Ch.4

Something More Than Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun hated English, it was his worst class ever and if it hadn’t been for Key he would probably be failing right now.

“Find a partner and for the rest of the class period have a conversation in English,” Their teacher said, speaking in English. The class looked at her with blank expressions until she sighed and repeated that in Korean. Jonghyun and Key partnered up, as always, and went to sit at Key’s desk in the corner of the room.  Since they were in the back of the room, and there were several students surrounding them, loudly speaking in English, the duo quietly spoke in Korean.

“So I invited Sekyung to eat lunch with us today, I want you and Taemin to meet her since Onew and Minho already have,” Jonghyun told Key. Key shrugged and looked out the window.

“Oh, “ He replied. Don’t be jealous, Key! Jonghyun said that she only saw him as a friend. And besides, he said he loved you!

“You’ll like her, Sekyung is really sweet and caring,” Jonghyun continued. Key looked at him and smiled, deciding that he should make an effort and be nice to this girl. Jonghyun was his, there’s no competition anymore!

“You seem really fond of her. I can’t wait to meet her,” Key said, lying slightly. Okay, maybe I’m still a little jealous…I don’t want anyone else to be in our group.

“I really like Sekyung,” Jonghyun replied softly, with this serene look in his eyes.

The bell rang and the two of them went their separate ways to their next classes. Jonghyun was off to math with Onew and Sekyung, and Key was headed to art class with Minho. He walked to class in silence, thinking about the look Jonghyun had in his eyes. It sort of worried him a little bit. But Jonghyun said he loved Key, so there wasn’t anything to worry about! Then why do I feel like this? Key thought unhappily as he took his seat next to Minho.

“Are you coming to my soccer game tomorrow?” Minho asked as they got started on the art projects. Minho was attempting to paint a vase of flowers, but to Key it looked like something a five year old would do. Key himself was sketching the outline of something he was going to draw for Jonghyun.

“Yes, I don’t have anything better to do,” Key replied with a grin.

“Yah! Don’t be like that!” Minho growled, poking Key’s cheek with his blue paint brush. Key glared at him and quickly wiped away the paint.

“Don’t ruin this piece of perfection!” He exclaimed, scooting his chair away. Minho snorted and returned to his painting. They worked quietly for awhile, but Minho wanted to talk to Key about lunch today.

“So, you know, Sekyung is having lunch with us today,” He said casually.

“I know,” Key replied nonchalantly. Minho glanced over at him; Key was slightly glaring.

“Well…I know it’s important to Jonghyun, he said that she’s different from other girls. He really wants you to be friends with her,” Minho told him. Jonghyun had confessed to him this morning that he was a little worried about how Key would get along with her. In the past Key always ignored Jonghyun’s girlfriends, and wasn’t exactly nice to them.

“I know,” Key said again, getting annoyed. Why is everyone making a big deal out of this? Aish…

“He said-“ Minho began, but Key cut him off.

“Can we change the subject, please? I don’t want to talk about this. Why are you guys making a big deal out of this?” Key exclaimed.

“Because, Key, Jonghyun is going to ask her out,” Minho said, stating the obvious. Key stared at him with a shocked expression.

“No he isn’t. Jonghyun told me that she doesn’t see him as anything more than a friend. And besides, Jonghyun told me he loved me!” Key exclaimed. He turned back to his work and ignored Minho for the rest of the hour. Minho pulled out his phone and quickly began typing a message to Onew.

< Onew, we’ve got a big problem >

When the bell rang for class to be over, Jonghyun walked over to Sekyung’s desk with a smile. She grinned at him and followed him out the door and down the hall. She knew that he and his friends didn’t eat in the cafeteria; they sat in the courtyard together. Truthfully she was a little nervous to meet the rest of his friends. She knew Onew and Minho and liked them, but she only knew a little about Taemin and Key.

“Ah, I’m so nervous!” Sekyung admitted, giggling slightly. Jonghyun smiled at her and grabbed her hand.

“Don’t be! Taemin is very friendly and he’ll take to you right away. And Key is my best friend, there’s noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter