I've Missed You

Of Mama's Boys and Daddy's Boys

tumblr_mw7fda8XBT1qd408eo1_500.png


    Joonmyeon was finally getting use to having children. They were great for keeping him company and keeping him busy throughout the day. I really don't think I was expecting two kids by the time I was twenty-one though, he thought.
    The only problem was that Luhan and Minseok had progressively become more attached to Yifan. At first, the two would cry and fuss if they were being held by Joonmyeon, and their father was nowhere in sight. Thankfully they grew out of that. Now though, they would simply sit and wait for Yifan to walk in the door and come cuddle and kiss them. They’d play, of course, but they seemed to just know when Yifan would arrive home because they’d cease their playing. Then the tall giant would enter and come right over to the two boys, skipping his lovely husband (That jerk, Joonmyeon thought bitterly.).
    Joonmyeon sighed again. Just thinking about how Yifan seemed to pay more attention to their children instead of him gave him a headache. It's not that he didn’t want Yifan to love, play, and care for their children, but he was twenty-one! He had needs too. Then again, his needs are what got him into the situation of having kids so early.
    Joonmyeon pouted, missing his husband. He missed how they’d always cuddle and snuggle at night. He missed how Yifan would always kiss him and wrap him up right when he entered their shared apartment. He hated how Yifan now always seemed too tired to do anything. And how he was always staying later at work.
    But Yifan is their breadwinner.
    He was the one that went to work everyday to provide for their growing family. It really helped that he was becoming more and more important to the company he worked in. The owner seemed to really love how hardworking Yifan was, and he seemed to be molding him into the perfect replacement for himself. That'd be amazing if Yifan took over Korea’s largest business company, but it still how his husband was spending less and less time at home.
    “Mama?” a small voice gurgled. Joonmyeon looked down to find himself in the middle of their living room, baby Minseok looking up at him through large chocolate eyes. “Baba, home?” he gurgled, head cocking to the side adorably.
    “Not yet, baby. Soon though, okay?” he cooed to the small eleven-month old. Minseok nodded before turning back to his small toy cars, acting out how the motor vehicles would move on a street (sort of, not really actually, unless, you count moving in a constant curve, backing up and moving forward at a rapid pace that would surely cause a multitude of accidents, how cars drive normally).
    Joonmyeon then looked around to see his more delicate (and girly) son, sitting closer to the door on his fluffy pink blanket. Damn Yifan for constantly buying Luhan girly things, he thought grouchily.
    “Luhan?” he called his smaller son. The mentioned boy glanced behind him quickly before turning back to face the door. Joonmyeon scowled before moving closer and sitting down next to his son.
    “Are you waiting for baba?” Luhan nodded slightly, eyes still trained on their wooden front door. “Do you wanna play with mama while you wait? I don’t think baba will be home for awhile, sweetie.”
    Luhan shook his head; “Wait for baba.”
    Joonmyeon nodded dejectedly before trying to stand. He couldn’t shuffle into the correct position though; his back was sore from sleeping funny the previous night. He sighed before he decided to scoot closer to the couch, wanting to wait some shows while he waited for his back to relax. He stretched to reach the remote for the television when he seemed to catch his eldest son's attention.
    “Mama, watch Totoro?” Minseok asked, crawling over to his mother.
    “No!” Luhan shouted. “Castle!”
    “Why don't we watch both, sweeties?” Minseok nodded, but Luhan pouted, turning back to the door to sulk. “Are you going to come over, Luhan?” The mentioned boy shook his head, causing Joonmyeon to sigh. “Can we watch Castle first, Minseok? I promise we can watch Totoro after.” Minseok nodded since he enjoyed both “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Castle in the Sky”, just Totoro more.
    “Okay, mama,” the elder boy agreed.
    “Luhan,” the mother called gently, “we're going to watch Castle first.” Luhan turned slightly to see his mother's hopeful gaze, and his brother's nodding.
    He shrugged before moving to grab his blanket and crawl over to his mother. “Okay,” he answered after he sat down next to Joonmyeon, who sighed softly.
    “Alright, let's start the movie.”

