Bathtime

Of Mama's Boys and Daddy's Boys

rubber_ducky_s.jpg

    The loud sounds of high giggles reverberated throughout the large tiled room. Joonmyeon sighed, moving to massage his pounding temples before he entered his master en suite. “Mama!” shouted a happy, extremely excited voice.
    Joonmyeon smiled as he looked over at his adorable, puppy-looking son. “Baekhyun, why don’t you have clothes on?”
    Baekhyun giggled, his small hands moving to cover his lower reign. “Because,” he smiled, giggles already passing through his lips again.
    “Because why?” Joonmyeon asked, smiling at the adorable boy.
    “Wanna bath!” he yelled, throwing his hands up behind his head. “But Jongie and Channie too,” he added, twisting his arms and body around in circles.
    “Okay,” Joonmyeon sighed softly. “Let me start the water.”
    “I get Jongie and Channie!” Baekhyun yelled, stumbling out of the large bathroom.
    “Baekhyun, wait!” Joonmyeon called, but he stopped when he twisted his back funny. Dammit, he growled mentally. If I wasn’t pregnant again, I could actually catch him. And why did he learn to walk so fast? None of the others did. Joonmyeon sighed before moving to waddle his way after the too energetic and too boy; he left the water running too.
    He followed the sounds of loud yells and giggles to the triplets' room. “Thank god we moved,” he sighed. Their family was growing too rapidly, so they had no choice but to change their living arrangements. Yifan had been forced to explain to his boss that he would need a little time off to look for a new house for his large family. The man had happily given his favorite employee two weeks off with full pay (something he had never given to anyone before) and had even offered him the name of his realtor.
    Somehow, it didn’t take too long to find a house since the two adults weren't too picky (“It has to have at least seven bedrooms, a large kitchen, a massive yard, three bathrooms – full, and plenty of room for our growing family.”). Yeah, not too needy for the urban city of Seoul (note the sarcasm). Yet they still managed to find an amazing home in less than three weeks.
    They had to move out of the center of the city though, down to the edge of the Han River. Joonmyeon was a bit sad with this, yet he instantly fell in love with the new area now lived in. Yifan was happy with the move, also loving this side of their massive super city, but his commute to work increased which took more of his time away from home. But, after a little more than eight months in their new home (they started looking right after they brought the triplets home pretty much, which was nine months ago), the family had settled into their new environment fabulously.
    “Baekhyun,” Joonmyeon called when he entered the triplets' bedroom. He stopped short when he saw Baekhyun's high in the air as he and Chanyeol tried to wrestle their smaller brother out of his clothes.
    “Off!” yelled Baekhyun as he grabbed Jongdae's orange shorts.
    “No!” Jongdae yelled, kicking his small feet.
    “Yes!” the half- Chanyeol yelled back (his shirt was laying off by their toy box).
    “Boys!” Joonmyeon shouted over the chaos ensuing on the soft, carpeted floor. The three turned to see their mother standing there with his hands on his slim hips, staring down at them. “Baekhyun, go back to the bathroom for your bath. Chanyeol, please get off Jongdae, and Jongdae, do you want to come take a bath too?”
    “Yes!” he smiled.
    “Then why fight?” Chanyeol asked.
    “Because,” Jongdae answered, sticking out his small pink tongue, “I wanna!” Joonmyeon shook his head as the other two boys moved after their brother: Chanyeol crawling, and Jongdae stumbling on wobbly legs.
    He followed after the three boys until they reached his bathroom once again. He then practically ran to the tub, swearing softly when he saw how high the water was. He had thrown some of the bubble bath into the water before he had been forced to chase after his son, but now the pile of bubbles was a near half meter above the tub.
    “Babies, take your clothes off while umma takes some of the water and bubbles out.”
    “Bubbles!” Baekhyun yelled.
    “Yay! Keep them!” Jongdae chirped loudly.
    “Alright,” he mumbled. After he heard the small chorus behind him, he focused on the amount of water while trying to keep the bubbles alive. Pulling the drain, Joonmyeon waited for the level to return to what would be considered half way up their small torsos until he replaced it. There was small tug on his pants after this, “Yes, baby?”
    “Help,” Jongdae's small voice called. Joonmyeon turned to see him with one leg stuck in his shorts and the opposite leg missing his diaper strap.
    “What did you do, Jongdae?” he chuckled softly. He squatted down then moved to pull the one leg out of the small neon orange shorts before unstrapping his diaper. He gently patted the small boy's bottom, making him giggle loudly. “Ready to get in?”
