Intermission: Cheesy Holiday Romance (Kaibaek ft. Krisho)

The Same Engagement Ring

Intermission: Cheesy Holiday Romance (Kaibaek)

Featuring Krisho

 

AN:Because who doesn’t like a little bit of Kaibaek and Krisho, eh? And fluff to distract from the angst ;)

Also, in honor of 100 subscribers ^^ Thank you guys so much!

Takes place in the previous December (obviously before Jongin died)

Uhh...rated T. Due to a lot of...suggestive things.

 


 

Baekhyunnie were comin at 5, n were bringin food :)))))

 

Baekhyun sighed affectionately and typed back a message. Attempted to, anyways. It was kind of hard with Jongin literally breathing down his neck.

 

 

He tried sitting down on a couch. No use; Jongin simply followed him, creeping from the back of the sofa.

 

“Jonginnie, get your mouth off of my neck, please. I’m sure Joonmyeon will have a heart attack seeing this.”

 

“Joonmyeon?” Jongin was instantly at attention. “Whaaat?”

 

“He and Kris are coming at five.”

 

“Nooo,” Jongin whined. “I thought this was supposed to be an ‘alone’ night, with you and me and a cheesy romance movie. And wine. Lots of-”

 

“There will be no wine,” Baekhyun began dryly, “because Joonmyeon is allergic to grapes. Besides, we have work tomorrow.”

 

Jongin groaned, crawling to the front of the couch and laying his head on Baekhyun’s lap. “I hate my cousin.”

 

“We could play a cheesy romance, though,” Baekhyun offered. “I think Kris would appreciate it.”

 

“No, I don’t want to see my cousin making out with his awkwardly tall boyfriend. Not on our couch,” Jongin grumbled. “Why do you call him Kris anyways?”

 

“Because he told us to call him Kris?”

 

“He told you to call him Kris,” Jongin pointed out, “because you couldn’t pronounce ‘Yifan’. But I don’t get why the idiot had to use ‘Kris’ as a backup.”

 

“Kris is a perfectly nice name!” his boyfriend protested. “And Kris himself is a perfectly nice person. Just a bit...eccentric.”

 

“A bit?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “Your cousin likes him.”

 

“My cousin is equally weird.”

 

“Play nice, Jongin.”

 


 

“Play nice with Jongin, Myeonnie,” a deep voice rumbled, and Joonmyeon sighed.

 

“I try. But he offered me wine last winter! He knows I can’t have wine. He tried to murder me!”

 

Kris chuckled, a sound that was probably created to calm down whining, pissed off boyfriends.

 

“I’ll admit that sometimes, Jongin can be a little off his rocker, and his boyfriend is a bit stuck-up. But then again, not everyone can be as perfect as you, baobei.”

 

Joonmyeon blushed. “You sound like a cheesy romance movie, I swear.”

 

“I know.” Kris sent him a lazy wink, and Joonmyeon groaned.

 

“I don’t know how I’m going to endure not kissing you for the whole night.”

 

“Then don’t endure it.”

 

“But Yifan, I don’t wanna give Jongin and Baek any crazy ideas.”

 

“Who said we had to do anything in front of them?”

 

“But- ohhh.” And with that, Joonmyeon pounced on Kris, giggling like a kid.

 


 

“What are you cooking?” Baekhyun tilted his head, trying to catch a peek.

 

“Nothing,” Jongin said, shielding the contents of the tray with his body.

 

“Is it really? Because if you put nothing on our table tonight, I might just have to-”

 

“Okay, okay!” Jongin raised his unoccupied hand in a gesture of surrender. “It’s like, turkey or something.”

 

“Mm-hmm. Well, I’m going to shower, and if you don’t finish preparing your ‘like, turkey or something’ before I’m done, you’re going to get, like, a slap or something.”

 

“Okay, okay, eesh.”

 

The doorbell rang.

 

“Nuuuu,” Jongin and Baek cried out in unison.

 

“My turkey!”

 

“My shower!”

 

 


 

“My hair,” groaned Joonmyeon, patting down his ruffled-up curls.

 

“Is very cute,” Kris finished for him, sending him another sly wink.

 

“My face is red, isn’t it,” Joonmyeon sighed flatly after a few moments.

 

Kris shrugged. “Now you don’t have to waste money on blush. You have real blush.”

 


 

Jongiiin! Where’s my blush?”

 

“Right here.” Jongin pecked Baekhyun on the cheek and darted mischievously away to the door.

 

 


 

The door creaked open.

 

Pauuuuse and-

 

No, there was just a long, awkward pause hanging in the air.

 

“Um-” Baekhyun began.

 

“Hi,” Kris blurted out anxiously, completely different than the person he’d been moments before.

 

Joonmyeon’s eyes inspected Jongin judgingly.

 

Meat in his hair. Is that a cranberry? That’s definitely a cranberry.

 

Meanwhile, his cousin was doing the same thing.

 

Eww he curled his hair. And he dyed it. Red. Which also happens to be the colour of the...ahem… marks… on his neck. Ewwww Yifan.

 

“...Come in,” Baekhyun coughed uncomfortably, and immediately Kris’s face broke into a grin.

 

“Thanks for inviting us!”

 

“No, thanks for inviting yourself,” Jongin muttered under his breath, and Baekhyun gave him a dirty look. Luckily, Kris and Joonmyeon were too busy giggling at each other and taking each other’s coats off.

 

Eww. It was like unicorns carrying month-old kittens. As they gave their gifts to Baekhyun, accidentally bumping into each other and laughing, Jongin had to look away so that he wouldn’t barf rainbows.

 

“Well, dinner’s almost ready,” Baekhyun told them brightly. “Just head into the kitchen when you’re done.”

