chapter 6

To Follow His Order

SOO YEON:

''AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!'' we squealed together. after seunggi dropped me and yoona at yoona's house (he actually wanted to stay but there was some 'business' thing that needed to be done, so that left only me and yoona)we were practically jumping together while hugging tightly in her living room. oh, how we miss each other!! how long was it? 5 years? 10 years? god, how i miss my crazy friend!

yoona's apartment was actually quite nice and warm. she knew how to decorate this place well. from her apartment, the view of the seoul city could be seen. truthfully, it is really beautiful. i can't wait to watch the view during the night! later, she brought me for a tour around the apartment. although it was not that big but at least this place is better than my real house. there was like some cozy feeling in the place that actually make me like it even more.

these are some of yoona's apartment pictures:

living room (there should be plasma tv plastered on the wall against the sofa but yeah you can just imagine it)

yoona's bedroom

Modern Single Bedroom Design Ideas for Teenager in Pink Color Scheme with Modern Decorating Furniture and Interior

sooyeon's bedroom

kitchen

 

''so...what do you think?'' she asked with glinting eyes. obviously, she knew my answer because by then i've already given a 'are you kidding' face.''are you kidding me?! this is really freaking great!!''i exclaimed happily.i walked and examined each corner around the  house with awe. ''how much actually you earn to get this kind of place?'' i'm sure my jaw was still hung open when i asked her.''this is actually not much but well...i work in a big company'' she shrugged. i think if i am still working at the village, i need to collect about three years of allowance to get this kind of place.

i continued to admire each place in the house while muttering ''you are lucky'' to my really lucky bestfriend. how she manage to get a job in that company is beyond my imagination. she always told me how difficult to get a job in that place. you need to pass a few interview and examination to get the job. damn, that actually sounds frustrating.

''so, what do you plan to do here?'' she was serving two cups of hot chocolate while ushering me to sit beside her on the oh so comfortable couch in her living room. ''what do you mean by what i plan to do here?'' i asked back. she raised one of her eyebrows and giving me the face that show 'seriously' in a mock tone.ok fine! i know that act!but like seriously? i just arrived here and now she wants me to find a job. AGAIN. urgh!! i know i should have a job in this age. god! now i sound like an old desperate woman! ''but i just arrived here..''i gave my best puppy face. maybe this can help. ''and this is not free sweetheart'' she motioned at her surrounding. did i mention that i need to pay the rent for staying here? yeah, what a friend she is right? when i asked why, she only answered with ''take this as a start for your independence day''.really touch yoona, really touch.

''you know that you are a mean person right?'' i asked her sarcastically.

''and i know you love me too'' she grinned innocently.

''i never say that i love you!'' i fought back.

''uh-uh'' she ignored me and continue to sip her chocolate milk.

''fine! i'll try to find a job tomorrow okay?'' i sighed defeatedly. this girls is seriously the death of me.

''that's my girl'' she patted my head like i am some kind of pet and went to the kitchen leaving me pouting alone. ''oh! and by the way soosoo, try to find a job that is near with my workplace so i can drop you there more easier'' she poked her head from the kitchen.

first, this girl is really demanding and irritating

second, she still call me with that name

and third, i still love her despite her annoying attitude

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV:

i was playing with a fork on the dinner table when i heard my mom calling me. ''oh myungsoo, you have arrived early. i really miss you honey'' she hugged and kissed both of my cheeks. gosh why must she treat me like i was still 5 years old. i was freaking 24 years old now. ''mom we have just met last week'' i said in a 'duh' tone.then, my father came and gave me a more father and son hug which for me a far more better than kissing at both of my cheeks. cant imagine doing that with my father. ''but it is because you are just really cute honey'' she squealed and pinched both of my cheeks. seriously, cheeks again?.''come come, lets sit first'' she pushed me and dad to sit at the dinner table. i saw my father giving me message ''she is in a happy mood'' secretly and i just answered with a rolling eyes. she is already 47 years old and still acting like a child. sometimes i am the one who need to take care of her and not vice versa.

we ate peacefully while chattering about a few things, mostly, about my daily life. but then when mom started to open this one conversation that actually lost my appetite instantly. ''so, any progress about your girl?'' mom asked while dad was showing no interest about the topic, well even i will have no interest if someone keeps talking about the same thing every minutes. ''mom, i told you to be patient'' this is like a hundredth time i tried to convince her but she still pressured me with this problem. ''but for how long? you know mom and dad are getting older, we really want to see you happy with your own wife, children, your own family. you also know how we want to have grandchildren, the house has been really silent myungsoo, well since our own son is now 24 years old'' this is the really hard part. i tried to ask help from my dad but he seemed to really ignore our conversation. yeah thanks dad.note the sarcasm.

''you know a friend of mine who owns the boutique in gangnam, mrs. lee? she actually has a really pretty daughter tha-------'' i sighed. here we go again. the next part is she will start showing picture of a few girls who she thinks will really suit my ideal type. not that she knows what is exactly my ideal type.

half an hour later, i started getting frustrated with all this nonsense. mom, well for her she still excitedly introducing me with her chosen girls and dad, he was nowhere to be seen. maybe he was frustrated too and escaped from the room earlier.''mom..'' i held my mom's hand as a sign to stop her from showing me the next picture.''err, i think you can stop now..'' i tried to collect all of the girls' pictures that were scattered on the table and arranged them properly before handing it to mom.''but there still----'' i cut my mom by holding her hands and look at her sincerely. now what? i really need to find any excuse to escape this situation.think myung soo! think!

''i already have a girl'' i blurted.

what the hell!!! how can those words possibly slipped from my mouth. i dared myself to look at mom's expression and she look exactly just like when someone is looking at a ghost. unfortunately, the ghost at that time was me. ''w-what? r-really?'' she asked hopefully. i swear i almost saw tears in her eyes. great! now i'm going to lie to my own mom. ''y-yes, o-of course, i'm just finding the right time to tell you'' i tried to shrug casually. suddenly, mom hugged me tightly that it really suffocated me while squealing and jumping happily. i was awkwardly moving along since mom was spinning me during the hug.

''you should really bring her to meet me okay?'' she said happily. ''s-sure, why not'' this is wrong. i am digging my own grave right now. ''okay, how about this sunday?'' she was now practically jumping in exciteent infront of me.''s-sur---wait WHAT?like THIS sunday?'' i asked with wide eyes. she only answered me with nodding her head vigorously.

i was still thinking about quick reply when suddenly mom opened both of her arms towards me.

''promise me?'' she asked with hopefullness in her eyes. gosh, i feel really guilty right now.

i sighed defeatedly. ''promise'' i hugged her feeling more guilty.

now, how in the world i can find a girlfriend in a week?