    “Yes!” Jongdae yelled, small hands reaching for his mother. Joonmyeon picked him up gently, holding the boy close to his chest before he tried to stand up with his oddly large bump. It took him a few attempts, but he finally stood and shuffled closer to the tub.
    He pressed a small kiss to Jongdae's soft cheek before placing him in the water. “Temperature good, Jongdae?” The boy nodded as he moved to gently hit the water. “Baekhyun, ready?” Joonmyeon asked as he turned around to see a Baekhyun wrapped around an almost equally Chanyeol.
    “Yes!” he squeaked, unwrapping himself from Chanyeol to move to his mother. Joonmyeon quickly placed him in the water as well before turning to get Chanyeol.
    “Do you need help with your diaper, Chanyeol?” The mentioned boy nodded, so the mother picked up his youngest (at least for a few more weeks), setting him on the edge before unstrapping the diaper and adding him to the tub.
    “Umma! Duckies!” Baekhyun yelled, wanting to add his usual toy to the bath. Joonmyeon mentally slapped his forehead before turning to get the bucket of small rubber toys on the shelf.
    “I'm sorry, babies. Umma forgot,” he cooed. He dumped the small toys into the warm water. He then noticed that there wasn’t enough water for all three boys since the bubbles had hindered his sight. “Sorry, but umma has to add some more water.”
    “Okay,” chorused the three boys. The water rose a  bit, but with it came with an even larger amount of bubbles, and Joonmyeon quickly turned off the tap as this occurred. “Bubbles!” Chanyeol squealed in his high octave voice, and his older brothers also made loud sounds of agreement.
    Joonmyeon smiled at his triplets as they played in the sudsy water. “Umma?” a different voice called. The mother turned to see his eldest son standing in the doorway, his own slightly younger partner behind him.
    “Yes, Minseok?” Minseok blushed a bright shade of red before he mumbled his question. “What was that, baby?” Joonmyeon asked.
    “He wants to know if we can join the triplets,” Luhan spoke up.
    “Lulu!” Minseok whined, turning around to complain to his younger brother. “Why'd you say it? It's so embarrassing.”
    As Minseok continued to whine to his younger twin, Joonmyeon turned to the triplets. “Do you mind if you're older brothers join you?”
    “No,” Baekhyun answered.
    “No what?” Joonmyeon asked, scratching the back of his head. “No they can't join or no you don’t mind?”
    Jongdae held up two fingers before letting a large smile cross his lip, “We no mind.”
    “Okay,” Joonmyeon smiled back at him, reaching to pat the top of his head. “Your brothers said you can get in,” he called to his arguing almost-three year olds.
    “Really?” Luhan asked, hands clasping together as what seemed like sparkles shined in his eyes. Joonmyeon nodded and that was all Luhan needed before he rushed into the bathroom and stripped off his clothes. “Yes!” he squealed as he stood next to his mother, clad in nothing but his hot pink underwear that Yifan had bought him.
    He was already trying to get in the tub when Joonmyeon stopped him. “Luhan?” he called. “Did you forget something?”
    Luhan turned to look at his mother, confusion written cleanly across his face, but before he could question it, his twin spoke up. “Lulu, you still have your underwear on.” Luhan's face heated up to a pretty shade of pink as he shyly moved to slide his underwear down his narrow hips.
    The triplets were laughing at the silliness of their hyung before Luhan had quickly jumped in, causing some water to splash out the side. “Luhan, be more careful next time,” Joonmyeon light scolded as he moved to get a towel for the floor.
    “Sorry,” he mumbled from his spot in the large tub.
    “Lulu-hyung,” the boy called. His small hands reached out, and Luhan gladly took his favorite little brother into his arms. Baekhyun cuddled against the small chest of his older brother as the two moved and splashed the water around them – lightly.
    Minseok was still standing next to his mother, small hands holding the edge of his bright camouflage underwear. “Minnie-hyung!” Chanyeol called, abnormally long fingers reaching out for his favorite hyung. Minseok smiled before quickly shoving his underwear down and entering the tub. He took Chanyeol into his arms, and the two continued to play with the small rubber cars, leaving the smallest triplet alone.
    “Jongdae, do you want to play with umma?” Joonmyeon called.
    “Okay,” he smiled. Joonmyeon had to take a minute before he moved to take the hem of his shirt in his hands.
    “I'll go in, mama, so you don't have to worry about getting up,” a small voice called from the doorway.
