Kyungsoo

Of Mama's Boys and Daddy's Boys

thumb.jpg   tumblr_n754b3EJgr1rtgg2wo1_1280.jpg

    “Do you think I could hold him now?” Yifan asked. He sat next to his husband, who was cradling a small baby close to his chest, with a bored expression across his face.
    “We already tired that,” Joonmyeon answered, not even glancing up at the elder. Yifan sighed, remembering how their new baby reacted to being in his arms.
    He sighed again before complaining in a whiny voice, “I don't understand why he hates me.”
    “He doesn't hate you.”
    “Yes, he does. I picked him up, and he started screaming at the top of his little lungs,” he sulked. “But then you held him, and he smiled and was quiet.”
    Joonmyeon chuckled softly, “I guess he's a mama's boy.” The small boy shuffled in his blankets a little, so Joonmyeon cuddled him closer to his chest before leaning down to press a quick kiss to his eyelid.
    Yifan scoffed, “I guess. So you finally got one.” Joonmyeon rolled his eyes at his husband's comment before simply ignoring him.
    Yifan continued to ramble on and on about how it wasn’t fair that this one hated him until Joonmyeon finally snapped. “Now you know how I felt all those times when the boys would wait for you and only want to play with you. So . It. Up. And besides, don't you have work to go to?”
    Yifan looked slightly shocked by his lovely husband's slight outburst, but when he mentioned work, he quickly moved into motion. “,” he muttered under his breath as he ran to find his keys, wallet, and tie. “I'm gonna be so late.”
     He stopped only once, pressing a hard and messy kiss to Joonmyeon's lips before throwing a quick “I love you” over his shoulder as he raced out of the hospital. “Idiot,” Joonmyeon mumbled under his breath, rubbing noses with the new baby in his arms. “Did he forget that he had today off?

    An hour later, a pissed Yifan stomped back into his husband's hospital room. Joonmyeon glanced up from a magazine a nurse had given him (his baby had to go off and get some tests done) when the heavy footsteps and a deep growled rang throughout his room. “Why didn’t you remind me I had today off?” he snapped.
    Joonmyeon shrugged, noticing how the elder was in a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black wife-beater instead of his messy suit from the previous day (their most recent baby was born extremely late at night, so Yifan didn’t even have time to change before they were off to the hospital). “You went home and changed?” he asked instead.
    Yifan scowled, “Yes, I had to change to go to work, but then I got a call from Jinki asking when they could come visit, and he reminded me that I had the day off.” He flopped down in the chair he had sat in before, still scowling and extremely angry.
    “Why didn’t you bring the kids?” Joonmyeon asked. “Or food?”
    “You really want our six kids in this one hospital room with you and a new baby?” he rolled his eyes. “The triplets would just whack him or something while the older three would just sit on me the whole time. And no, I didn’t bring you food.”
    “Why not?” pouted the younger. “You always bring me food after.”
    Yifan glared sharply at the sweet and sad tone his husband was pulling on him. “I didn’t really think you deserved food,” he snapped.
    Joonmyeon raised one dark eyebrow, “After I just pushed out your seventh kid?”
    The elder shrunk slightly. His reasoning was stupid up against Joonmyeon's, but that didn’t mean he would back down easily. “You made me run around trying to get ready for work which you remained of, when you knew I didn’t have to go in.”
    “Yifan,” Joonmyeon sighed, “you're acting like a five year-old.”
    “How?” he growled.
    “Did it occur to you that I might have forgotten too?” he snapped, even though the accusation was actually true.
    Yifan was silent for a minute, “Did you?” Joonmyeon sighed before looking away muttering a soft “no”. “So you did make me run around like a chicken without a head for no reason. Who's the five year-old now?”
    “I'm sorry,” Joonmyeon answered. His hormones were still going haywire, so for some odd reason, tears had built up in his eyes and were threatening to fall. “I didn't mean to,” he hiccuped. “It's just I was aggravated and grumpy.”
    Yifan sighed, quickly moving to take his husband's face in his hands. “What did I tell you about crying?” he said softly. He moved to press kisses to each of the younger's round cheeks before one to each of the corners of his eyes.
    “That I look ugly?” Joonmyeon hiccuped.
    “A) I have never once said that you look ugly, no matter what you were doing – even crying. B) No. I said that you can't cry because then I’ll cry too.” Joonmyeon smiled through his tears before tilting his head. Yifan got his unspoken message and quickly pressed his lips firmly against the younger's.
    Their lips slotted together perfectly, and the familiar warmth traveled through both of them. Joonmyeon's small arms wound around Yifan neck as the elder's hands moved to his longish blonde hair. The two continued kissing, the passion increasing as time passed, and they only pulled away when they heard a throat clearing. Yifan pulled back before turning his head in the direction of the room's door to see three nurses, two with hearts in their eyes and one with a stern expression – he assumed she was the one that interrupted them.
    Noticing she had at least one's attention, the stern appearing nurse addressed why they were there. “Those two,” she stabbed her thumb behind her at the two still dazed nurses, “are here to check your husband's condition post-birth while I stopped by to see if you would like your baby once again now that all his tests have been finished.”
    “Yes, please,” Yifan spoke, his tone gravelly - more than usual thanks to his make-out session with his husband. He watched the two nurses spoon and the other bite her lip before she nodded, pushed the other two in, and left to get their child. He smirked at the other two before speaking again, making sure his voice had that deep and rumbling effect it seemed so many women loved. “Please make sure you take good care of my husband, he's a bit dazed right now.”
    The two nurses quickly nodded, desperately trying to compose themselves as they walked closer to the younger of the two. “Boo,” Yifan called, patting Joonmyeon's hand softly. “These two lovely nurses are going to check your vitals while I go get you something to eat, okay?” Joonmyeon nodded mindlessly as the nurses blushed a deep shade of pink at his comment. Yifan smiled, pressed one last chaste kiss against the younger's lips before strutting out of the room.