    They had finished not only “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Castle in the Sky”, but also “Kiki's Delivery Service”, and Yifan had still yet to come home. Joonmyeon sighed as he glanced at the clock to see that his husband was extra late today.
    It's already seven. Why isn’t he home yet? He thought sadly, taking a look around to see Luhan sleeping with his thumb between his lips, and Minseok half-asleep with his head against the couch blanket that Joonmyeon had wrapped around them all. I still have to make dinner, he continued. But, I need to figure out how to get up... His back muscles had finally been released, but now, his legs were asleep from sitting too long.
    It seemed that the world was on his side now though (thankfully) because he heard the distinct sound of jingling as the lock of their apartment was opened. “Thank god you're finally here,” he sighed.
    A moment later, their door was pushed open, and the heavy, hunched-over figure of his husband walked in. “I”m home,” he mumbled, voice cracking and heavily laced with tiredness. The tall figure lent down, dropping his briefcase and moving to untie his shoes.
    “I'm over here, Yi,” he called softly. The mentioned male slowly stood up before dragging his feet over to the sound of his husband. “Wait, don't sit!” he called, hands reaching out to stop the elder.
    “Why?” he whined. “I'm tired.”
    “I know, but I need help to get up and make dinner,” Joonmyeon explained to the sleepy, hunched elder.
    “Call for take-out then,” Yifan waved off.
    “But Yi, I need to feed Minseok and Luhan too.”
    Yifan sighed, trudging over to help his stranded husband up. “Wake me when food's here,” he mumbled, flopping down on the couch and closing his eyes.
    “Here?” Joonmyeon asked. “Do you really want take-out?”
    Yifan nodded sleepily, turning over to snuggle into the couch. “Chinese food,” he cooed. Joonmyeon sighed before walking over to his refrigerator (that's where they hang all their menus) and picking Yifan's favorite take-out place.
    He called the small restaurant, giving his long order (Yifan really did eat too much, especially Chinese food) before he moved to make some food for his twins. Taking out multiple different fruits and vegetables, he began the process of cutting them up before he moved to blend them into mushy (he hated store bought baby food because it was so much easier to just make his own, and it was better for his babies too). He then pulled out some chicken for the two rapidly growing boys, proud that his babies had started gaining teeth early and could eat finger food now. He was glad that Minseok and Luhan could eat some finger foods, but he still gave them a lot of mushy food since they didn’t have all their teeth.