    “Huh?” Joonmyeon called, turning his head to see the thin frame of his third eldest, who's bangs were covering his eyes. Turning around though probably wasn't a good idea, or it was a great one depending on who you asked, because right after, a massive amount of water hit Joonmyeon right in the face.
    Joonmyeon turned to see Baekhyun and Luhan looking at him with wide eyes. “I'm sor-” They both stopped when their mother held up a hand.
    “It's fine, babies,” he sighed. “It's just water.” Joonmyeon turned to see Yixing still in the doorway, “That'd be amazing, Yixing.” Yixing nodded, walking over before slipping his massive shirt (it was actually Yifan's, but he let Yixing keep it for when he wasn't around) off along with his underwear.
    He stepped into the water, and Jongdae was quick to latch onto him. “Hyung,” he cooed, smiling up at his favorite. Yixing smiled back before moving to press a kiss to the top of the smaller's head. Jongdae was his favorite of all the triplets too; mostly because he was the quietest and smallest but also since he was cuddly.
    Joonmyeon smiled as the boys continued to play in the water until Chanyeol splash some water on Baekhyun, who splashed back causing a massive water fight which spilled onto the floor.
    “Boys!” Joonmyeon called over the loud yells, shrieks, and giggles of the children as they threw toys, bubbles, and water at each other. “Boys, be careful!”
    The boys were too loud to hear their mother's calls. Baekhyun was busy splashing soapy water on Chanyeol, who was busy splashing Jongdae. Jongdae was throwing bubbles at Luhan, who was throwing rubber toys (ducks, cars, trains, etc.) at Minseok, who was gently throwing water on Yixing. Yixing was even different than normal, wanting to play as a massive smile spread across his lips. He scooped up some water and dumped it on Baekhyun's head.
    The boys were squealing loudly, and Joonmyeon had to grab his head with his hands. His headache from before was coming back a thousand times worse. “So that's where everyone is!” a deep, baritone yelled over the chaos.
    “Baba!” “Daddy!” yelled the loud tub filled with children. They all tried to get up at once, but Yifan held up a hand and stopped them.
    “Looks like you boys are having fun, please continue,” he smiled as he looked around. The floor was covered in water, bubbles sticking to the tiles, mats, and towels that Joonmyeon had tried to use to soak up the mess. Some rubber toys laid outside the tub as well along with all the scattered, colorful clothing. His eyes fell on his husband, who was sitting on the small stool next to the tub, completely drenched in water.
    His long legs carried him to the other, bending until he was crouching next to him. “Hi, boo,” he whispered, taking the younger's hands in his and bringing them up to kiss each of his knuckles. Joonmyeon blushed before answering with a soft “hello”.
    “Baba!” Baekhyun yelled. “Join!”
    “You want me to join you guys?” Yifan teased. All six boys either nodded or yelled; they all wanted to spend some much needed time with their father. “I will if mama will,” he smirked.
    Joonmyeon glared up at his husband, who was leaving to remove most of his suit in their bedroom (he already knew that Joonmyeon would give in). “Umma, please,” Jongdae asked, clasping his hands together as he looked up at his mother.
    “Please,” the rest of the boys begged, all giving Joonmyeon their best puppy dog eyes.
    Joonmyeon sighed as his husband walked back in the bathroom, clad in his boxers, a wife-beater, and his usual gray socks. “Well, I’m already soaked, so why not?” he shrugged. The boys yelled, and Yifan smiled as his husband began removing his wet clothing.
    “Umma,” Chanyeol called as he watched his father help his mother into the tub. “Why round?” he asked, moving closer to poke his large stomach.
    “Your little brother is growing in mama's tummy, Channie,” Yifan cooed as he pulled off his socks (he was now otherwise) before stepping in.
    “You ate him?!” Baekhyun screamed, horror written across his face. All the other boys gave their parents shocked expressions as Yifan threw his head back and laughed.
    No! Of course not!” Joonmyeon yelled. “I love your little brother,” he added, moving to run a hand along the curve of his stomach.
    “Then-then why did you eat h-him?” Minseok asked, unshed tears welling up in his eyes.
    “I didn't eat him!” Joonmyeon pouted.
    “Boys,” Yifan called. “Mama didn't eat the baby, there's just a special area in mama's body where the baby grows, and that an area in mama's tummy.” The boys looked up at their father, confusion clouding their small faces , but they seemed to except it since their lovely father told them. “Now, hugs and kisses?” he asked, to which all six boys jumped on him.
    He held them all and covered every single one of their adorable faces with kisses before he moved to the next. Yixing was last, and even after his amount of love, he clung to his father's right arm. Yifan simply smiled, ruffling Yixing now soaking hair as he played with the others.
