I'm Sorry Taeyeon II

I'm Sorry, Taeyeon

“Jessica!” Taeyeon called out from the dining table while seated. Everyone was already eating dinner at the dining table in the dorm at the long rectangle table.

“Coming!” Jessica opened the door from her room and with one hand on her phone, she quickly said, “Bye bye! I have to go. I’ll call you again… Eung… Take care of yourself.” With that, she ended the call. Jessica then hopped over to the seat beside Taeyeon and while her two arms pillared over her chair, she opened widely. “Ah~”

“Go get yourself a spoon, Sica. You’re not a cat. Shoo!” Taeyeon shoved her away while continued to slurp in the kimchi stew she was consuming.

Yuri then bent over from the other side of the table and inserted a spoonful of rice into Jessica’s mouth. “There , there Jessicat.”

*Flashback*

“My father is human but my mother is an angel. They met when my mother was my father’s guardian angel.”
Being too thirsty for blood, Jessica only nodded slightly, careful not to hurt Taeyeon.
Taeyeon then explained, “I guess being half-angel makes me have half of the abilities too. I only inherited the ability to sense but I don’t have the ability cast a protection on you just now.” 

[A/N: Angels can only sense the type of human or creature and provide blessings; they cannot defend humans or fight for them.]

Jessica felt a bit better and lifted her head up at Taeyeon and gasped after coming back to sense. “Why did you let me drink your blood? No! This didn’t just happen!”

“Sooyeon-ah!” Just then, Jessica’s parents called out from the other side. They decided to walk instead of activating their ability as they might attract the attention of other creatures at the peak of the night.

“Mommy! Daddy!” Jessica called out.

Jessica’s mother then quickly walked over and handed her a bottle of blood, thinking that Jessica somehow managed her blood level. While Taeyeon was greeting her parents, she turned to her back and gulped down the blood as she winced from the pain from the scratch by the werewolf earlier.

After Jessica wiped with the back of her hand, she quickly covered a wound with one side of her arm. She didn’t want her parents or Taeyeon to overreact. She managed a smile and handed Taeyeon a bottle from the bag in her mother hands.

“Um.... I think you need to keep this with you for now.”

Meanwhile, Jessica’s mother and father raised an eyebrow and eyed her questioningly. 

“Jessie, what for are you giving THAT to her?” asked Jessica’s mother, implying that it wasn’t something that can be given to Taeyeon.

“Let’s go back home first, I’ll explain it later.” Jessica quickly said and walked on, in hope of delaying the questions shooting from her parents.

Jessica grabbed on to Taeyeon’s arm free of the bottle and pulled her along with her, walking a bit fast and left behind her parents to walk at the back.

“I’m not sure about how much you know about us, but. You could just let me be paralysed back there! My parents were expecting me, so they could have deliver blood to me anyways. It’s not like I would die immediately!!” Jessica hushed to Taeyeon.

**

“Dear, didn’t I tell you to fight for Sooyeon’s right to have a mobile phone in their contract when you went with Sooyeon? Look! Now it seems like something major happened.” Jessica’s mother complained to Jessica’s father.

“Well, a lot of things were in my mind at the time and I forgot. Weren’t their companies supposed to also sponsor them a phone?” Jessica’s father scratched the back of his head.

“Whether or not the company is giving them one, I did ask you to double check it before letting Sooyeon sign that contract, didn’t I? Now we have to wait until the contract expires and request to add that in!” 

“Well, you should have gone that day if you keep on rambling like this.”

“I would have if I didn’t know you would be that careless!”

“I wasn’t careless; I’m Jessica’s father too, for God’s sake. I care for my daughter too.” 

“Then you should have taken care of the contract well.”

“I did, didn’t I managed to convince Lee Sooman that Jessica to be allowed to at least come back home every fortnight?”

“But how did it end up? It became she has to do it without letting the other members know!” Jessica’s mother didn’t like the fact that Jessica has to sneak out like a thief when she has done nothing wrong and she was always delayed since she has to wait for her other members to sleep. In the end, Jessica lacks sleep, and so does her parents when they have to work the next day.

