5

Taking His Time

"Woooo! Cheers! To an amazing senior year!" Joonmyeon was the centre of attention, who stood on top of the liquor table, drunk. People below him cheered, and raised their shots up in the air. 

"Careful hyung!" Jongdae attempted to help his boyfriend down from the table without passing out as well. Joonmyeon carelessly wrapped his arms around him, weighing them both down, falling to the vibrating floor. They laughed and lay on top of each other, a hundred jumping feet surrounding them. Joonmyeon scooted up to meet Jongdae's eyes which were closed, but his lips, smiling. He started from the neck, up to the ear, down to chin, and eventually, his lips were pressed against Jongdae's, who kissed back. The couple was sprawled on the floor, their mindsets in a different world, their lips moving in unison. 

Their kiss was interrupted when Kris lifted his best friend away from the tipsy boy underneath him who passed out. He brought him to the backyard where Tao was going to give him, Joonmyeon, and Minseok a taste of a limited edition wine he bought for his graduating hyungs. Jongdae was still lying on the floor, being trampled on as the number of people multiplied every minute. 

"Jongdae hyung!" Sehun was pushing people aside into one another, until he reached the liquor table where he spotted his drowsy hyung's body half hidden under the table. He sat him up softly, and lifted his head onto his thigh before pulling his dead-like body up, into his arms. Jongdae was laughing to himself, and repeatedly leaning into Sehun to kiss him, murmuring,

"Joonmyeonah, joonmyeonaaahh, kiss me back!" Sehun shook him every time his drunk hyung would try to kiss him. He was carrying him towards the room he cleared out moments before he searched for his drunk friends, but a loud, growling sound came from Jongdae's stomach, with a few gags that followed after. Oh god.

Sehun rushed to the nearest bathroom, and set Jongdae down who threw up the moment his feet touched the ground. Sehun shrieked as the puke missed the toilet, spreading all over the floor. He helped his hyung bend down on his knees and aim his face at the toilet. Grabbing loads of wet tissues, he wiped the puke clean off the floor and off Jongdae's pants. 

"I'm sick and tired of cleaning up after you guys!" Sehun whined as he filled up a cup with listerine and made Jongdae gurgle and spit. "You need to learn how to control your drink!" Sehun flushed the flooded toilet and began to wet a facecloth with cold water, wiping Jongdae's face with it. BANG BANG BANG. There was probably a lineup outside by now, but Sehun needed to clean the area. He heard yells from the other side, so he set Jongdae down on the floor before checking to see who was outside. 

"Hyung!" Luhan's body was face down on the ground in front of the washroom door, an ugly smell of vodka coming off of him, mixed with the horrid smell of puke that escaped the washroom. 

-

Luhan was wide awake now, no longer feeling tipsy. The adrenaline was rushing through his veins, slowly overwhelming him. The shadow did not move. It was still visible from where Luhan stood in his bathroom. His feet were planted on the bathroom tiled floor, his head slightly sticking out, one hand holding on to the door knob and one hand clenching on to a pair of cosmetic scissors. 

The chills that ran down his spine caused his limbs to feel numb, shaking uncontrollably of nervousness. Luhan's thoughts were crowding in his brain. Why isn't he moving? He could've charged at me and killed me by now! What does he want?!

The shadow made small movements as it breathed, slowly and deeply. Luhan looked across to see the time, 3:50. He has been standing there, frozen, watching the shadow for two minutes now, after he finished his puke business. 

Okay, just run and pin him down. Luhan was thinking of jumping to his last resort of running after the stranger and calling the police, but he knew that he couldn't, his nerves being the first problem. He thought about running across to the other exit in his room to pin down the stranger at the main door. It's impossible.

All too soon, Luhan did the unbelievable.

"WHO'S THERE?!" He cried, the words escaping his mouth, but his mind not grasping it.