    Joonmyeon smiled, watching his family with loving eyes. He pulled Chanyeol to his chest (he was the only one that wasn't one-hundred percent a daddy's boy) and played with him for awhile as the others all continued to play with the water, splashing the rapidly cooling liquid.
    Baekhyun threw water at his father, who was happily leaning against the side of the tub, chatting with his husband. He laughed when sudsy water hit in his face before he took a massive scoop with his large hands and dumped it on the small boy's head. Baekhyun giggled, especially when he felt those same hands wrapping around him and bringing him to his father again.
    “You little cutie,” he smiled, pressing more kisses against the adorable puppy's cheeks. Baekhyun giggled louder as he wrapped his short arms around his father's neck.
    “I love you, daddy,” he mumbled softly, eyes slightly drooping close.
    “I love you too, my little bacon.”
    “Baba! I love you too!” Luhan yelled, coming closer to hug Baekhyun to his body as Yifan placed him in his arms.
    “I love you too, Lulu,” he answered, smiling.
    “What about me, daddy?” Jongdae called.
    “I love you too, orange. And Channie, I love you. Minnie, I love you. I love you too, XingXing,” he cooed to his babies.
    A chorus of “I love you's” filled the air, and the parents watched as their children slowly began to fall asleep in the water. “Did you boys tired yourselves out, playing in the water?” Joonmyeon called. All six boys nodded slowly as they moved to lean against either of their parents.
    “Why don't we get you prunes out of the water and get you in bed?” Yifan suggested, moving the boys so that he could climb out. He walked over and grabbed a towel to wrap around his waist before grabbing seven more. The boys looked up at him, moving to get out of the tub. “Let me help mama first then I’ll dry you guys off, okay?” They all nodded as they watched their father clasping their mother's hands and helping to hoist him up.
    After Yifan wrapped a large, fluffy, white towel around his husband's shoulders, he smiled and turned to his sons, “Alright, get your little pruned butts out.”
    Minseok, Luhan, and Yixing climbed out first, all getting wrapped in fluffy towels before their father moved to help out the little nine-month olds. With the entire family now wrapped in fluffy clothes, they all walked out into the parent's bedroom.
    “Why don't you boys sleep in mama and my bed while we make dinner?” Yifan asked his sleepy children. They all nodded as they shuffled to said object. “Can you dry them off while I get them some clothes?” he whispered to Joonmyeon, who nodded quietly.
    He quickly went to each room, grabbing diapers, underwear, shorts, and tee-shirts. He walked back into his room to see all six boys sitting, , on his bed along with his husband, who now had boxers and one of Yifan's shirts on. He dropped the clothing on the bed and moved to help Joonmyeon dress the boys.
    Once everyone was dressed (including himself), Yifan pulled back the blankets to allow all six boys to crawl under. He turned to see his husband nodding off slightly, “Boo, why don’t you rest with them too?”
    He shook his head, “No, it's okay. I’m fine.”
    “Boo,” he sighed, “I can make dinner for everyone tonight. Don’t worry. You're tired, and we don’t want you to have too much stress, remember?” Joonmyeon cringed at the thought, remembering what happened last time.
    “Okay, I’ll watch the boys.” Yifan smiled, moving to kiss his husband's lips softly before pressing one last kiss on each of his babies heads. “Sleep for a bit now,” he smiled, “Baba will make dinner tonight.” The sleepy boys nodded with heavy lids as they all cuddled together with their mother in the center of the massive bed.
    “Baba,” Luhan called quietly.
    Yifan turned to the small boy, “Yes, Lulu?”
    “Are you sure mama didn't eat our baby brother?”


Author's Notes:

Hey~!

I got out another chapter! I think this one is a bit cuter than the rest, but that's just my opinion. I really enjoyed writing this chapter since I got to focus on the crazy, excited triplets which is what I think everyone expects of them. Alright, I'm off to go write about Kyungsoo~.

Hope you all enjoyed!

P.S. Thank you lunanueva95s for reminding me that my years were messed up. Whoops~. That was a mistake I made really late at night, so thank you for pointing that out.

Also, Kyung_Minhwa I'm glad you're alright with Onho because I got good ideas for later chapters with the other SHINee boys. You'll understand better when these boys are teenagers.

And, I want you guys to know that you can always suggest different chapter ideas too. I might not get to all of them (at least not right away), but I might be able to add some of them to this.

Love you guys,

~ Kay