    Forty-five minutes later and Joonmyeon had put out all of the food for dinner that night (the take-out had arrived not even five minutes earlier) before going off to wake up his sleeping family. “Minseok, Luhan,” he called, gently shaking the two small boys.
    Both of the children slowly opened their eyes, rubbing them before slowly sitting up. “Baba?”
    “Yes, babies. Baba's home, but we're going to eat dinner right now.” Both boys perked up at the thought of their father being home, mindlessly letting Joonmyeon pick them up and strap them into their highchairs. He then moved over to his still sleeping husband. “Yi,” he cooed, shaking the elder's shoulder. “Chinese food.”
    “Food,” mumbled the sleepy giant.
    “Yes, Yi,” he chuckled. “Come get the food while it's hot. The boys are waiting for you too,” he added.
    Yifan shuffled, turning on his back to look up at his husband with a large sleepy smile. “Give me a kiss first.”
    Joonmyeon sighed before bending down to press a quick kiss against his husband's lips. Yifan then sighed before sitting up and pulling the younger into his lap. “I guess I’ll just steal a real kiss.” He lent forward, happily kissing his husband after a long day of stress.
    Their lips molded perfectly, slotting together the same way their bodies did. Joonmyeon moaned softly, melting into his husband after what seemed like such a long absence. Yifan smirked into their kiss as he felt the younger practically turning into putty, and his large slid up Joonmyeon's back until he buried his fingers in his soft blonde hair.
    The couple continued in their passionate kissing until a loud shrill from the dining room broke them apart. “Baba!” Luhan yelled in a loud scream.
    Yifan looked over at his adorable son, sitting there with a large pout across his lips. “What, Lulu?”
    Luhan smiled at the nickname; he enjoyed Lulu a lot more than Luhan. “I wan kiss!”
    Yifan laughed before turning back to his still breathless husband. He pressed one more quick kiss to his lips before softly whispering in his ear. “We'll finish this later,” he smirked as he pulled away. Joonmyeon nodded mindlessly as Yifan helped him stand before they both walked towards the dining room table.
    “Alright,” Yifan called. “Who wants a kiss?” Both Luhan and Minseok let out loud squeals as their father lent down to press messy kisses across their faces. “Let's eat, yeah?” After everyone was settled, Joonmyeon began passing out that night's dinner. “My favorites,” Yifan smiled.
    “Of course,” Joonmyeon cooed. “Why wouldn’t I get your favorites if you were the one that wanted Chinese food?” Yifan shrugged before quickly moving to fill his plate. He instantly began munching on his plate of food, watching Luhan pout at his chicken.
    “What's wrong, Lulu? Don’t you want your chicken?”
    “No,” Luhan pouted. “Want that,” he said, pointing to Yifan's food.
    “You can have some, Lulu,” he answered, making the little boy smile.
    “No,” Joonmyeon butted in. “He's still growing, so he needs healthy food to grow.”
    “Come on, Joonie,” Yifan sighed. “He can have a little Chinese food every now and then.”
    “Yi,” Joonmyeon scowled.
    “Joon,” Yifan replied. “I'm gonna give him a little bit whether you want me to or not; you know me.” Joonmyeon's frown deepened as he watched Yifan put some heavily smothered-in-orange-sauce chicken on Luhan's small plate. Luhan squealed, poking the sticky and messy chicken as most children do. “Want some too, Minnie?” Minseok nodded and giggled when some chicken was placed on his plate.
    Yifan smiled as he watched his twins playing and then slowly eating the messy orange chicken before he turned back to his scowling husband. Joonmyeon glared daggers in his direction before grumbling out a response. “Just this one time, got it?”
    “Sure, boo,” Yifan cooed. “I think they like it,” he added, watching Luhan the sauce off his small fingers, and Minseok chewing his last little piece. “You like it, babies?”
    “Yes,” both boys chorused. “More?” Minseok asked to which Luhan nodded in agreement.
    Yifan glanced at Joonmyeon to see his resolve slowly crumbling. “Sure, you can have a little more,” Joonmyeon answered, taking the container and dishing out a bit more for the small children.
    Dinner passed by with relative normality, the boys eating and making a complete mess of themselves while he and his husband discussed their day. They took awhile and ate slowly before Joonmyeon moved to begin cleaning the boys and put dinner away. Yifan took the twins into their living room to play while his husband continued cleaning.
    An hour later and the small family was sprawled out in the room, across the floor. Yifan was playing cars with Minseok as Luhan was lying in his lap, looking up at his father while he cuddled his favorite pink blanket to his chest. Yifan smiled down at Luhan when he noticed him yawning and rubbing his eyes cutely.
    “Tired, Lulu?” he cooed. The mentioned child nodded, small hand still sleepily rubbing his eye. “What about you, Minnie? Are you sleepy too?” Minseok also nodded before a large yawn broke free from his small frame. “Let's get you boys off to bed, alright?” Both boys nodded and let their father carry them off into their room.
    He dressed Minseok in his yellow dinosaur footy-pajamas (after changing him) and brushed the small amount of brown hair back from his eyes before moving to press a few kisses to his round cheeks. “All ready for bed, Minnie?” Minseok nodded and giggled when Joonmyeon walked in. “Why don’t you go with mama while I get Lulu ready, hmm?”
    Joonmyeon reached out for the small boy, taking him into his arms and rocking him back and forward as he walked over to the twins' shared crib. “Alright, Lulu,” Yifan said, rubbing his hands together. “You're next.”
    He quickly did the same for Luhan except he put him in his favorite, fluffy pink onesie that had small “Hello Kitty” heads all over it. “Time for bed, Lulu,” he cooed to the quickly falling asleep baby. He placed Luhan next to Minseok after Joonmyeon had pressed a quick kiss against the boy's forehead.
    The two parents moved to the doorway and waited for a moment, watching their sons drift off into dreamland before Yifan shuffled them out. “Let's first what we started earlier,” he mumbled against the younger's ear after he had pushed him against their bedroom door. Joonmyeon nodded before allowing Yifan to show him just how much he had been missing him.


Author's Notes:

Hi~!

I got out the next chapter, and just to let you know this is how Yixing will enter the family. I wanted to let you guys know that this will most likely not go in any order; it's just that right now it is. I hope guys enjoyed! And did you see the lovely picture that is now the image for this fic? It's so cute, isn't it~? Also, I added a table of information for ages and stuff like that in the foreword if you need it.

Again, I hope you guys liked it!

~ Kay