    He came back not even fifteen minutes later: bag full of delicious western breakfast in one hand, and a tray containing one black coffee and one hot chocolate in the other. He entered the room to see one nurse (a new one) standing next to Joonmyeon, who was busy holding their newest son. “Boo,” he called, a large smile spreading across his lips. “I found this place that has really good western breakfast,” he said as he set the mentioned bag down in front of the other. “And, I got you a hot chocolate from that place you love so much.”
    Joonmyeon smiled as he was presented with his meal - Yifan really was too good to him. He sat munching his breakfast while their newborn was snuggled close to his chest; his husband pouting while he sat next to him. “Can I hold him?” Yifan whined again.
    “When I’m done eating, okay?” Joonmyeon answered. Yifan sighed before grumbling something about how unfair it was. “What do you mean unfair?” Joonmyeon snapped. “You have all these daddy's boys, but when I get one mama's boy all you do is complain.”
    Yifan squawked, “That's not why I’m complaining! I’m complaining because even though most of the boys may be daddy's boy, I still let you hold them.”
    Joonmyeon deflated slightly before mumbling, “But he cries when you hold him.”
    “Yeah, I know,” answered the elder. “But you being the only one holding him doesn’t make it any better.”
    “Yifan,” whined the younger, “he's only like a day old though.” Yifan pursed his lips at his husband's pouty face before sighing and leaning back in his chair.
    “Did they say when he could go home yet?” he asked, changing the subject.
    Joonmyeon smiled at his husband before pouting again. “Not for a little while,” he sighed, “I guess he's underweight, but healthy otherwise.”
    Yifan nodded, “Did they give us an estimate?”
    Joonmyeon shook his head, “Not really. Just said it depends on how much weight he gains and how fast.”
    “When can you come home?” Yifan asked after he nodded to the younger's statement.
    “Tonight,” Joonmyeon chirped. “Can the boys sleep with us?” Yifan nodded before smiling and reaching out to ruffle the other's soft, feathery locks.
    “So what are we going to name this little guy?” he asked, leaning back in his chair.
    “I thought I told you,” Joonmyeon trailed off. “I decided on Kyungsoo.”
    Yifan cocked one slightly bushy eyebrow, “Kyungsoo?”
    “Yup,” he chirped. “It means bright and flowering.”
    “And you say Lulu is girly,” Yifan muttered.
    “What did you say?”
    “Nothing!” Yifan laughed, smiling widely as he changed topics once again. “Do you want me to go pick up the boys and pick you up in a bit?” Joonmyeon nodded, chirping happily as his husband stood once more, kissed him, and left again.
    “Appa's funny, isn't he, Kyungie?” he cooed. The small boy looked up at his mother, large black eyes glistening as he smiled slightly before letting out a little, adorable giggle. “So cute!” he cooed, nuzzling his small, button nose.

