A Frozen Star Ch 6-10

A Frozen Star

             Chapter 6: Two Guys, Two Girls
 

HyunJoong believes in 1000 cranes. He believes that they will make your wishes of love come true. He made those cranes in between his hectic schedule just to give those to HyeJung. Of course his tremendous number fans are helping, but it’s what the thoughts that counts. One crane is dedicated for each day of their love adventure. He promised HyeJung that the day they run out of crane, he’ll start folding turtles.

 

HyeJung has lots of friends. Most of them are male. This brings lots of complicated tendency between their friendships. Like Jihoon said, there’s no such friendship between girls and boys. That’s what he said when HyeJung said she only wants to be friend with him. But Jihoon wants more. So does YunHo, JunJin, HyunJoong. And now, Seungho..

 

Seungho doesn’t watch romantic movies. He prefers horror movies instead. He doesn’t believe in promises of a thousand cranes, or wishes upon a falling star Those things are lies, not logic, and irrational. These traits of him, had give lots of headache for SoYeon.

 

8 years of friendship with Seungho, almost makes SoYeon knows every little things of him. They love each other, or at least SoYeon hopes so. Seungho never says it otherwise, but he never says that it’s true either. So SoYeon just leave it there, for her own happiness, for a little peace in their life. But now, it seems like he’s changed. He’s drifting away.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7:

The Words

 

 

HyeJung took a sip full of hot ramen. Seungho watches her proudly. SoYeon’s too feminine to do that. He loves girls who eat well. Or maybe he just loves HyeJung? He’s not sure, yet.

 

“ HyunJoong tells me not to mention your name again”.

 

Seungho looks at her deeply. He knew this would be happen sooner or later

 

“Then, don’t”

 

HyeJung shrugged.

 

“But I want him to know you, that you are a great friend of mine. I’m sure that he will like you. You both have similar personalities. You both leader, you both don’t like cheesy stuffs, and you both play soccer too. I thought he would love to meet you.”

 

HyeJung keeps rattling without knowing that her words have made Seungho’s heart bleeding. A great friend of mine… He sighed.

 

“Don’t compare us like that. We’ve nothing similar”

 

“But you are..”

 

Seungho cuts her words.

 

“What is it that you really want? noona?” he added that ‘noona to make him sounds more formal. Regretting his sharp tone.

 

HyeJung blinks at his formality. He rarely speaks in honorific with her when they’re alone, disregarding their 7 years of age differences. She looks at Seungho’s eyes that give her stern looks. Those sharp dark brown eyes keep reminding her of HyunJoong’s eyes.

 

“What do you mean by what I want?” she can feel the shaking in her voices when she speaks up under those demanding eyes.

 

“I mean what is it that you want from me?”

 

There’s no use to pretend anymore. His words are plain and directly to the point. HyeJung never really meets someone who’s more straightforward than this. It makes her feel insecure. She used to use concealed words to protect herself from the pains she got from the past.

 

“I just want to be a friend with you” she whispers as she nervously glancing her SCR ring.

 

At that, Seungho heart sunk and never surfaced again.

 

He stood up, walked and passed her by. 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8:

HyeJung

 

She used to have difficulties with idols. Although she rarely started it, it seems that her bright personalities attract many idol boys. Disregarding their popularity, they confessed in national television shows, interviews, and radios. But soon they’ll regret it since she got bashed a lot by their fans, made them panic and turned their feeling off to protect her with all their might. Oh the power of those lunatic fans!

 

Jihoon back off politely and never mentioned her in any of his interview. YunHo had to correct his revelation of mentioning her as his idol type because most of his fans were bashing her. HyunJoong controlled his fans by not mentioning their relationship all the while and have to find ways to sneak around one night or two. Even go further to Macau just to have a normal date. Ha! As if a date in Macau can be considered as a normal date, she scoffs. 

 

But Seungho..

 

She remembers that with his inexperience, he did exactly the same with the other boys. He confessed that it was her as his idol type in one of his radio shows. As she can see, that was a proven recipe for disaster. The results are as expected. HyunJoong’s fans went angry, Seungho’s fans went crazy, and Jihoon scolded him for saying such a non-sense in the beginning of his career (although she doubt that Jihoon did that as concern for Seungho’s career, oh! that guy and his jealousy). But Seungho was not even blink an eye on it. He treats those threats with his typical non-care attitude.

 

It was a time after in a particular variety show that they both attended together, he was asked whether he’s still has her as his idol type.

 

He answered it bluntly with his mischievous smile,

“Not anymore”

 

And when he’s been asked further, he bluntly explained,

“I thought since we have similar personalities like being straightforward and all, we would match each other. But then I found out that I’ll be in big trouble.” hinted all the threats his facing behind merely those simple words.

 

Oh! That boy and his non-care attitude.

 

No doubt after that show HyeJung was questioned endlessly by HyunJoong. He was furious because netizens were pointing fingers to him as the guy who warned Seungho to back-off. Oh yes, no matter how hard they tried to hide their relationship after that fake marriage show, those netizens always found out somehow. And yes, finally HyunJoong found out the radio show incident.

 

That was the first time HyeJung feels so scared of HyunJoong.

 

 

Chapter 9: SeungHo

They say he is a rising star, full of talent, comes with a complete package of what everyone needs to become as an all rounded idol.  

He got the looks. He got the brain, a well developed brain in its both sides that gives him impressive academic records, strong leadership characteristics, technical and practical skills added with an endless list of arts and sports talent. Name it, singing, acting, dancing, playing various musical instruments, judo, soccer, and swimming. The list can be going on and on and on.

They say he got everything that every idol wants. They say he can get whatever that he wants.

They were wrong.

He wants something that is impossible to obtain.

He doesn’t want to be a friend.

 

Chapter 10:

HyunJoong

 

 

“So, that’s the guy named Seungho”.

 

He speaks to himself while browsing around the internet. Watching a video of MBLAQ doing a variety show together with HyeJung. He can see the way HyeJung beams brightly when the MC mentioned her as his Idol type. The way Seungho keeps stealing glances on her.

 

“I shall keep an eye on him”