4

Taking His Time

**Very brief mention about **


After school that day, Luhan walked by himself to the west wing of the school, the athlete wing, to attend the first meeting of the school's soccer team. He arrived quite early, being the second one there. The classroom was big and empty, and awfully quiet. The only boy in the class sat at the very front, typing away on his laptop. Luhan approached him. He's eventually going to have to talk to me since we're on the same team. Luhan thought he'd better talk to him now and just get over it. The boy stopped typing, as he felt Luhan come closer behind him, and he shut his laptop screen down before slightly peering over his shoulder. Luhan made his way around the maze of desks and plopped up on top of the edge of the table in front of the stranger who was shoving his laptop into his backpack. 

"I'm Luhan!" bowing to the boy, losing balance of himself and nearly falling off the table. The boy shot up from his seat and grasped Luhan's shoulders before he fell face first. Luhan awkwardly bowed again, this time, taking the seat next to the boy.

"Sorry about that," Luhan sighed, pissed at himself, "I'm really clumsy." 

"Why are you apologizing?" The boy said in a low, deep voice, looking down at his desk. It was what any person would do...'Luhan thought. And before answering, the boy spoke up again, this time, turning his body to his left in Luhan's direction. 

"Why are you even talking to me?" He asked, sounding more like a statement than a question. The boy's black hair was curtained over his forehead, swept to the side, his eyes, half hidden. 

"I figured that since we're on the same team, we should probably get to know each other now," Luhan responded, flustered at the attitude the strange boy was giving him. 

"Why don't you just bug someone else," the boy grumbled, picking his backpack up and moving to the far end of the classroom. Luhan was struck, trying to understand why the boy acted the way he did. 

He scanned the room as more boys started to file in, and caught Minseok who was walked in casually, and sat on the seat closest to the door. He walked  past the desks in his way and the boys who talked among themselves in little groups. Minseok looked up from his phone, and moved aside in his seat to make space for Luhan. He smiled to himself. Minseok made him share his seat, as if the empty desks that surrounded them were full. His thighs pressed against Minseok's, their bodies glued together with only a few layers of clothing that separated their skin. 

He peeked over at Minseok's phone and saw him texting Tao, who sent Minseok a bunch of smiley emoticons. Luhan frowned. He doesn't seem like the type to smile, even if he was forced to. Minseok glanced over at Luhan who became immersed in reading their conversation. Luhan looked away, pretending to check his wrist for the time. . Luhan wasn't wearing his watch today. Minseok giggled and and elbowed Luhan playfully. 

"So, Tao's throwing a party at his place. We'll go together after the meeting," said Minseok, ignoring Luhan's embarrassment, unable to face him properly without their faces bumping into each other's. 

"What kind of party?" Luhan asked, slightly turning his head to Minseok's direction. 

"We have parties almost every weekend. You know, the usual. Drinking, dancing. It's actually the only opportunity Kris gets to do what he wants. He's not allowed to date, so he hooks up with different people," Minseok explained, "And he likes to beat people up for fun." 

Luhan started to feel a spurt of nervousness in him. Beat people up for fun? That was so Kris.' 

"You..okay?" Minseok asked Luhan who was speechless after hearing about the 'usual' parties they had weekly. He was planning excuses that he would use to get away from attending. Minseok broke into laughter.

"Don't worry about Kris. He's actually nicer than he seems." Minseok reassuringly said.


The soccer coach came in a few minutes later and began to explain how soccer season would begin in March throughout June. He made it clear that practising now with a team mate would be beneficial for the team. He gave the boys contracts and soon after thirty minutes, he let them out. Luhan and Minseok began to make their way to the door, but the strange boy earlier in the meeting swiftly passed by them before they could exit. He had his  hood on and walked straight to the exit doors. He was taller than Luhan expected, towering over most of the boys in the room. Minseok walked in silence, towards the exit door and grinned at the boys in the meeting that passed by them and waved. Luhan did the same. 

"So, do you talk to the boys in the soccer team?" Luhan asked, as him and Minseok stepped out into the bright sunlight. 

"When it's necessary, like, during games of course. Other than that, I'm not really friends with any of them," Minseok replied, leading them into the shade where they waited for the schools train to arrive. Luhan hesitated before asking about the strange boy. 

"Who was that boy that walked in front of us by the door? The one with the hood on?" Luhan asked, trying to seem uninterested.

"Oh, that's Jung Jihoon. He's our team's goalie, a damn good one too." 