    In only two weeks, Kyungsoo had gained the necessary two-point-one pounds and was in his brand new car seat, being driven home by his mother. “Are you excited to meet your brothers, Kyungie?” Joonmyeon asked the two-week-old.
    Of course the baby couldn’t actually answer, but Joonmyeon interpreted the gurgle as a “yes, umma”. He squealed loudly, “I cant wait for you to meet them all.” Kyungsoo let out another gurgle, and again the mother couldn't contain his happiness.
    The rest of the drive was spent like this, Joonmyeon squealing, smiling, and gushing while baby Kyungsoo let out small sounds that were easily interpreted by the overly excited mother. “We're here, Kyungie!” he called as he parked his SUV in the garage. “Let's get you inside.”
    In a matter of minutes, Joonmyeon was sitting on the living room floor, all six of his kids sitting around him while Kyungsoo was cuddled in his arms and Yifan was leaning against the couch. “What is that?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes increasing in size as he took in the small baby.
    “He's your baby brother,” Joonmyeon answered.
    “No, it's not,” Baekhyun denied.
    “And why not?” Joonmyeon pouted.
    “He looks like an alien,” Jongdae pointed out softly.
    “He does no-”
    “He does look like an alien!” Luhan squealed. “Look at how big his eyes are!”
    “Your brother is not an alien!” Joonmyeon scolded.
    “But his eyes, mama!” Minseok yelled. “They're like this big,” he exclaimed, throwing his arms out to the side until they smack both Luhan and Yixing.
    “Ow,” Yixing said softly before crawling over to Yifan. He simply smiled, picking the boy up and holding him in his arms tightly.
    “Love you, Xingie,” he cooed softly which the boy happily answered. Minseok shied away, mumbling a small “sorry” before turning to see Baekhyun poking the baby's cheek.
    “It's so weird,” he muttered, scrunching up his nose.
    “He's not weird,” Joonmyeon mumbled dejectedly.
    “Boo,” Yifan called, “You're arguing with an eleven-month old. You won't win.” Joonmyeon pouted again as he turned to see Chanyeol violently poking Kyungsoo's little cheeks.
    “Chanyeol,” he scolded, “Be careful. He's a baby, not a stuffed toy.” Chanyeol mumbled something before teetering over to Yifan's side as well.
    Joonmyeon sighed softly – he was too wound up from his newborn that he was losing his patience with the older boys too fast. A loud cry shocked everyone silent as they looked down to see a blushing Jongdae staring wide-eyed at baby Kyungsoo.
    “I didn’t mean to!” he cried, tears of his own spilling down his cheeks.
    “Jongdae, what did you do?!” Joonmyeon cried, desperately trying to quiet the screaming child.
    Jongdae sniffled loudly, crawling to hide behind Chanyeol. “He wasn’t paying attention to me, so I only meant to tap him, but I guess I hit too hard,” he mumbled softly.
    Yifan quickly spoke up before his stressed husband could. “Jongdae, you didn’t mean to right?” He asked in a soft voice, reaching out to pull him against his hip. Jongdae shook his head, so Yifan continued, “You need to be more careful, okay little orange?”
    “Okay, baba,” he sniffled before turning to his mother and new baby brother. “I'm sorry, umma and Kwungjoo.” Yifan laughed at the off pronunciation, causing a small smile to cross Joonmyeon's lips.
    “It's okay, Jongdae,” he answered softly. “Just be more careful with your brother.”
    Jongdae nodded, “I pwomise.”
    “Can I hold him, mama?” Yixing called quietly.
    Joonmyeon smiled – at least someone was excited for the new baby, “Sure, baby.” He moved closer before gently passing Kyungsoo over to their quietest son. “Be sure you hold his head,” he order softly.
    “Okay,” Yixing whispered, clutching his brother tightly against his skinny chest. The two parents looked on in happiness, watching their third oldest bond with the newest – and hopefully last – baby.
    A few minutes later, Jongdae had crawled into his mother's arms (just to make sure he really was forgiven) and the others were sprawled about. Baekhyun had come to settle next to Yixing, gently poking Kyungsoo occasionally.
    Randomly, Yixing handed Kyungsoo over to Baekhyun, who quickly scowled and held him out to his mother. “I don’t want him anymore,” he clarified softly. “He smells gross.”
    Joonmyeon glanced confusingly down at the baby, who was squirming slightly before the smell hit him. His face pulled into a horrible grimace before he held Kyungsoo at arms length – still supported but away from his body. “I see your point, Yixing,” he mumbled before walking off to go change the newborn's disgusting diaper.


Author's Notes:

Hi, everyone~!

I'm sorry this chapter is so late! I've been kinda busy (I got a kitten~), and then I wrote like half of this chapter before moving to work on the chapter where Yifan and Joonmyeon meet all of the boys' boyfriends.... Opps! I know this chapter is short, and I don't really think it's that good, but I thought something was better than nothing!

Another thing.... I was wondering if you guys wanted to have a guess at some of the boyfriends for the future~! I don't think you guys will get all of them simply because some are just weird, but I think they would work in some way. Here's the list:

2 from VIXX

2 from GOT7

1 from MBLAQ

1 from BTL (Beyond The Limit)

1 from BAP

1 from SHINee

1 from BLOCK B

1 from SuJu

Have fun and love you!

~ Kay