{A}

'amour'

"Hello? Is this Mr Kwon house?" The caller asked.

"Yes, I'm his wife. Who's on the line?"

"This is a call from doremi hospital. Madam, your husband had involved in an accident and we tried our best to save him but it was too late. I'm sorry for your lost, could you come over to verify the corpse?"

The telephone slipped out of her hand as she dropped to the ground after receiving the news. A loud 'BAM' was heard. A five years old girl who was in her room playing with her barbie ran out to see her mum sobbing hardly.

"Mama?"  She softly called, frighten at the sight. 

Her mum looked up with her swollen eyes and pulled her daughter into a hug. 

>>>>> 

That night was a tough night, the mother lost her husband, the daughter lost her father and the family lost their stable income. Days passed, so was the funeral, however, Mrs Kwon still could not accept the reality that her husband had gone for good. After a week, she was too scared and had lost faith in raising her daughter well and hence she decided to run away.  

"My poor child, I'm sorry for being such a coward and selfish. I will be back......please wait for me..." 

The door went 'click', the little girl was still sleeping soundly without knowing anything. Morning came, sunlight filtered through the white curtains and shined onto her face. She fidgeted and was soon awake. 

"Mama...." She called out but there wasn't any answer. 

She ran out of her room and constantly calling her mother, her mother was no longer there. She was all alone. 

"DING DONG!" The door bell rang.

The little girl smiled thinking it was her mum coming back from her morning errands.

"Mama!" She called out as she opened the door but frowned as the lady standing in front of her was not her mum but her aunt. 

>>>>>

"______, mama had told me to take care of you. You are going to live here with me, uncle Kwon and Ji Yong oppa until mama come to pick you, alright?" Aunt Kwon, your father sister announced.

 You nodded as you held in your tears,  at the age of five, although you are still young but you understand what your aunt had told you. Your mum had ran away. You were no longer at your house, your aunt had brought you back home along with your luggage. 

"Alright then, go and play with Ji Yong oppa!" She smiled as she hinted her son to keep you company. 

"Ani, I'm tired. Can I go to bed, please?" You asked politely.

"Of course! You must be tired, come I will bring you to your room." 

She carried you up the stairs and entered a simple yet cosy room. Aunt Kwon put you down on the bed and tucked you in nicely.

"Sleep darling, I will always be here when you need me. Pudding for dessert tonight!" She said and kissed you on the forehead before leaving the room.