Jung Jihoon. The boy was so strange. Luhan failed in attempt to befriend him, and Jihoon made it clear that he didn't want to associate with Luhan, or for that matter, anyone at all. I guess that makes things easier for me, Luhan thought, reminding himself to keep Kris' rules in check.

-

Snow harshly blew against Kyungsoo's face as he jumped out his car, fighting against the skin biting wind to Jongin's house.

"Hyung!" Jongin pulled his best friend into the house, and hugged him tight. "Damn, it looks like a snow storm out there." He voluntarily took off Kyungsoo's coat for him and pulled him by the hand up to his room, pushing aside a crowd of people who jumped along to the deafening beat of screamo music. 

"There's so much people today," Kyungsoo said, with a hard cough that followed.

"Yeah, Kris asked me to make it a non-invite party," Jongin rubbed his hyung's back and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, protecting him from the drunks who attempted to grind anyone they came into contact with. Jongin continued to shove people aside, until he reached his room. 

He opened the door and both Kyungsoo and him stopped, dead in tracks. They were met by a bloody, horrific scene. There was a couple on the end of Jongin's bed, making out, and in the middle of undressing each other, but near the far window by his fireplace, was a boy who had blood stains on his shirt that splattered across the room's white walls. Jongin and Kyungsoo paused for a moment, and looked at each other in worry. Kyungsoo ran straight to the bloody boy while Jongin grabbed the boy on his bed who dragged his girl with him, and pushed them out the room, half . 

Kyungsoo struggled to lift the boy up on the bed who did not move at all, not even flinch. . Is he dead? Jongin was staring at his best friend who almost dropped the boy in his weak arms, before he ran to help him. He was in a state of shock. He didn't know what to do. Kyungsoo checked for the boy's pulse, and reassured Jongin that he was just unconscious. They undressed him, and saw a gushing cut near his lower abdomen. He almost gagged. The boy was stabbed. Jongin put his in hands in his hair, squeezed his head, and walked back slowly. His sight was going dizzy, and he felt like throwing up. The blood gushed out even more, on to his beddings. 

"!" Jongin cried out. "! Hyung! I'm so ed right now!" He wasn't scared. He wasn't afraid. Anger started to build up in him and he wanted to hit something. Jongin watched Kyungsoo take the boy's shirt and wrap it around his waist, around the bloody cut. He began to slap his face, trying to get him to wake him up. He turned around to Jongin who was barely holding himself up against the wall.

"Jongin! I need help! Jongin!" Kyungsoo was yelling now, but he couldn't hear. Jongin still couldn't come to his senses. The door was barged open, Lay and Minseok came in hurriedly with concerned looks on their faces. Kyungsoo was pointing at the bloody boy on Jongin's bed, and then over to Jongin who was now crouched down against the wall, his face, hiding in his knees. Lay ran over to Jongin and was shaking him, but he couldn't feel it. It was as if everything was happening so fast, in mute. Lay helped him up and sat him on a chair. He rushed over to help Kyungsoo and Minseok. 

"I- I don't know him! -No! We can't call the police or we'll get in , we have to bring him to the hospital ourselves! Just hurry here Chanyeol! He was stabbed!" Kyungsoo yelled on the phone, unable to describe or identify the face of the battered boy. 

Jongin shut his eyes tight and shook his head. He stood up, walked out of the room and began to force people out of his house.

-

Minseok made Luhan dress up before leaving for Tao's party. They were driven to their apartments, and driven together by Luhan's driver to Tao's. Luhan was shaking of excitement. He's never really been invited to a party, he actually never attended one. He only had a small group of friends back in China who were all too busy with their girlfriends. 

Minseok giggled at Luhan who's legs were shaking, as he looked out the window. Luhan was wearing a leather jacket with skinny jeans, and had his hair styled. He liked to dress up sometimes, but he could never really afford nice clothing before. 

Minseok was sitting on the left seat with a gap in between him and Luhan. He looks so good dressed up. He took out his phone and secretly took a picture of Luhan who was still looking out the window. It came out blurry, so he tried again. FLASH. The auto flash came on, and Luhan jerked with shock. Minseok hid his blushing face behind his phone. .

"I was taking a picture of the Han river outside." Minseok quickly said, leaning in beside Luhan, and pretending to actually take pictures of the river. Sure, Luhan thought, smiling at Minseok who's weight was pushed against his thighs, while he was immersed in taking pictures of the river he's seen more than a thousand times in his eighteen years of existence. The rest of the trip to Tao's was quiet and awkward, Minseok now sitting in the space that separated them moments ago. 