He sprinted out of the bathroom towards the door where the shadow had escaped. It suddenly hit him that what he was doing was incredibly stupid, but he couldn't back out now. The figure was in Luhan's reach, near his kitchen area. He reached out to grab the back of the person's navy jacket, but hit his hip against the counter before he could. 

He shrieked in pain, and fell to the ground. Luhan was sure he either displaced his hip bone or damaged it at the least. He lay uncontrollably in pain on the hard tiled floor. The person was far from reach now. Luhan looked up from the ground, and saw the stranger stop, out of breath at the entrance. He turned his head around behind his shoulder to face Luhan who was grunting of pain on the ground. Luhan couldn't see the face hidden behind a cap, and they turned around and continued to run out of his apartment. SLAM.

The front door shut. 

-

Minseok was taking shots of tequila by himself at the liquor table. He had lost Luhan in the crowd of dancing maniacs, but he wasn't so sure that he could take care of himself. He was constantly being surrounded by girls that grinded against him, but he would just take no notice on any of them until they got tired and hung on to another boy.

Minseok has been searching for a girlfriend recently as he was getting worried that he would not be able to get in to a relationship, ever. He was always sure that he wasn't gay, and that he liked girls. But whenever a girl approached him, he could never find the right way to communicate with her, as Kris has set down a rule that they could NOT date girls. Maybe it was because he was surrounded by his gay friends all the time that he may have turned gay as well. He didn't have the choice to date behind Kris' back because he knows that he would get caught either way. That's why fitting into his group of his friends was hard at first because of the secrets he had to keep from them. 

There was never really anyone in the group that he considered his best friend, until Lay came to the school last year. It took a while to open up to him, but it was faster compared to the others in the group that took almost a year. Lay was the only person who knew Minseok's secrets. He was the only one in the world who he could trust. Until today, when he met Luhan.

Minseok was awoken by a light massage on his shoulders. 

"Ya hyung. Wake up," a loud voice said in his ear, "Yaaaa, if you're gonna sleepover use a room." Minseok lifted his head up from the liquor table where he passed out for hours unknowingly. Baekhyun was at his side, massaging his back awake continuously. There were tequila spills all over his jeans that looked like he had pissed himself. He heard Baekhyun hold in a laugh from behind him. Minseok turned to him about to hit him, until Baekhyun jumped away in fear, laughing.

"Oh my god hyung! What happened to your face?" Minseok groggily walked over to the washroom and gagged before fully stepping in. 

"Geez, it smells so gross in here," he said as ran his hand through his hair. Baekhyun was holding his hyung up by the waist, over to the mirror. Minseok broke into laughter at the sight of inked es on every inch of his face. 

"You never learn huh. Never drink too much on a school night, and do not fall asleep," Baekhyun hugged Minseok tightly from behind, and the tap for him. 

"I'll leave you for awhile to clean up, I have to go help the others kick out the drunkies." Baekhyun walked Minseok over to the toilet. 

"Where's Luhan?" Minseok asked, ping his damp jeans. 

"Sehun took him home, the new boy overdid himself." 

Minseok felt sick to the stomach, unable to puke out all of the liquor he had consumed. He held on to everything he could as he walked himself back to sink to rinse off his inked face. A part of him wanted to sleepover at Tao's like all of the boys usually did, but a part of him wanted to go home, to see Luhan. After washing his face in ice cold water, and rinsing out the stinging aftertaste of tequila on his tongue, he called his driver to get him. 

Minseok sat on the front steps of Tao's mansion as the chilly night air blew against his body. He put his arms behind his back on the ground, his head laid back as he breathed in the fresh air. 

"Why don't you just sleepover?" Kris walked up to Minseok, taking off his jacket and placing it over him, the heavy fabric weighing him down. 

"Thanks," Minseok smiled as Kris sat down beside him, putting up the jacket's hood over his hyung's head, "Aren't you cold though?" 

Kris scoffed and shook his head. 