“It’s better than nothing!” Father’s opinion: As long as what her daughter needs is fulfilled, he’s okay with it.

“You were the one who insisted that you can handle the whole contract.”

“And you were the one who trusted me to handle it.” Jessica’s father ended the argument like putting a full stop punctuation.

**

Jessica and Taeyeon by then have already opened the door into their house. (PIN number lock, hurray for no keys). 

They reached the porch and Taeyeon was one step ahead, quickly slipped off her shoes and went in the interior of the house.

Jessica was about to discuss with Taeyeon about how they were going to cover up the whole story from earlier in the night and also her wounds when Taeyeon found out about it too when they were walking back home. However, she then heard some rummaging from in the house as she was taking off her shoes. Opening of cupboards, closing them. Opening of drawers, closing them. Opening the fridge, wait, what?

“It’s okay, Taeyeon, I’ll just take a shower. Come with me before my parents reach home. Quickly.”

“You sure about this, Sica?” Taeyeon then shut the fridge while she gets a packet of ice cream out. “Ooh, I love it when you have these.” She was finding the first aid kit but ended up searching the fridge. Blame Jessica for not telling her where it is.

“You know what? You really are Taeyeon when you see ice cream. Especially at this time. Especially when I am in this condition and you in this condition.” Jessica coldly said and swiftly went up to the shower room, shut the door, and locked it.

“Hey! Jessica, you’re supposed to tell me how to cover it up!” Taeyeon yelled while running up the stairs even though she was already late.

“What ‘cover up’ are you speaking of?” Jessica’s father boomed with his deep voice.

“Oh, ah, ahjussi, it’s nothing. Oh, I was asking Jessica about covering up… for… for… my parts of Oh!! My parts of the song for our next performance!” 

“You do know we aren’t going to fall for that, right?” Jessica’s mother said.

“Sit down and tell us what actually happened.” Jessica’s father said in an authoritative tone.

“And before that, tell me where is that Jung Sooyeon hiding.” Jessica’s mother added.

Taeyeon cursed at Jessica under her breath and then quickly tell her that Jessica was in the shower room.

**

Jessica locked the door and opened the cupboard under the sink. 

First aids… she hate those… Nevertheless, she took out the first aid kit and placed it on top of the shut toilet bowl cover. 
She took off the cardigan she was wearing earlier and placed it aside. The blood of her wounds has stained it too. “Gosh…”

Jessica winced as she lifted her white tee just high enough to see the wound. As she lifted her shirt, it was as if she was tearing off a protection cover off a screen. She didn’t want to experience her shirt sticking onto her wound again as it hurt, she tied a knot midway of the shirt. 

“What ‘cover up’ are you speaking of?” She heard her father’s voice downstairs and quickly grabbed a towel hanging hooked on the inside of the door. She drenched the towel at the sink and cleaned her wounds. With every dab, she could only hiss from the pain or her parents would overreact and rush up that instant. "Taeyeon, buy me more time while I think!" she muttered under her breath while she proceeded to bandage her wounds to stop bleeding. Little did she know that her mother was already heading towards her.

**

“About what happened…” Taeyeon paused and the ice cream. She just couldn’t help being weak when there’s ice cream in such a serious situation.

"Yes?" Jessica's father asked, feeling a little impatient.

"Ah...ju....ssi....... I..."

"Just spit it out already."

**

*Knock* *Knock*

"Brilliant... Just in time." Jessica pressed the flush button even though there was no use for it and looked into the mirror as her eyes changed colour back to normal. She patiently the tap water while she opened the cupboard door and put the first aid kit where it was before and gently shut the cupboard door. 

Hopefully the flushing sounds would cover the sound of shutting the cupboard door.

"Jung Sooyeon!" Her mother shouted over the door.

"Yeah yeah..." 

Giving herself the last checks on the mirror, she muttered into her reflection, "Looking calm, good, hope this works."

