you're too serious| ft choi minho

my {o n e-s h o t} at ℓσvє.♥

you're too serious| ft. choi minho

                         I was helping my older cousin plan her wedding that wasn't too far away.She was marrying this guy named Donghae and his best man's name was Minho. Apparently Minho and Donghae were like brothers but then again, I could care less. He was this uptight, serious guy; if you never saw him you never would've guessed that he's nineteen. I was supposed to get along with him... but that didn't work. Me and Minho were complete opposites; cat & dog, fire & ice or white & black; we were too different from each other.

"Minhoooo! Dude! You have to talk. Or else people are gonna think you're a mute or something!", I pleaded him. I swear to god I've never met a teenager like this.

He just looked at me, with his big eyes.

"You know what?! I'm not trying anymore", I threw a fit and slammed the box down.
__________


"Unnie! You're coming to see my performance, right?", I gave her my puppy eyes.

I was performing at the Winter Carnival, and I really wanted her to come. I was performing Pretty Boy by 2NE1.

"I'll see what I can do...You know I'm busy planning this wedding."

I looked down. Eversince she's met Donghae it's like I don't exist anymore.

"Yeah, I'm sorry", I said before walking away.

She didn't show up that night. What a suprise. But instead Minho showed up that night.

"Minho? What are you doing here?", I asked after ending my performance.
 

"Noona wanted me to tell you she couldn't make it", he replied.
 

"It's not like I needed a messenger", I mumbled, "Thanks for wasting your time though...."
 

"I didn't waste my time. Your performance was really great", he said with a small smile.
 

"Really?!", I shot him the brightest smile my face could manage.

He nodded.

"You know I always liked you...", I lied as I put my arm around his shoulder.

___________

"Is something wrong?", Minho asked. We were walking and it seems like I drifted off.
 

"No, nothing's wrong", I replied.
 

"You know it's not good to keep things bottled up."
 

"Wow Minho. You're really mature for a guy your age."
 

He chuckled, "I get that a lot."

 

"Don't you get mad that your hyung spends so much time with my unnie?", I asked out of the blue.
 

"What?", he stared at me like I was crazy.
 

"Nevermind", I started to walk faster.
 

"Ah, so that's what's bothering you", he caught up, both mentally and physically.
 

"You're sad that she doesn't spend enough time with you?"
 

"No!", I denied a little too quickly.
 

"Listen, I know it may seem like she's too busy for you now but she's always thinking about you."
 

"Pft, how do you know?", I retorted.
 

"Because she's always talking and worrying about you.Donghae hyung even started to brag about you!"

 

"...Really?", I said. with a bit of hope in my voice.
 

"Yes."
 

"Thanks, Minho."
 

"Anytime."

That night I felt butterflies in my stomach everytime he smiled. It didn't stop there. I would get nervous around him, trip over things and spoke like a complete idiot.
____________

"Can I talk to you?", Minho said.
 

"Sure", I replied. Minho was now that friend that I always talked to and trusted. Once you get to know him he isn't that uptight.
 

"There's this girl I like... but I don't know if she likes me back." I felt my heart sink, but didn't let it show.
 

"Maybe you should just tell her. I mean you ARE Choi Minho, the flower boy."
 

"But she's different. I don't think she'll just be smitten by the fact that I'm Choi Minho"
 

"Dude, you're too serious. Just wing it", I said getting frustrated. I got up and started to walk away even though Minho was calling out for me. I wanted to be alone.
_____________

I was on the swings at a park. I didn't know what time it was but it was definitely late...and cold. I started to walk home before my parents got to worried.

"Yah!! Haven't I told you it's rude to walk away from people?", I heard a voice say. It sounded so familiar.
 

"Minho? What are you doing here?", I was baffled. That was the first thing I said to him the night we got closer.

He walked closer and closer; it was kind of scary to see Minho angry. That girl probably rejected him.

"Why are you so angry? That girl rejected you, didn't she? I knew you, the Choi Minho, couldn't handle--"
 

I was cut off by his lips pressed against mine as he grabbed my face. I wanted to show some kind of reaction but my body was frozen and my lips just kissed him back.

"Don't you like somebody else?", I stuttered after breaking away from the kiss.
 

"Pabo... Don't you know it's been you all along? You're the only girl I'll ever approve of ", he leaned his forehead against mine.

A smile broke out my face. The serious, uptight, flower boy was mine.