As they pulled up in the driveway to Tao's house, Luhan was amazed, yet again. The mansion was five storeys high, and mostly glassed. The garden that surrounded it reached out to a field and lake at the back. 

"This is his house?" Luhan asked Minseok who lead them to the front door where the bouncer let them in immediately, surpassing the line of teenagers who were claiming to have been invited. 

"The whole acre is his. It's his family's rest house, where they let him live. They're running a business abroad in China." Minseok yelled into Luhan's ears, the music shaking the whole house. They were greeted by Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were holding red cups, tipsy already. Minseok brought him to the back where all of the drinks were. The table was filled with various hard liquor, wine, coolers, beer, and chasers. Minseok grabbed two red cups and filled it halfway with vodka. 

"You have to start hard first, unless you want to throw up in an hour." He said loudly over the blaring music, carefully pouring the drink into the cups. Three shirtless boys, arms locked over their shoulders were walking together, with a strong liquor scent that followed them. They bumped into Minseok, causing the cup he was holding to spill, all over Luhan. Instead of being mad, the three drunk boys made him laugh, caging him in with an embrace, and kissing him their tipsy sorry's. Luhan was ready to party. 

He grabbed the bottle of vodka in Minseok's hand, and swallowed the hard, burning liquor, down with pain. A good type of pain. Minseok ran over to the far table and grabbed a lemon and cola, and handed it to Luhan who bit the lemon that Minseok was still holding, nearly getting his flesh torn off by Luhan's teeth. The boys were dying of laughter as Minseok helped Luhan gulp down his chaser. 


After three hours of drinking all types of liquor on the table, Luhan had lost Minseok in the crowd, and he was downing beer after beer like water. He was in the swarm of the people, dancing to the beat with his drink in one hand. He felt good. He's never felt better in his life. His mind was clear, and the deafening music filled him up with energy. 

He was sweating in his leather jacket, and an awful smell of sweat and vodka mixed on him, but he kept partying. It reached to the point where he was kissing a random girl that bit his lip so hard, it began to bleed. He pushed her away into the crowd, and he fell to the floor, so drunk, he couldn't move. Luhan lay there, people stepping on him and kicking him around. He began to crawl his way out of the crowd and into the washroom. It was in use, so Luhan knocked loudly and recklessly yelled,

"Hurry uuuup! My puke is coming out." He lay in front of the washroom door, on his stomach, with the nauseating feeling drowning in him now. The door opened, and the odour of puke escaped it, making Luhan gag even more. Hurry the up.

"Hyung!" A familiar voice yelped from inside the washroom. Sehun just finished cleaning the toilet up after Jongdae and was faced with another problem when he saw Luhan lying face down, on the floor. He helped him up, and his puke began to pour out before reaching the toilet on time. 

"!" Sehun yelped, moving Luhan's body with all of his force towards the bathtub which was closer. Luhan began to throw up continuously, his stomach in pain, and his nose filling up with snot. Jongdae lay on the floor beside Luhan, asleep. 

"It's okay, let it out hyung, let it all out," Sehun rubbed Luhan's back roughly with out hand, and the shower with the other. 

The cold water began to mix with Luhan's puke, eventually washing down the drain. The shower began to splash onto Luhan's head and onto Sehun's body. He turned off the shower, grabbed a towel, and dried off the drunk boy's wet, ruined hair. Joonmyeon ran into the bathroom, surprisingly sober, and carried out Jongdae who was passed out on the floor next to Luhan. 

Sehun sat Luhan up on the toilet seat, and continued to dry his hair and face. He kept holding Luhan up who would fall back or forward every now and then, with whimpers that followed. He filled up Luhan's red cup with mouth wash and helped Luhan gargle it. 

"Okay hyung, spit it out here," Sehun held out the trash to Luhan's face, but he swallowed it all instead. 

"No, no, NO. God, hyung! Why'd you swallow it?! Ugh, come here!" Sehun draped Luhan's arm over his shoulder, and brought him out of the washroom.

"Mmm, what was that? I want more," Luhan his lips, grabbing a red cup out of a girl's hand, bringing the cup to his mouth, about to take the shot, but Sehun stole the cup away with his free hand and handed it to a random boy who walked by. 

Sehun dragged him through the crowd of people, and was met by Tao at the front door who was busy kicking uninvited freshmen out. Tao caught sight of Sehun who was struggling to hold Luhan up, and continuously stopped him from grabbing people's drinks. He ran over and grabbed hold of Luhan's other arm and threw it over his own shoulder.