**

"Uh.." 

Park... Werewolf... Jessica... Fight... Jessica... Blood... Eat... Ice cream... Yum... ... Lips... Kiss.. Kiss?!

"Jessica agreed to dat-" started Taeyeon.

**

"Yes, mommy?" She opened the door and greeted her mother with a wide smile.

"First, explain Taeyeon, then the cover up."

"What cover up?"

"The one Taeyeon yelled just now." 

"Hehe."

"First, tell me why you handed her that bottle just now!"

"Jessica, date? You?" Jessica's father exclaimed.

His voice rang across the house and travelled into Jessica's mother's ears.

Kim Taeyeon, what are you thinking?! It gets worse this way!!

Jessica's mother widened her eyes and then narrowed them. 
"You have more explaining to do, Jung Sooyeon."

Grabbing Jessica by her arm, Jessica's mother dragged Jessica to where Taeyeon and her father were seated.

"Sit. Talk. Clearly and everything." Jessica's father said.

Jessica glared at Taeyeon, trying to communicate her frustration at Taeyeon.

Then, it dawned Taeyeon. 

Oh no.... we are not supposed to date... especially when it isn't long after our debut. Jessica's parents liked the idea of that when SM suggested the idea to make Jessica focus in her career too. 

Finished with her ice cream, her ice cream stick fell to the floor from her hands by the realisation. Jessica then gave her the 'realise-it-now-huh?' look.

Jessica, fearing her own career and friendship as Girls' Generation and with Girls' Generation, then surrendered.

"Fine, fine, I'll explain everything truthfully. I am not dating Kim Taeyeon. Nor am I in love with her, whatsoever."

So Jessica explained everything, skipping the part where she got injured. When she finally said it all, her mother sharply pointed out, "And the cover up Taeyeon was talking about is?"

"Uh....." Jessica managed and got up. 

"Ughh~~ Well, it's late n-" She stretched her arms and pretended to yawn.

"Ugh!" Her own carelessness led to? Her own pain and misery.

Taeyeon stood up too and standing by Jessica's side, pointed at Jessica's stomach area.

Before the parents could react, Jessica yelled at Taeyeon. "Hey!! Aren't you tired? Let's go sleep now!" Grabbing Taeyeon by her arm just like how her mother grabbed her earlier and dragged Taeyeon upstairs to her room.

"Good night Mommy and Daddy!" Jessica said as she head towards her room while dragging Taeyeon along.

"This kid..." Jessica's father shook his head and palmed his face.

"I'll go take care of her wounds when she's asleep. She seriously needs to work out more than singing than dancing, Soojung doesn't even get as much injuries in fights," Jessica's mother simply said.

As sharp-eyed as an eagle, she earlier had spotted a shade of bandage across Jessica's wounds when Taeyeon had pointed it out even though Jessica has her cardigan buttoned all up and not wearing her top anymore.

**Flashback end**

"Heehee... Yuri-jjang!" Jessica smiled with her eyes curving. 

"Fany, can you do your eye-smile for me? Yours twinkle so much brighter than hers." Taeyeon sweetly requested to the girl opposite her.

"You two are so cute!" Tiffany smiled, her eye-smiles all in the glory.

“By the way, Taeyeon, you have to come with me later.” Jessica said as Yuri handed her a spoon and a bowl of rice. 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “But I thought I don’t need to?”

“Just to make sure…” Jessica buried her head down, avoiding Taeyeon’s gaze.

**

So it seemed that Taeyeon’s angelic blood was more dominant than the Night Hunter blood. She doesn’t need blood like Night Hunters do but sometimes Jessica would still ask her to go by her house to have a check on her blood levels in case they do drop. 

Meanwhile, Jessica was still feeling sorry that Taeyeon was in this situation. But she was angrier towards Taeyeon for letting herself drink Taeyeon’s blood. Taeyeon insisted that a paralysis was a risk and that a risk was danger and dangers have to be avoided.