A Frozen Star Ch 26-31

A Frozen Star
Chapter 26
The Innocent Sinner

There are so many times when SoYeon feels want to slaps girls that Seungho used to date during their school days. Most of them didn’t really deserve him, only after him for his good looking features and popularity to brag of, thick pocket money to spend with, and papers of homework to cheat on. But she was pretty much contented that Seungho managed to sort those girls out with his cold demeanour. Oh, he was polite enough not to turn them down at once, but he sure doesn’t care whether his sore attitude hurt them in the right way. Thus, SoYeon shares her delight whenever Seungho tramples each one of the not-so-good girl-to-date, to her own relief.

Sometimes, SoYeon feels sorry for some of the girls that are actually quite okay, the ones that are pouring their heart with admiration towards his glamorous arch and treat him with extreme adoration, something that irate him most-she knows this much. So, it didn’t really surprise her when Seungho chased them off. His tongue is as sharp as a double-sided-sword, you don’t see the cut, but it sure bleed out your heart.

But seeing HyeJung sunbae in front of the door....

SoYeon can’t help to feels herself is terribly pathetic.

There she stands, eyes wide open, seeing her in bed -less clothes applied- under the same blanket with Seungho, who sleeps soundly like a tired baby. SoYeon tried to escape from Seungho’s hug but his firm arms just won’t budge any single bit. She helplessly tried to explain the situation to the gorgeous woman standing frail in the doorway but she already turned her back on. She catches a glimpse of tears on her cheeks before the said woman rushed away.

Of all the emotion that she should have, why do she feels so damned? It’s like she has been interfering something that is not to be obstructed. This is weird since in normal situation HyeJung would easily be the one who should took all the blame. She’s the cheater who seeing another guy behind his fiancé’s back. She’s the one who toying with Seungho’s heart, took it in a dash, and trampled it way too harsh. If there’s any chance SoYeon would wish to chastised her in revenge for his broken heart, this is surely the way she wanted to do.

But as she turned around to see the dim tears on the corner of Seungho’s eyes, that night she saw the second life that she tore away to ashes.

 

Chapter 27
The Wedding Invitation

There is a pastel coloured emboss paper with silver ribbon wrapped it around nicely laying on JiHoon’s office desk. It luxuriousness aura spread over its serene presence. It smells as sweets as lover in spring and as fresh as the morning dew falling from the first green leaves of the pine trees. HyeJung’s signature smile and HyunJoong’s superior appearance capture on its corner. It addressed to him at his office but it has Seungho’s name upon it.

JiHoon took a deep glance of the paper murmuring that his life is already hard to begin with without adding this kind of hassle into it. He called his secretary to send the paper to MBLAQ manager at their dorm and sending order to the other four to stay away from the said dorm, if they still value their life.

He should talk to HyeJung to knock some sense to this HyunJoong guy.
 

Chapter 28
Zombie don’t exists


But Byunghee thinks he got the evidence to prove that the thesis sentence is wrong. Well, maybe he has to work hard to prove that his walking-lifelessly-evidence has its own evolution since this specimen in front of him has panda eyes on its blonde hair.
 

Chapter 29
Severe Emotions


“So this is your other way to torture me, HyeJung-sshi?”

HyeJung widened eyes in response upon recognising the voice. He stood in her apartment door throwing some paper at her feet. The Invitation, she realised in deep shocked. How in the world he can have it in first place?

“It’s so NICE of you to invite me over after everything you’ve done to me” he marched in banging the door behind “What? Isn’t my wretched broken heart enough for you to be laughing at now that you feel the need to pull this kind of lame joke on me?”

HyunJoong, she inhaled deeply as his harsh words sinking in.

“I’m sorry.” She said quietly. Fingers clenched tight as she gathered all her strength in the front of this infuriated man that she’s in love with, but would never be hers to live with. “For everything ever happen between us, I’m really sorry”.

Seungho looked at her in disbelief.

“Tch!” he seethed “You sure know how to toy around with man’s feeling don’t you, HyeJung-sshi? You turn your back on that HyunJoong to come to me, feed your own satisfaction on my devotion to you and once you bored you throw me away to get back to his secure side. And now you sayin you’re sorry, as if you just knock and stomped on my foot accidentally? Really, you’re unbelievable!”

HyeJung closed her eyes and ears all the while but the words really cut her heart sore now its bleeding. Can’t take any of the insult more, she snapped. “I don’t see why it would hurt you much seeing that I wasn’t hiding anything from the beginning, you fully aware who I am to begin with, and you enjoy it as much as I did.” She saw glitches of anger and hurt on Seungho’s eyes and can’t help to take pleasure of his hurt-maybe he’s right, that she loves torturing him- as she added mercilessly “At least I’m not the one who is in this while laying around with people in their bed!”

He sense a pang in his heart as he remember his night spent with SoYeon. Despite his pretention to not awake that night, he was fully aware that HyeJung was there, and how he kept SoYeon on his embrace just to get it over quickly. People say it is better to break it all up at once than took the long path to heal. How dare of her throwing this back on him? Seungho’s eyes have become a thin line as he demanded “Who are you to talk like this to me?”

Feeling the dangerous tone on his voice, HyeJung took a step back reluctantly. God knows how she struggling to keep her feet stand with those eyes eating her alive.

“Look, Seungho, Let’s ease up and make this easier.” She pleaded, “We’re not going anywhere with this, in fact we can’t even if we want to. You have your career and I have HyunJoong. I admit that I had done terrible deeds to you by feeding your fantasies up but this isn’t going to work.”

Feeding my fantasies?” He jeered at her words “Don’t you ever have any tiniest little feeling on me? I must be really pathetic then imagining things like the way you kissed me back knowing now that you only feeding my-GODDAMN- fantasies?!

She sighed “Seungho, you know how i feel without I need to say it out loud but I beg you please to see from my point of view. You’re still young and has long way to go, you won’t expect me to wait for you as I am aging here, will you? And I’ve HyunJoong, for God Sake! What do you expect me to do?”

He groaned to frustration as he took step forward and roughly pinned Hyejung to the wall, “And I beg you to see from MY point of view HyeJung-sshi, what is it you expect me to do?”

Silence between them was heavier than the moment when HyunJoong declared that he found out her relation with Seungho. And as Seungho crushed his lips on hers in tears of anger and hunger, the words “If only” were lingering around their unspoken mind at the same time. If only they were in totally different universe, if only she met him earlier, if only she was younger and has no time constraint choking her life path, if only HyunJoong love her less than she deserves, if only the time would stop and there only the two of them that matters...


 
Chapter 30
The Fragile Living


JiHoon have sent the maid lady to MBLAQ dorm to clean up whatever mess that would cause any harm to his precious boys. They’ve experienced a shattered glass in the room situation before, so he expected something bigger this moment. Everyone knows exactly that Seungho is the most difficult to handle among the member when it comes to his bad temper. He may rarely raised his voice or vents his anger at other but that just make him more dangerous since the bottling emotion might exploded at once. Therefore, JiHoon has purposely emptied the boys schedule for the last three days to ease the tension on the leader’s head.

So, he was surprised when his secretary reported that the maid lady said the dorm was quiet fine per usual. His rising curiosity led him to drop at the boys’ dorm on his way to lunch. Greeted by the ever smiling ChulYong and the wifebeater-wrapped ChangSun, he stepped inside to see the dorm is practically in good order. SangHyun was laying on the couch with his head on Seungho’s lap, flipping over television channels while ByungHee was bending on the fridge yelling that there’s nothing left there and that they need to call for a delivery order food.

He eyed ChangSun of Seungho’s appearance, and earned a shrugged and a hurried “X” from Mir as a sign not to mention anything related to the leader matter. He nodded quietly as he announced that he’ll took them out for lunch making Mir jumped up and down ceremoniously and earned a “Yoohoo!” from Seungho. He noticed though, that the leader’s bright smile didn’t reach his now more than ever sunken and lifeless eyes.

He took a deep breath and pats him slightly when they walked to his van ready to grab their lunch and mouthing words to the other four. “This is why i’m so against you guys to have date. From now on, don’t even try to think about it!” he entered the front door of the van, leaving the rest of the boys gulping behind.


 

Chapter 31
Epilogue

“How have you been? Have you eat well?”
“I’m good, life , too many schedule to catch, haven’t got breakfast yet since CheolYong here just finished my cereal this morning. I’m gonna pluck his hair one by one after this. Hahaha... How’s yours?”
“Lol, have some mercy on him, he still needs to grow. Kekeke.. My relatives just arrived from all over the world for the ceremony. Although I doubt it’s me they long to see, they are making ruckus taking pictures with HyunJoong whenever he comes around -_-”
“Heh, your life more than mine”
“Lol, indeed. How’s SoYeon?”
“She’s good, having another album coming out. Haven’t seen her lately”
“Be good to her, she loves you”
“I’m good to you”
“Here we go again...”
“Sorry, can’t help. Just a wistful thinking, if I asked you, would you like to run away with me?”
“Uhm.. lemme thinks, depends on where to you taking me? Hahaha”
“Bali?”
“Okay, that’s intriguing kekeke... but, still.., No.”
“I knew you would say that. What is HyunJoong best from me? I can feed you too, you know, kekeke..”
“He’s better-looking than you.”
“Oh please, just stab my heart.”
“Hahaha.. you asked for it!”
“I miss you...”
“I know...”
“Live well...”
“I will.”
“I won’t be there, you know, at your day...”
“I’m not expecting you to...”
“I wish to see you once again, to be able to send you off...”
“And what’s good that for us?”
“Still... Look, I haven’t told you this before, but since there will be no time for me to say this again in the future, I just want to let you know this, that I love you. Don’t feel burdened by it tho. I’m not expecting anything:)


“Seungho-hyung!”

Seungho raised his head looking to the shouting voice direction to find Mir running toward him.

“TaeWan-hyung is looking for you. He wants to ask your opinion on Cheondoong-hyung bridge composition, he wants to add some piano chords on it but need your opinion beforehand.” Mir informed him; the young boy eventually registered his dim expression with his Blackberry on his hand and suspiciously asked “Who are you chatting with?”

Seungho shrugged his shoulder non-chalantly, “No one particular.” He said and heading to the studio.

It will be fine, Seungho thinks as he entered the studio room and cheers the other boys. He’ll find a way to mend his shattered heart, she will enjoy her new life, and maybe they’ll meet again someday, maybe not on this life.

The Blackberry messenger beeps once again and he peeked to see her last reply.

Me too...”

 

--------FINISH------