"No, I'm already a cold person from within," he looked over at Minseok, and they laughed together. Minseok rested his head on Kris' bony shoulder and sighed. Without his brain functioning properly yet, he began to ask questions.

"Why are you a completely different person towards us and other people?" Minseok asked, taking his head off Kris' shoulder, looking over at the tall boy who did not respond. His eyes were closed and he took in a big breath of air. 

"I can't always be nice, but I can't always be mean either. I actually...don't know why, but it doesn't matter does it?" Kris stood up and patted Minseok's head. 

"You sure you're not sleeping over?" He asked. Minseok looked up and nodded his head. 

"Give me back my jacket tomorrow then. That's worth more than a commoner's annual salary," he said, walking back into the house, pushing the remaining drunk people that Joonmyeon was struggling with, out the door. Minseok smiled widely and shook his head. He knew Kris was a nice guy. He just wanted wanted Kris to admit it. He feared him at first, but he opened up to him soon after Lay. Arm in arm, the two walked back in to the house, waving back at Minseok. He checked his phone for the time, 3:30 a.m. He sighed and patiently waited for his driver to arrive. 

-

"Do you need me to wake you up tomorrow morning sir?" Minseok's driver pulled up by his apartment, opening his door for him. 

"No, don't worry about it. Take care," Minseok gave a pat on the back to his driver who bowed to him. He walked towards the elevator and decided to go visit Luhan. He put his hands in his pockets as the elevator began to ride up to the tenth floor. He felt an unusually damp cloth in his front pocket and pulled out the handkerchief that Luhan gave him yesterday morning. He brought it to his nose and inhaled a chocolate and tequila scent. It reeked more than Tao's bathroom, but he kept it under his nose. He smiled at the stained pink handkerchief and shoved back into his pocket. 

The elevator came to a stop and Minseok attempted to tidy his hair. He began to walk out, when a tall person shoved him aside and ran into the elevator. Minseok looked back, shocked, unable to see the person's face who was wearing a cap underneath his navy hood. 

"Jerk!" Minseok called out. He rolled his eyes and walked to the end of the hall where Luhan's apartment was. He lived at the other end of the hall, in front of the elevator. Only two residential apartments were located on the floor, being the presidential suites, that only the wealthy could afford. Minseok used to have the whole floor to himself until a few days ago when Luhan moved into the other apartment. He was planning on moving apartments if he didn't like his neighbor which was no problem, but he had no intentions of doing so now. 

He reached Luhan's door and rang the bell. After a few seconds, he rang again. After a few minutes he sighed to himself and punched his head several times whispering, 

"Babo, babo, ugh Kim Minseok you're really dumb." Why was he knocking on the door at this time? Luhan was probably dead asleep by now. Before walking away to his own place, something pulled him back to Luhan's front door. The boy at the elevator...what was he doing on their floor? If he even tried to barge into Minseok's place, his security guards would have caught him, as they were on night duty. 

Minseok twisted the knob and the door was pushed open in unison. . It's unlocked. He ran into the foyer, empty boxes stacked at the door, and searched for Luhan while yelling out his name. 

"Luhan! Luhan!" He was frantically opening and closing drawers without thinking until he decided to go into his bedroom. 

The place was familiar to Minseok as it was just a mirrored version of his. He ran to the first entrance of the master's bedroom and kept calling out for Luhan. He searched the bathroom and still, no Luhan. He was beginning to panic and worry. This is all my fault! If I didn't leave him alone in the first place... Minseok hurried out the second entry to the master's and ran to the kitchen. He froze for a moment. Luhan was on the floor by the counter, sprawled on his back, unconscious. 

 

 

Hey, I just wanted to apologize for lying that I would update this chapter three days ago...(o.o). Summer school is hectic, so please bear with me. The story will get more interesting, I swear, I'm just trying not to rush it. Thank you for the views, comments, and subs! I didn't expect to get attention at all, especially since I've only made this 10 days ago, but thank yooooou! :)