"Woah!" Tao gagged, when he caught a whiff of Luhan's disgusting vodka mixed with puke scent, "What happened?!" 

"He doesn't know how to hold his drink!" Sehun replied. The two boys escaped the loud music and liquor zone and lifted Luhan off the ground as they walked him down the front stairs to the gate, pushing him in to one of Tao's drivers' car. "I'll take him home, go back and check the rooms in the top floor. I saw a few freshmen sneak in through there." 

"Okay, take care of...that," Tao pointed at Luhan who lay, weeping, in the back seat the suv. Sehun nodded, hugged Tao goodbye, and carefully lifted Luhan's head on his lap, hushing him.

Luhan fell asleep on his lap on the way to his apartment and awoke a few minutes later with the car still moving. He felt a soft hand through his damp hair, the other, rubbing his back. He didn't want it to stop. He closed his eyes, and moved into a more comfortable position on Sehun's lap. Sehun stopped running his hands through Luhan's hair for a moment as he moved, and softly began again when he became still. Luhan quickly drifted back to sleep. 

The blaring music and shaking floors disappeared in his surroundings and the burning sensations of liquor vanished. Luhan felt himself being sat down on his cold bed. He let Sehun take off his jacket, but when he felt hands reach under his damp shirt, he stopped him, attempting to take it off by himself. After watching Luhan struggle for five minutes, Sehun pushed hands away, reached under his shirt, and lifted it off. He came back with a clean, oversized shirt, and put Luhan's arms and head through it gently. He lay him down, and unbuckled his belt. This time, Luhan showed no restraint. He let Sehun slip his damp boxers off and replace it with clean ones. He had no power over the younger boy now who was taking care of him, by choice. 

Luhan forced his heavy eyes to open to see Sehun and thank him, but he couldn't gather enough strength to. He saw him talking on the phone, scratching his head, pacing around the room back and forth. After a minute of constant pacing, Sehun knelt down beside the king bed and shook Luhan awake. 

"Hey, hey hyung. I have to go back to the party. Tao really needs help controlling the people. You'll be okay, right?" Sehun brushed Luhan's hair out of his sweaty forehead, waiting for a response. Luhan managed to nod. Though Luhan could not see, he could feel  the younger boy's eyes, gazing upon his face. Sehun continued to brush his hand through Luhan's hair, until he began to breathe slower and deeper, a sign that he was asleep. 

Luhan shot up from his bed, still a bit tipsy, and looked over at his clock that read 3:45 a.m. He sat there, blank, until his stomach began to grumble.

"Oh no.." Luhan ran into his bathroom and began to puke again. His whole body was in pain, exhausted from partying. He didn't know that partying hard came with a price. Just the thought of liquor made him nauseous. Luhan kept spitting into the toilet, trying to rid of the taste of puke in his mouth. He lay his head down on the toilet, his barfing coming to a stop, and he felt relief in his stomach. He stayed in that position, finding it comforting. 

He looked straight across into his room where his dirty clothes were scattered around the floor, a scene similar to a couple having rough . Luhan grinned, remembering everything that happened. Minseok, getting drunk with him, and Sehun, taking care of him. Ohhh no. He saw me too. The rush of thoughts brought back the disgusting smell of puke, and Luhan shot straight up, realizing he forgot to flush the toilet that overflowed of his mess. 

He took a handful amount of tissue and started to clean up the floor and toilet that had bits of puke remains. In the midst of his silence, and half awake consciousness, he saw a shadow to his left, inside his bedroom. A tall and slim figure passed by him outside the bathroom. It was definitely somebody. 

"Sehun?" He called out, slowly standing up, walking towards the bathroom door. He paused briefly, waiting for a response. "Sehunah?" Luhan whispered this time, his voice and his hands shaking. He slowly peered his head out of the bathroom, and slowly scanned the room. 

His heart plummeted. There was somebody there. Although they weren't visible, Luhan could see his shadow outside of his door. The shadow was not moving, and neither was Luhan. His knees became weak and his nerves began to take over him. He couldn't think straight. The shadow moved slightly every now and then as Luhan heard deep, quiet breaths that were not his.

Do something!  He yelled at himself in his mind, he was screaming, he was planning ways to escape. 

But his body, did not responsd. 

 

Hey reader, things are about to take a turn!

The new character I mentioned is completely fictional.

I updated the description because I only fixed up the plot now, but do expect angst and mystery in the near chapters. The fluff and romance will still be the main theme of the story. 😊 I know I updated really soon but, expect an update as early as tomorrow.