Found

Under One Roof

Found


  Jieun sat under the tree, watching as everybody was making their way upto the high bar areas where they would be scraping the ice off the mountain slopes for military training later on in the week for the soldiers. She was exempted with a nurse's note; she was glad- because she had a fear of heights, and today's activity required climbing up the steep slope with only a rope supporting the body.

 Her eyes were fixed on Chanyeol and his face; taunted with a hangover from the alcohol. His lips had no color and his hair was frizzy, sticking out all over the place . But even then, he still managed to look good. A million thoughts were running through her head, but there was not a single one that she could get out of . Not because she was afraid, but because she was sure.

 "Today's activity requires your full attention," the Assistant leader silenced the whole crowd with his traumatizing scowl. "As you can see, you'll be chipping off the ice from the mountain slopes. Grab a pair of spike soled shoes and triple knot to be cautious. Then you'll each grab a harness and with a partner, decide on the belayer and the climber. further instructions will be told after final equipment check."

 The chatter grew as everybody got in a line and grabbed their equipments and received their checks from the leader. Jieun watched as the leader ended up putting everybody into partners because the pack had spent ten minutes fighting over who should go with whom. Jieun grumbled as the leader paired Seung-hee with Chanyeol, quickly progressing onto the next few kids.

 Jieun loathed the ugly smile that Seung-hee wore as she stuck to Chanyeol like a sly fox. "You want to climb?" Chanyeol asked, staring down at her foundation covered face and the bright red lip tint covering her crooked lips. "I'm so scared Chanyeol!" She squealed and grabbed his arms, blinking like a cute puppy. "Okay, whatever.." Chanyeol tried to escape her grip that only tightened everytime he tried to escape.

Chanyeol looked at Jieun from the corner of his eyes. 

 

Why is she so heavy?

 

Chanyeol muttered as he grunted, belaying Seung-hee who squealed like a baby pig as she climbed up the slope with the other climbers. "Jesus, she must weigh a thousant tonnes," he whispered as his feet struggled to stay in place. From the bottom, she looked as if she was twice Chanyeol's size, especially with her big that she claimed as volumptious. "Guess her makes a good shade," Chanyeol shrugged as he continued to belay.

 But on his mind was last night.

 

Don't cross the line.

 

 He sighed and clenched the rope tight. Ever since the start, Chanyeol was the first person who saw Jieun and he was absouletely sure that he liked Jieun first. But why was it that her heart only faced Myungsoo? He had always thought that a girl couldn't resist a guy whose feelings were sincere, but why was it that his plans were getting out of direction? Why wouldn't she look-

"CHANYEOL YOU MOTHERER-" A loud screech followed a heavy thud. Unconsciously, Chanyeol had let go of the rope and caused Seung-hee to plunge down the slope. It took him a while to realize what he had done, but he wasn't feeling too bad about it. He never really liked Seung-hee, and anyone could tell that she was faking her pain. "I THINK MY LEG IS BROKEN SOMEONE SAVE ME I DON'T WANT TO DIE YOUNG-" Seung-hee uproared and held onto her ankle in pain.

  The leader rolled down her socks and found a purple bruise on her ankle. "What the hell were you doing?" The leader smacked Chanyeol's head and sighed in dismay. "We haven't had a single volunteer hurt the past two days Park Chanyeol. Does it make sense that the son of the CEO goes around-" the murmurs were enough to silence her - because not everyone knew that Chanyeol was the heir.

"Take her to the infirmary."

"Me?"

"Yes Chanyeol, of course you."

The leader forced Chanyeol on his knees and supported Seung-hee on his back. Unwillingly, he carried her hundred tonne body across the field. He looked to the side and saw Jieun asleep under the tree, her facial bruises prominent from her features. He bit his lips and turned his head, heading towards the infirmary with Seung-hee on his back. 

"You're here again?"

The nurse grumbled and watched as Chanyeol dropped Seung-hee on the roller bed with a large thud and stretched his upper limbs. "Do something about her ankle," he sat on the chair opposite the bed, constantly looking outside the infirmary. "Accidently missed the rope during climbing." he said casually and yawned. He could see Jieun leaning against the tree, sleeping like an angel under the shade.

"What are you smiling about?" the nurse shot. 

"Nothing," he grumbled and watched as the nurse began treating Seung-hee's thick ankle. 

"It's a miracle that only your ankle is bruised," the nurse sniggered under her breath. "most girls break an ankle if they fall from such a height." Seung-hee glared at the nurse and stared down at her swollen ankle. Chanyeol watched as Seung-hee tapped around her clavicle as if she was looking for something. 

"My pendent," she gasped. "It's gone."

"You probably dropped it at the site," the nurse said indifferently as she packed up her first aid kit. "You can go look for it with Chanyeol once the swelling goes down in a few hours." she joined the other nurses as they continued on their beauty blogging and selfie taking.

 Seung-hee gulped and fidgeted from her spot. 

"Is it that important?"

"Yes," Seung-hee rolled her eyes and bit her nails.

Chanyeol had never seen Seung-hee so out of place before; something was definitely up.

 

******

 

 "You know you could at least try to help me look for it?" Seung-hee said sarcastically as she limped over to the climbing area. The sun was setting and it was hard to search for small objects, especially in the thickets.

"What does it look like?" he gruntled.

"A silver love heart." She mumbled and knelt down, madly running her hands all over the floor hoping to find something. Chanyeol sighed and kicked the dirt with his feet, hoping that something would come out. He couldn't care any less about her piece of jewelry, but he had the least amount of conscience about bruising her ankle. He watched as her breathing became heavier by the minute; panicking.

"It's getting dark Seung-hee," Chanyeol forfeited. "Let's come back tomorrow."

"No!" she exclaimed. "It's really important to me."

"Why? Is it expensive? I'll buy you a new one so let's go."

"I found it," he heard Seung-hee gasp as she crouched down. He watched as she stood up and looped the pendent through her chubby fingers. Chanyeol frowned as he stared at the very pendent entwined through her fingers. The way that love heart pendent shone against the light of the sunset of pure silver; 

It was his mother's pendent.

 

"No Seung-hee," he gulped. "Where did you get that?"

Chuckling, she tucked her hair behind her ears and tried to lock the pendent onto her thick neck. "Does it look good?"

She ignored his question and was busy trying to get the pendent on. Disgusted, he watched with anger raging inside him. No Seung-hee was touching what was left of his mother with her filthy fingers, and on top of that; she was smiling about it. 

"NO SEUNG-HEE." He roared.

"C..hanyeol," she stuttered.

"I asked you, where did you get that pendent?" 

"I found it somewhere," she averted eyes with him and murmured. "It's mine.."

"Look into my eyes and tell me."

"It's.. mine.." she peeked into his eyes and sighed. 

"You stole it off Jieun."

"No i didn't," she blurted.  

He took a big step toward her and snatched the pendent off her. He wiped it with his wrist and placed it safely inside his pocket, patting it once more. He glared at Seung-hee who looked down at his feet, unable to say another word. With his index finger, he pushed her forehead and watched as she stumbled from her spot and fell to the floor. He crouched down and watched her, fear-strucken.

"This is theft you -" he raised his hand to hit her, but hesitated. He sighed and placed his hand down. 

"For the sake of someone, i'm saving you." He scowled. "Tomorrow, meet me at the main quad. I'm not letting you off easy." He kicked the soil right beside her and walked out of the thickets, his footsteps rushing until it eventually evolved into running.

 

 

Practice - Ha Yeon soo (Monstar OST)

 

 

 A million thoughts were running through his head, but there wasn't a single one without Jieun. His heart beat palpably as he rushed out of the woods, toward the base camp. There were so many things that he wanted to tell Jieun, but there was not a single word that could make up for everything he misunderstood. Tears of unsure emotions welled up his eyes as he sprinted with a wide smile on his face.

 He arrived at the base camp and as usual, saw Jieun sitting on the bench with a warm drink in her hands. He watched as she looked up at the moon slowly forming in the sky. Without any hesitation, he dragged his heavy footsteps toward her and blocked her view with his face.

 She looked up at him with her face prominent of bruises.

As Chanyeol stared into her bruised face, he felt so guilty because he knew that because of him; she had to go through so much. There were so much things that he wanted to tell her, but not a single thing would come out of his mouth. 

"Chanyeol.." 

She stood up to the sight of tears welling up his eyes. Before she could say another word, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her tightly into his embrace. 

No words were needed, this moment explained everything.

"Chanyeol-" her muffled voice came from his tight hug. He gripped her tiny head with his palm and held her so gently in his arms. He missed the warmth of hugging her; how it felt so nice to know that this was his home, in her arms. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered in her ears. "I'm so sorry." 

Jieun smiled silently and wrapped her arms around his waist. It felt like such a long time since she had been in his embrace, and this was possibly the first time she realized that she missed his embraces so much. The two stayed like that, because this hug explained so much more than words could possibly ever explain. Right at this moment, it was just her and him - and nobody else.

She closed her eyes as she could feel his sweet scent once more. 

That familiar scent that she was always used to; the one she missed so much.

He released Jieun from his embrace and held her hand tightly, looking down at her face. With a sweet-bitter face, he softly ran his finger over her soft bruise and sighed. He grabbed her head and hugged her once more, feeling guilty that he was the one who made her this way.

"This beautiful face.. i ruined it.." he croaked.

He let go of her and stared into those beautiful eyes that reflected him. "close your eyes," he said softly and shut her lids. He grabbed the pendent and looped it through his fingers, holding it right before Jieun's eyes. 

"Open."

Jieun stared at the pendent, dumbfounded.

"H..ow.. did you.."

"I'm such a bad person Jieun," he held his tears in. "I didn't even know anything, yet i was so absorbed in my own misunderstandings and i hurt you-" his voice broke down. He closed his eyes and let a single tear slide down his cheeks.

"W..hat?" Jieun was clueless.

"I don't deserve to be forgiven," he blamed himself. "I caused everything."

"Chanyeol.. What are you talking about..?"

"I'll explain everything tomorrow. For now, let's just stay like this." He hugged her once more and leaned his chin on her shoulder. Jieun breathed lightly and pat his back; everything would be okay.

 

"I'm sorry.." Chanyeol repeated.

 

"I'm so sorry.. and i love you."

 


Hi guys!

I'm sorry i am slacking with my updates... I don't update as often as i used to.. I am a little busy right now and my studies are pretty important to me too. And because of that, if the story tends to get a little boring, please forgive me.. :( when i focus on one thing, i tend to lose inspiration for another.

If you liked this chapter, please leave a comment or upvote!