Chapter 1

Beauty's Daughter

Himchan ignored the flashing lights, clearing his mind like he always did. He shifted his body, moving his arms and his head. Sometimes he smiled. Sometimes he didn't. A few times he smirked. All for the show
"That's the last frame. Thank you."
Himchan flashed a genuine smile this time. "Thank you." he replied to the photographer.
He stepped off the stage and instantly noticed how much cooler it was now that he wasn't standing under the hot lights. As he passed the various staff, he politely thanked them as well while brushing off their comments of how amazing he looked in the pictures. Of course he knew how well he looked though. Why else would he be one of the highest paid models in the country?
He walked into the dressing room, greeting the hair and makeup artists, before heading over to the small changing room. He stripped off the clothes for the photo shoot and put on his own clothes. Once finished, he went back to the dressing room and over to the mirror. He fixed the collar on his button-up shirt and made sure everything else was perfect. Neat and orderly.
"Someone having a date tonight?" the hair dresser asked as she packed her stuff.
Himchan smiled at the thought. "Yes and if I'm late again, she's going to give me an earful."
She laughed before shooing him out the door. "Well don't keep a lady waiting."
He chuckled and said his goodbyes. As he headed for the exit, he waved at the other staff who were already almost finished packing up. Then he was in the parking lot and quickly went to his car. He had reservations at one of the fanciest restaurants in the city and if he hurried, he just might make it on time.

He pulled in to the valet parking and checked his hair in the mirror real fast. Then he got out of the car and took the number from the valet driver.
Once inside the restaurant, he noticed the maître d' eyeing him with a tiny smile. A small smile formed on his face as well, easily guessing as to why she was observing him.
"Good evening sir." she said while batting her eyelashes as he approached the booth.
"Evening." he replied. "Reservation for Kim Himchan."
Subconsciously, her tongue came out of to her bottom lip as her gaze traveled down him. Then she was looking fully down at the reservation book before her. "Here we are." she said and looked back up at him. "Your other party has already arrived." Grabbing a menu, she stepped around the booth and indicated with her head. "Follow me please."
Himchan followed behind her as instructed which gave him full view of the extra sway she put in her hips as she walked. He forced himself not to chuckle in case he was over heard. Then as they approached the table, he noticed how her step faltered.
"Hey honey." he greeted the woman sitting at his table. "Sorry for being late."
"Only a minute late this time so you're forgiven." Yunseo stated.
He leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Which makes you the best girlfriend ever." Then he straightened and faced the maître d' again. "Thank you." he politely told her as he took the menu from her.
"Of course." she said with an obviously forced smile before walking away.
Himchan took his seat and opened the menu. "Have you already decided on something?"
"Yes and I also took the liberty to order the wine." she informed him.
The waiter had perfect timing, stepping up to the table with the said bottle of wine at that moment. He flashed the two of them the wine label before opening it and pouring it in their glasses. "Are you ready to order?"
Yunseo gave her order while Himchan perused the menu quickly. Then he ordered the first thing that sounded appealing.
"Excellent choice." the waiter commented and grabbed their menus.
Alone now, Himchan kept his gaze on the woman in front of him.
"What?" she questioned and took a sip of her wine.
"Can't I admire my beautiful girlfriend?" he countered.
She eyed him suspiciously. "Flattery will get you nowhere."
He couldn't help but smirk. "Yet we both know the truth and where it leads."
The hint of a blush on her face as she glanced down told him that she knew exactly what he meant. He leaned back in his chair as he grabbed his own glass of wine. Tenderly sipping it, he stared intently at her while giving her a knowing smirk.

He took her back to his apartment and as soon as they were in his bedroom, there was a flurry of clothes being thrown around the room. Pushing her down on to his king size bed, he let himself admire the full beauty of her body before climbing on top of her. When they were both fully satisfied, he draped his blanket over the both of them and cradled her in his arms.
"And that is what flattery gets me." he breathlessly clarified. Then he laughed as he felt her smack his chest. Still, he lightly gripped her chin and had her look at him. "I really do find you beautiful though."
"Oh really now?" she playfully questioned. "The most beautiful in the world?"
He hummed as he thought. "Well... There are a lot of women in the world."
She smacked him again.
Laughing once more, he pushed her on to her back and hovered over her. "But none of them mean anything to me." he told her. "Just you. You're important."
She sighed and shook her head a bit. "Flattery will get you nowhere."
Smirking, he leaned down to kiss her. "We'll see about that."