 

 


 

“What is that?” Joonmyeon whispered anxiously.

 

While Jongin and Baekhyun were cooking some dishes in the kitchen, the slightly older couple was currently seated in the dining room, staring at a strange lump of meat that currently took up a fourth of the table surface.

 

“I think it’s, like, turkey or something,” Kris whispered back, shuddering slightly.

 

“Eww.”

 

“Aww, Myeonnie, don’t be mean. I’m sure it’s,” Kris gulped, “delicious.”

 

“Is that supposed to be-”

 

“Shh, sweetie; they’ll be back any second.”

 

“Hello!” Baekhyun chirped, whirling into the kitchen with a plate of what looked like meat.

 

“Oh, um, that looks wonderful. What is it?”

 

“Chicken livers!”

 

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” Joonmyeon muttered hurriedly as Kris choked back a laugh.

 

 


 

During dinner, Kris and Baekhyun had managed to strike up an innocent, sweet conversation, leaving the cousins to scowl at each other.

 

“So...how’s your mother?” Joonmyeon began awkwardly.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Your brother?”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Your job?”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Jongin his lips. “Hella fine.”

 

“Ewww,” groaned his cousin, “I did not need to know that.”

 

Jongin shrugged and kept eating the turkey.

 

“Eugh. I think I’ve lost my appetite,” Joonmyeon grumbled under his breath.

 

“Come on, Joonie, try it,” Jongin leered. “It tastes great. Besides, you wouldn’t want to disappoint Baekhyun, would you? Look at that innocent face.”

 

“I’d rather punch your ‘innocent face’.”

 

 


 

“Oh my gosh I’m so emotional right now,” Joonmyeon sobbed.

 

“Myeonnie, it’s just a movie. It came out like a year ago. Just-”

 

“Just let it go,” Jongin finished for Kris, smirking in anticipation.

 

Joonmyeon began bawling harder and Kris patted his head, beginning to soothe him.

 

“That wasn’t very nice of you,” Baekhyun frowned.

 

“It takes a long time for Kris to calm Joon down,” Jongin stated nonchalantly. “And they might even want to leave.”

 

“Exactly!” his boyfriend exclaimed, frustrated.

 

“Which means we have a lot of, umm… time.”

 

“...Ohhh.”

 

“Eyyy?” Jongin wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“No.”

 

“Aww.”

 

 


 

“Bye,” Baekhyun called after the guests as they bustled to their car. Turning to Jongin, he gave him an anxious look.

 

“Do you think they were upset? I mean, they seemed really hurried…”

 

Jongin leered out the window. “Sweetie, can you do me a favour and check on the driveway every five minutes?”

 

“Uhh… okay.” Baekhyun gave him a curious look, but did it anyways.

 

Jongin made his way into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water, smirking into the brim.

 

Joonmyeon, you fox. Poor, innocent-ish Kris…

 

He went to go take a shower, revelling in Baekhyun’s growing confusion. This would take a while.

 

“Jonginnie, their car’s been there for half an hour! Maybe their GPS is broken?”

 

“It’s okay,” Jongin’s voice rumbled as he took a step out of the bathroom, towel still draped around him, and Baekhyun’s eyes fixated on Jongin’s chest. And abs.

 

Woah.

 

“We can finally have some alone time, ehh?”

 

“You were such a jerk to your cousin, though,” Baekhyun whined, wondering if he should still be good towards him after such rude behaviour.

 

“It wasn’t on purpose,” Jongin sighed lowly, turning on all of his charm. “Baekhyun, don’t you want to spend time with me? Don’t you love me anymore?”

 

“W-what a ridiculous question,” Baekhyun stuttered, recognizing the change in Jongin’s tone. “Don’t you try and guilt trip me, you little-”

 

“Baekhyun, my sweetheart,” Jongin cooed. “My dearest, it’s rare that we have work off together. And it’s the holidays! Can’t I treat you like a princess?”

 

“I’m not a princess!” Baekhyun uttered nervously, feeling his self-control crumble.

 

“Whatever you are, you’re mine,” his companion murmured. “And you’re still just as precious as a princess to me.”

 

That was it. That damn word! Precious. Dammit. Baekhyun pounced into Jongin’s arms, revelling in the scent of Jongin’s fragrant body wash.

 

“You’re too cute,” the taller man chuckled, sitting down on the couch and scooping Baekhyun up in his arms.

 

They stayed like that for at least half an hour, nearly falling asleep in each other’s arms before Baekhyun blinked his sleepy eyes open.

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“You’re not wearing any clothes.”

 

“Aww. Does it matter?”

 

“Yes! You’re going to catch a cold.”

 

“Ugh. Wait.” Jongin tossed away his towel before grabbing a blanket, covering both of them with it. Baekhyun yawned and snuggled into the blankets and closer to his boyfriend, causing a fond smile to play on Jongin’s lips.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Happy holidays.”

 

“You too, Jongin.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Oh, this is so cheesy.” Baekhyun hid his blush in Jongin’s chest. “...I love you too.”

 

“Forever and always, right?”

 

“Forever and always and beyond.” Baekhyun gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek.

 

Satisfied, Jongin wrapped his arms protectively around Baekhyun and fell asleep.



 


Krisho in this chapter: http://twicsy.com/i/RDKybd

Kaibaek in this chapter: http://data2.whicdn.com/images/41645413/thumb.png

Translations:

baobei: precious in Mandarin

 

I was going to include a depressing scene of Jongin in heaven, but… holiday spirit. ;)

But I guess this is already depressing, since Jonginnie’s dead...

Anyways, enjoy your holiday break while it lasts! Have a great Hanukkah/Christmas/Winter Solstice Festival/Kwanzaa/whatever you celebrate, and a happy new year!

 

Love,

RiverFawn