Cool Kids

A Collection of One Shots Volume IV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  2014   Jinyoung sat in front of his computer starting blankly at the screen with the word untitled written in large font. Once again he was procrastinating and his editor will have his head in a silver platter and serve it to his publisher if he doesn't hand in his rough draft. Jinyoung took a sip of his coffee and looked at the time it was six in the evening, he had been sitting in front of the computer for more than three hours. A loud obnoxious knock brought him out of his daze.    "I came to check on you." his editor Jong strutted in liked he owned the place.    "Well no progress." Jinyoung didn't bother to look at him. He opened the drawer of his desk in hopes he would find a hidden cigarette.    "I threw them all out, you know she doesn't like you smoking." Jong looked at the screen, a frustrated sigh escaped his lips.    Jinyoung payed no attention to the slightly older man that was cursing him out. He had come across a picture he thought had been lost with his move to the big city of Seoul. He looked much younger and livelier. Then a sudden idea popped in his head.    "Jong go away, I need to be alone." Jinyoung pushed his editor away then grabbed his wrist with a hard pull. "Wait."    "What?" Jong looked irritated yet relieved that Jinyoung was getting inspired to write.    "Get me some beer, those American cupcakes snacks and a pack of cigarettes." Jinyoung demanded his fingers typing at such a fast speed. He needed to hurry before his ideas left his inconsistent brain.    "I'll get everything else but the cigarettes."    "Don't bring the cigarettes I won't hand in my manuscript." he threatened.    "Dammit Jinyoung, I didn't by them for you. Got it?" Jong said slamming the door behind him.    -   1997   Being seventeen and in Busan were nothing very thrilling happened was typical for Jinyoung. He lived a mundane life hoping that a rush of adrenaline will intoxicate his blood and set him free even if it was just for a while. He walked the pavement streets, he was going back home form the last day of school. Jinyoung wished he had been a bit more social but his lack of people skills and shy personality didn't help much. He suddenly looked up only to find a slow beat up car driving slowly next to him.    "Hey Jin lets go for a ride." the loud voice of one of his few friends filled the air. Jaebum was what people considered a delinquent but to Jinyoung he was just misunderstood. Jinyoung only talked to Jaebum in class or a casual nod when they bumped pass each other in the halls.    "I don't know man, I would have to let my mom know." Jinyoung wasn't one to make his parents worry. Jaebum let out a hearty laugh then he reached to open the door to the car.    "Come on, have some fun once in a while."    Jinyoung pondered on the thought. It really wouldn't hurt and he could ask to stop by his home, he still needed to change from his uniform. Not thinking any further he got in the car.    "Can we stop by my house first?"    -   2014   "Here." Jong set the stuff on the floor.    Jinyoung waved his hand, he briefly looked away form the screen and took the pack of cigarettes. He opened his drawer and took out a lighter that hadn't been used for a long time.    "Thanks." he murmured then took a drag from his cigar. He went back to work the memories still fresh in his mind.    -   1997   "I'll be home late." Jinyoung had one foot out the door as he yelled at his mother goodbye.   "Where are you going?" his mother a pale woman with rough hand from working in the factories asked him.    "A friend invited me on a ride in his car."    "Just be careful." his mom smiled at him a warm motherly smile.    "See you later." Jinyoung yelled already out the door.    When he stepped in the car he didn't recognize the music being played but it sounded foreign. Jaebum bopped his head to the music starting the car all at the same time. Something caught Jinyoungs eye, a sparkle form the back seat and a soft kick to his chair. He turned around and laying in the back seat was a girl or more specifically Jaebums girl, Bae Suji. Suji was known for her innocent look and carefree spirit. Jinyoung looked at her, her black hair was sprawled all over the seat and a cd player laid on her stomach.    "You know Suji, right?" Jaebum asked.    Jinyoung wasn't surprised that Suji was with him. He actually thought they were gonna go pick her up. Jinyoung looked at her one last time before facing forward.    "Just by name never really talked." Jinyoung said.    "Oh that's right every time I talk to you it's usually in class. Well that's Suji." Jaebum said his fingers drumming to the beat of the song.    "So where are we going?"    "Anywhere." Jaebum smirked. "Put your seat belt on."    -   2014   Jinyoung needed air, too many memories kept rushing in his brain. He sat out in the balcony the summer air hitting his cheek. He pulled the picture from out of his pocket. He was so young and naive then. Jinyoung cracked a smile, then went back to his computer.    "Where are you guys know?" Jinyoung asked himself out loud.    -   1997   Something tickled his shoulder, they have been driving for awhile that the sudden action startled Jinyoung. Suji had woken up and was know whispering something to Jaebum who was driving extremely fast for Jinyoungs liking. He suddenly came to close contact with Sujis face. She looked passive, Jinyoung could smell the faint smell of shampoo and cigarettes coming from her.    "Who are you?" she asked her face much closer to his now. Her nose was centimeters away form his, Jinyoung could feel his cheeks burning.    "That's Jinyoung the kid I was telling you about." Jaebum spoke up.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter