Jessica, Wait I

I'm Sorry, Taeyeon

I'm sorry, Taeyeon

The words she have said long before rang in my ears. It wasn't the first time she apologized. We had countless times of arguments and even just minor incidents, she would say sorry.

"Sorry!" she said when she bumped into me when we practiced for Gee.

"Sorry!" she whispered when I accidentally sat on her hand in an interview for Oh!.

"Sorry!" she nodded her head apologetically when she forgot I am allergic to nuts

"Sorry!" she mouthed when she accidentally stepped on my foot when we were changing formation in The Boys.

The numerous images of those times played in my mind as I shaded the little drawings with life in my colouring book in my room. Unnoticedly, I wore a small smile while humming a tune of my own.

The door swung open just enough for Jessica's head to pop in. "Taeyeon?"

I fell off my chair seeing that her head was dangling off in mid-air as the rest of the body was covered by the door.

"Taeyeon! Are you OK?" she rushed over to me and helped me out.

"Yes, haha, glad you are too. Gosh, that was one hella scare." I chuckled to myself for my foolishness.

"Anyways, what are you doing at the dorm?" I asked. It was not the promotion period and ever since the incident last time, her parents have managed to persuade the change of contract including the clause for Jessica to stay at home rather than at the dorm. However, the company had requested her to live in the dorm during promotions period and she quickly obliged, in much resistance to her parents. She wanted to stay at the dorm, but well, her parents wasn't the type who would listen to her. In any other way, Jessica argued that she needs to be with the members at least during promotion period so they would not appear like strangers on interviews and such. Though it was mostly pointless, since in the end, she still stayed quietly in her room just as I was.

We do different things, but we are similar. She naps. I play games on my phone. She plays with her phone. I paint my nails. She goes online browsing. I update my Instagram.

Jessica came closer and shut the door.

"I'm sorry, but I have reached the age of 25 and... it is time I have to engage in inter-global issues... um... concerning the balance between.... the underworld and Earth...and heavens...so... um... I have to... withdraw from Girls' Generation..."

I looked at her curiously, waiting for more explanation. "So... you are going to save the world... from ???"

"Evil never perishes, demons and devils always realm on Earth... It's them that drives the cruelty maniac and lusted psychopaths.."

I fought my urge to go into berserk mood hearing the sudden departure. "Then does it matter to fight them if they won't perish anyway?"

"Yes... If I don't, humanity will be gone as they accummulate in this world..." Jessica looked down, not wanting to look me in the eyes.

"Why do you have to take part in all this madness at the age of 25?!" I nearly spoke aloud but I was reminded that the other members might hear.

"It has been a tradition for centuries... It's the age when we Night Hunters, fully mature and grasp enough knowledge and strength to be able to fight them as well as watching over the humans. You know, I once even asked my parents what about Angels, and..." Jessica paused and looked at me, wondering if she should continue.

"...and?" I wanted to know as well because my parents avoided talking those stuff with me.

[A/N: Night-Hunters gains energy from blood and may kill humans or animals for blood, sort of like in-between Angels and Underworld. Angels can only sense the type of human or creature and provide blessings such as longer life or healing but different types of Angels has different abilities that basically acts like an onlooker who does not interfere.]

"And they said angels are just for decoration and creatures from the Underworld are like 5-year-old kids trying to spoil everything, taking humans as their toys. Worst of all, we, Night-Hunters have to take care of everything like adults. Keeping the Angels and humans nicely kept away from the Underworld."

[A/N: Keep in mind Night-Hunters are neutral, Jessica's parents are on the good side of Night-Hunters]

"Why don't the angels just bless every single human?"

"Because even after being blessed, the underworld creatures have their own spells and magic to break them. Unless the angel stays by them like a guardian angel, humans are vulnerable to dark antics. And the fact that the angel population is less than the human population don't help much." Jessica said as a matter-of-factly.

"So your sister will also be withdrawing from f(x) in a few years' time?"

"Yes."

"When are you able to be like your parents and stay out of the business?"

"Well, the peak time of our strength is 25-30 years old. After that, we are free to do what we want."

"I don't like this idea... It doesn't explain your relationship with Taylor Kwon."

"Tyler, not Taylor."

"Oops. Must have been because of Taylor Swift.. Heh..."

"Anyways, he is a family friend of mine and our fashion business is an undercover for me to travel the world. I'm aiming for the leaders of the Underworld with his broad financial resources. Hopefully that will cease their activities for a few decades. Too bad his peak time is over. He was so into love with a Hong Kong singer and actress that he just ditched this world."

"A douchebag helping you? I still don't see how he is good enough to help you."

"Taeyeon, his whole ancestory owes my family. It's hard to explain but it's a debt his whole life has to repay. I needed his financial resources, and that's it. I won't let him do anything to me. Not that he can, anyway."

I chuckled. "Fine, but promise me to come back alright?"

"That... I can't guarantee."

Before I could ask for an explanation, her eyes turned into ice crystal blue and charged out of the window of my room, float on the ground and zoomed out of sight.

"Jessica, wait I..." I trailed off, knowing that she would not hear me. I still have a thousand of words in my mind to tell her. That moment was when I actually wished I am the angel with telepathic ability.

Just then, I hear footsteps shuffling and the loud voice of Sooyoung and Tiffany coming in through the door.

Sigh. I guess Jessica would not want to explain the situation to the other members and I have to be the one to do it. Always a difficult task to do as a leader. I dragged myself towards the door to the living room.