuckle.

 

“Oh! She just doesn´t like people in general Baek…Don´t take it to heart hehehe.” Taeyeon tried to lighten the mood. “So, where are we going?” She smiled sheepishly to her boyfriend.

 

“Babe, there´s this awesome new Vietnamese restaurant a few streets away and I really want to take you!” He cried out, excited.

 

“Ok, let me get the car keys.” Taeyeon smiled and her heels to grab them from the coffee table, when she heard a not very masculine shriek. She immediately turned around and let out a squeal as she watched in horror how Jessica, who seconds ago was her cute pads in tranquility, was all over Baekhyun, attacking him with her sharp paws.

 

“Nyyyyaaaaahhh!!!”

 

“Waaaaaaaaaaa!!! nooooo kitty!”

 

“Grrrmyyaaahh!”

 

“Sicaaaaaaaaa!!!”

 

“Get her off me!!! Get her off me!!!”

 

Baekhyun ran all over the place, trying to free himself from the awakening beast. Taeyeon didn´t know what to do and kept on pleading Jessica to stop, but her kitty lost it. She was scratching, biting and clawing, stating that she wanted the filthy human out and far away. And that she always got what she wanted.

 

With an energetic jolt, he finally achieved to get Sica off him. However, breathing heavily and trying to recover from the assault, he didn´t realize Jessica was still too close to him and he stepped on something bouncy.

 

The blood drained off Taeyeon´s face when she saw in slow motion how her boyfriend laid his right foot on her princess fluffy tail.

 

“Baby!!!” Taeyeon squeaked, panic consuming her.

 

“MEOWWWW!” Jessica hopped in pain and fear and ran to her owner´s arms with lightning speed.

 

“O-oh my g-god! I´m so so-sorry…” Baekhyun stuttered worried, but still agitated from the mess.

 

Taeyeon hugged Jessica tightly as the later whimpered and trembled, burying herself on Taeyeon´s chest.

 

“Meooow…”

 

“It´s ok Sica-ah…It´s ok…”

 

Taeyeon then frowned and looked at her boyfriend with growing irritation.

 

“Y-yo-you stepped on her…” She murmured, staring at him accusingly.

 

“B-bu-but B-ba-baby-y, she w-was a-attacking me…”

 

“And that gives you the right to hurt her?” Taeyeon raised her voice this time.

 

“B-uut- I didn´t waa-“

 

Taeyeon sighed loudly. “You know what? I don´t really want to go out now Baek…” She started talking. “I knew I couldn´t leave her alone. I´m sorry for her behavior…” She caressed Jessica´s tail, trying to ease her baby girl´s ache. “But…you should go.”

 

Baekhyun opened and closed his mouth repeatedly like a fish out of water, not wanting to believe his girl was kicking him out because of a cat. He finally looked down.

 

“I´ll call you later…” Taeyeon muttered quietly, inhibited. He nodded slowly, watching carefully his girlfriend´s expression. Perhaps, she would change her mind. She was just concentrated pampering Jessica, though. He sighed and walked out, closing the door as soundless as possible.

 

…………………………………………………

 

Jessica moved in circles over the mattress, plunging her claws, making herself comfortable. Taeyeon giggled.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” She the tiny humid nose of her cat.

 

“Meoww.” Jessica approached her and supported herself on her forepaws over Taeyeon´s neck, her owner´s nose, affectionate. Taeyeon´s smirk widened and her eyes shone with love. She couldn´t date her boyfriend, and she was still upset about the whole incident; however, she still had her princess and that was all she needed.

 

Jessica purred on sheer happiness. Her Taengoo stayed with her and the revolting human left with his tail between his legs. Victory was sweet but she still felt hot and bothered, so she was going to rub and roll over her owner a little bit longer, and then doze off on her arms, cuddling with her.

 

Yes, that was what true joy was all about.

 

 

......................................

 

This was the first chap. Hope you guys enjoyed...if you didn´t, you´re free to tell! I love comments and critics.

Oh. Almost forgot. This is my intellectual work so NO stealing. Plagiarism isn´t allowed.

Sorry for any mistakes, grammar and spelling errors. Feel free to correct! ^^

See you!