Jessica, Wait I III

I'm Sorry, Taeyeon

*Flashback*

Taeyeon's POV

"Jessica what??" Tiffany almost shouted into my ear as I told the members that Jessica is planning on leaving the group. Most of the members were at the dorm except Jessica, Yuri, and Yoona who were spending their time at their parents' house. We were all crowded around the sofa set and the television was on. The television was broadcasting live news, and with nothing interesting on it, it just continued as background noise.

"Ouch...." I covered my ears but my ear drums were still shaking from the piercing high-pitched exclamation from Tiffany.

"Why???!" Sooyoung added in and it made my head spin with another deafening voice adding in. "Yah yah yah!! You two!! Do you want to die?" Sunny yelled at them.

"Calm down, I'm sure there's a logical explanation to this..." Seohyun mumbled.

"Yeah, she better have one before I break her neck." Hyoyeon added in, albeit half-jokingly while cracking her knuckles.

"I can't reveal the reason, but perhaps we can try persuading her to stay?" I suggested.

The members nodded, thinking deep. "But how are we going to do that without knowing the reason why she wants to leave?" Seohyun asked.

I fell silent, and I knew I must reveal the reason. "We can keep reminding her of the promises she made with us and somehow retain her goals with us, and also fulfilling Lee Soo Man's dreams," Sunny chipped in a split second before I said anything, leaving me choking my first syllable in the air. Whew, thanks, Sunny.

"What did you want to say?" Sunny asked, referring to my unspoken words.

"Well, you exactly spoke my mind, so never mind me." I hastily replied.

 ----------------

Taeyeon's POV

"Jessica, why don't you stay for a bit longer? Your contract only ends next year anyways. It would be Girls' Generation's 9th anniversary next year and 9 makes a special number for the fans as well. We can then have a proper farewell party for you then."

 "Besides, our promises to stay as Girls' Generation for as long as we can!" I added.

"And your promise to us as best friends forever!" Yuri said.

"Unnie, also, your contract hasn't end yet..." Seohyun frowned her eyebrows.

"I know, but..." Jessica trailed off, trying her best to explain without spilling the beans.

"Your company shouldn't be the reason you're leaving, Jessica." Hyoyeon was clenching her jaws.

"Yeah. Unnie, do you hate being a part of us so much?" Yoona mumbled, her words hardly heard.

"Teacher Lee Soo Man planned for us to take over Asia and we're not even reaching there yet as well!" Sunny said. Although we could see that she was dragging Lee Soo Man in because he is her uncle, we know that it's true and also something that she made up to persuade Jessica to stay.

Jessica was looking down and we know she couldn't face us. She was guilty as well for leaving earlier than planned.

"Jessica, just one more year. You know that if you leave immediately, it would hurt the fans, yourself, the team, and even the company." The SM representative was trying to keep her in as well.

By now, Jessica was tearing up and sniffing her nose. As the members see her tear up, they did the same. I tried to be strong, and tried to hold my tears and said, "Jessica, we don't want you to go. Please stay, even for a little longer."

"I... I... Thank you guys.. Let m-me.. think about it again. Please give me some more time to rethink it over." Jessica finally held her head up with tears all over her face and wiping them off with her hands.

I eyed her, trying to console her through my eyes, but she wasn't looking my way.

-----------------------

Jessica's POV

"Yes, yes, I-I just need more time. Sorry, I'll get back to you soon." I hung up the phone and sighed. The recent stress and pressure are overwhelming and I could only look towards Soojung and grumble, "Yet another call from the company."

I hopped towards my bed and laid beside Soojung. We both looked at the ceiling, calling out for the heavens to help solve our problem.

God... If only the Gods would hear us out... The Ancient Ancestors created humans, angels, us, and just left. I believed they withdrew when they knew it wasn't a balanced world they created and left in a hurry, leaving us in a chaos and war with the Underworld, the original habitants of Earth..

"So what now, unnie?" Soojung her sides and faced me.

"I guess a year more wouldn't hurt, would it?" I gently smiled and pat her head to sleep.

------------------------

"Jessica, after weeks of discussing, we plan a farewell party for you next year after the end of the fifth full album promotions. We appreciate your hard work all this time and it is a pity that we have to see you go. But in anycase, after your contract ends, you can renew your contract with us still even if not as a member of Girls' Generation. " The SM representative said as he faced all 9 members of Girls' Generation. They were all in a conference room at SM Entertainment and seated around a table.
 "Can you stay until then?" He continued.

Jessica showed a sign of hesitance but silently nodded. All the members were tensed in the current situation. All were wearing a serious look and did not talk. It was like they were called in as the jury of a court case with Jessica being the defendant and the representative was the judge.

"All of you agree to this plan?" The representative asked the eight members and they just nodded their head as Jessica did.

"Good. I have other matters to attend to. I'll take my leave now." The representative stood up and left the 9 members in the meeting room.

"Jessica, are you really leaving?" Yoona pouted at Jessica, eyes brimed with tears. "We have been friends for so long, I will really miss without having you around." Yuri added. As all the other members crowded around her, Jessica eyed Taeyeon but not speaking anything.

-----------------

A week later...

"Jessica, it's important. Can I come over?" A man's voice cackled over the handphone of Jessica's.

"Yes, sure." Jessica said and opened the door to welcome the guest coming over.

In a few seconds, a wisp of silvery white from outside the door rushed in and the door was shut by the unknown energy entering the house.

"What is it?" Jessica said as a man formed from the silvery white wisp emerged.

"The Underworld has started their movement. Genocides, riots, and terrorism are happening at a higher rate recently. Hangeng said we have to start acting soon. It's really urgent and I hope you leave SM as soon as possible like I did too." Yi Fan was wearing his traditional Night Hunter costume of a black shirt with a 吴(Wu) emblem and dark purplish long coat paired with pants embroided with a silver white dragon on each side.

"But the company told me to stay until next year." Jessica said as Yi Fan sat down on a couch in the living room.

"Yi Fan, do you need any drinks?" Jessica's mom came and ask.

"Can I have some fox blood?" Yi Fan asked.

"Yes, sure, I'll go prepare some."

"Thanks, aunt." Yi Fan leaned forward, and hands clasped together, ready for a deep discussion with Jessica.

Inhaling a deep breath, Yi Fan said, "The Underworld don't wait, Jessica. You know that."

Jessica sighed and frustratedly spoke, "Why is my life so difficult?! I guess you are right, I will speak to the company and my group members again to figure something out."

"Thanks Jessica, but I still don't get why are you bothering to discuss with humans when they don't even know about our existence."

"Just because they are humans, doesn't mean I don't have feelings for them. After all, I joined the company since I was a kid. It has become a second family for me. I don't want to just abandon it."

Just then, Jessica's mother entered with a bowl and left it in front of Yi Fan. "Let me know if you need more."

"No need, aunt. That's quite a lot. Thank you." Yi Fan took a sip from the bowl and smiled.

After Jessica's mother left the living room, Yi Fan faced Jessica and spoke, "Fine, just let me know whenever you are ready."

"That would be whenever you see the headlines." Jessica chuckled bitterly.

"Perhaps your way could really avoid a lot of troubles. Especially legal issues." Yi Fan shook his head, thinking about what he is going through recently.

"And perhaps a leeway back to the group." There was a hint of hope in her voice but also hesitancy.