Midnight

Fame (Hiatus) HIRING CO-AUTHOR

 

Author's POV:

 

What the heck, jerk. She thought. She can't believe about what happened recently when they were on the dance floor. She can't deny the fact that she was trashtalked by the oh-so-famous-slash-american-boy Kim Jong In aka Kai.

 

 

The show just ended and its already midnight. All the guests from the hall are slowly leaving, some maintenance, hotel's housekeepers are starting to clean the room while Yoona is still inside of the hall, searching for someone. There, she saw Jung Eunhye, Jung Yonghwa's older sister. "Unnie." Yoona said then Eunhye turned around with a smile on her face. "Unnie? Uhm.. Have you seen Seohyun?"

"Oh~ Seohyun? Oh... uhm... Yonghwa drive her home about 1 hour ago." 

"Jjinja?" Yoona's mouth agaped. Aw. My bestfriend left me here without a word. She sighed in dissappointment.

"Yeah~ Oh we have to go now with my appa okay? Take care." Eunhye said while clinging to her father then went now to the exit.

 

 

I'm alone. She thought before she heaved a sigh, realizing the fact that her bestfriend named Seo Joo Hyun is not at her side.

 

 

Yoona went now toward to the exit, then as she stepped outside, a deep male voice calling her from her back. "Ms. Im?" Yoona heard a familiar voice so she turned around. then she saw the familiar figure standing about few meters behind her. "Ms. Im, you're alone?"

"Kai-ssi, go home now with Mr. Choi. And I'm not alone, seriously. I can take a cab." Yoona said to Kai then Yoona glanced back to the view outside of the hotel while Kai began walking toward her with his hands were inside the jean's pocket.

"How about your receptonist friend?" Kai asked after while his eyebrow rose. 

"Drunk. I sent her home about 40 minutes ago." Yoona said in monotone while her arms crossed on her chest. "Where's Mr. Choi?" Kai  made it now to Yoona's side.

"Went to a restroom for a moment." Yoona just nodded, waiting eagerly for the cab.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

"I'll take you home." 

"Mwo?" Yoona glanced to her left side, still her arms crossed. Kai just glanced to Yoona then he took her hand, dragging her again. "Hyah?!" Jjinja? What about now?" 

"I'll take you home. Bad guys everywhere and its dangerous." Kai said, dragging her to the other side then the two made it now to the car with Mr. Choi standing beside it.

"Oh Yoona-ssi..." Mr. Choi said.

"Mr. Choi wouldn't mind if he'll take you home too." Kai said after he released Yoona from his grip.

"Well, I wouldn't mind though." Mr. Choi said. "Get in." He said with a smile on his face.

"Mr. Choi, it's okay. Uhm... I'll just go and take------" Someone cuts Yoona's sentence.

"Don't be stubborn, Ms. Im. Its dangerous outside. We can take you home." Kai said after he opened the door for her. While Yoona gave him a glare then sighed.

"You cut my sentence again." Yoona said then gets in the car.

"Oh no, I didn't." Kai said with a smirked on his face then closed the door.


 

At Im's residence:

 

 

The car stopped by at the infront of Yoona's house. Kai got out first from the car then he was about to opened the door for Yoona, the latter opened it then got out. "I'ts okay. I can manage it by myself." Yoona said while Kai just stood there beside the car. "Opening the door is not that hard." Yoona said with a smile then Kai just closed the door. "Thanks for the ride guys." Yoona said after she stepped infront of the gate.

"Don't mention it. And oh, you have to thank Kai first for being thoughtful though." Mr. Choi who is still on behind the steering wheel winked at Yoona while the latter glanced to Kai.

"Thank you." Yoona said to Kai then the latter chuckled while rubbing his ear.

"What? I can't hear you." Kai said in a teasing manner.

"Just go home." Yoona rolled her eyes then turned around to open the door. She even heard a chuckle behind her.

"You almost forgot." Kai said as he opened the door, picked the paperbag inside from the car then handed over to Yoona. The latter glanced back to Kai then she saw the object that he's handing. "Give it back to him, neh?" Kai said as he produced a smirk.

"Persistent." Yoona said to Kai after she took the paperbag from him then the famous man just rolled his eyes then get in the car.

"Bye Ms. Im." Kai said with a smile while waving his hand out of the window then Yoona just shook her head then after awhile, she waved her hand, slightly.

"Bye Yoona-ssi." Mr. Choi said as he pulled the engine then drove away.

 

 

Yoona made it now inside of their house after she closed the door. Suddenly, she heard a weird sound, more like a sound of someone clearing the throat. "Ahem~" Yoona turned around over her shoulder then become surprised. 

"Eomma??? You scared me!" Yoona said as she placed her hand on her chest after she saw her mom sitting on a sofa. Mrs. Im is wearing a pink night robe with her hair down while her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Who is he? He's so handsome." Mrs. Im grinned as she crossed her legs.

"Oh~ Mom, I'm her assistant for the company in 2 months. That's all." Yoona said whole-heartedly then she received a hum by her mom then she put the paperbag on the chair.

"Jjinja? Ah~ I thought you're hiding something from us." Mrs. Im grinned as she stood up.

"Hiding?"

"Yeah~ Well, I thought he is your boyfriend. Too bad you guys are not in a relationship." Yoona's mouth went agaped as if she became shocked about wheat her mother said.

"Err... Mom, it's just-----"

"Oh honey~ It's okay. Oh~ maybe you guys are friends for now, right? But you know what honey, love begins in one hello. Lovers begins in just 'friends'."  Mrs. Im chuckled for a bit then heaved a sigh. "You two are so cute to be together." 

"Mom? I think you don't understand-----"

"I understand, honey. Okay honey, I'll go to sleep now. Goodnight." Mrs. Im kissed her daughter's cheek before going upstairs then left her daughter dumbfounded.

 

 

Why is everybody here really likes to cut my lines? 

 

 


 

Meanwhile:

 

Kai threw himself on the bed after washed and changed into a comfortable, sleeping clothes. Kai seems frustrated as he ruffles his hair in confusion. What's wrong with me?

 

I don't know what I'm doing. 

Why did I do that?

 

Then he remembers something.

 

 

Flashback:

 

"Oh Kai, you're here now. The car is here." Mr. Choi said as he walked towards Kai. 

"Oh really?" Kai said then he saw a girl behind his manager's back.

"Unnie?! What are you doing here?" Hyuna suddenly came in the scene with the coffee on her hands.

"Hi Hyuna." Yoona gave Hyuna a warm smile. "Oh, doing my job. Mr. Jang brought me here."

"Oh!" Hyuna's mouth went to an 'o' shaped. "So, it is you. And oppa, this is my friend. Im Yoona." Hyuna called her brother.

Kai locked his eyes to Yoona. He became melted when he saw the girl's smile. Pretty. Kai thought. While Yoona went her eyes to him. Their eyes met.

 

The time become slow. I don't know, I can't help but to stare at her. 

 

"Ahem." Mr. Choi cleared his throat the Kai came back to his senses. "Oh, Yes, This is Im Yoona. She's the one who brought by Mr. Jang."

"He- he-ll-o." Kai said as he stretched out his hand for a hand shake. Kai's cheeks became hot and slightly became red. Oh my god. Its my first time to feel like this infront of a girl. He thought. 

 

But her hand.... is soft. 

 

Another flashback:

 

"Kai, how are you?" Mr. Jang stretched out his hand for a handshake. 

"I'm fine, seongsaengnim." He smiled as they shook their hands.

"Oh~ I see. It seems Yoona really took care of you. Thank you, Yoona!" Mr. Jang stretched out his hand to Yoona then the latter shook it. 

"Don't mention it, Mr. Jang. I swore here for this company that I'll do my best to do my responsibilities here." Yoona gave Mr. Jang a sweet smile, making Kai stunned at his actions after he saw her face with a smile on it. Then Kai began staring at her.

 

Her sweet smile really suits her. Her eyes twinkling. Her..... Her features are very pretty. But why? She's not a model anyway but her.... really catch my attention.

 

"Can you see that too, Kai?" Mr. Jang asked as he turned his head to Kai but.... "Uhm... Kai?" Then Yoona turned her side to see Kai.

 

"Kai? Kai?" Mr. Jang called his name for twice again then Kai came back to his senses then he turned his head to Mr. Jang.

"Uhm.... I..." Kai felt his cheeks became hot then flustered into slight red. Oh geez. I feel something hot. He thought while shifting his seat infront of Mr. Jang and Yoona.

"Are you alright? Your face is turning red?" Mr. Jang asked Kai then Yoona glanced to Kai with her worried face. "Are you sick?"Mr. Jang asked again.

 

Oh . 

 

 

Another flashback:

 

"I want you to dance with me." Yoona faced Kai in confusion while the latter stood up from his seat, stretched out his hand to Yoona. Then the latter widened her eyes.

"I don't dance." Yoona said in a monotonous voice while Kai smirked.

"Liar." Kai grabbed her hand while Yoona plastered a wide eyes to her doe-like feature face then lead her to the dance floor, where everybody's dancing with their partners, romantically. Then the two went now to the middle of the dance floor.

"Wha-what do you thi-think you're doing??" Yoona still in an astonishment state.

"Woah~ look at you~ Who is stuttering now huh?" Kai lifted her hand then planted it on his shoulder, then he placed his hand on her waist while holding her other hand, getting ready to dance. "If you are going to dance with your partner, first impression is very important. Must. Not. Stutter. Infront of your partner. If I turned you off yesterday because I stuttered, then so am I this night." Kai smirked at Yoona again while the latter is still dumbfounded or morever, stunned. Yoona gulped then just following his actions. Getting ready to dance with him without a single word. "Too bad I turned you off twice, but for you, just once." 

 

While they are dancing and swaying, Yoona really became paused for a long moment then Kai just staring at her with a smile on his face. "You liar. I've read your background yesterday. You were a trainee at SM Entertainment in 7 years and 2 months so you know how to dance." Kai chuckled a bit while swaying each other's moves.

"Who said that yo-you re-read my-my back-gr-ound witho-out a permiss-ion?" Yoona stuttered again as she mentally facepalm herself.

"You are going to scold me but did I mention the rule about couple dancing?" Kai smirked again then Yoona paused and nodded her head. "Very good." He said then Kai leaned his face forward, reaching her ear for whispering something. "Don't forget the ahjussi's shirrt, arraseo?" He smirked then leaned back again after whispering.

Yoona breathe in and out for awhile, gaining some effort to not stuttering again. "Dae, Mr. Annoying man." Yoona finally said without stuttering.

 

"Annoying? Haha!" Kai chuckled a bit while staring at Yoona. "Well, I'm sorry but teasing you is way too damn fun!" Kai said while producing a smirk then he let Yoona circled her steps by his single hand then catch her by his arm holding her waist while Yoona's hand were placed on Kai's chest. "Hm?" Kai hummed at Yoona then he get her up to continue dancing.

 

This moment makes the night even more stunning for me.

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

Ah! Jjinja?! That girl on fire? No.... No...... No..... 

 

I have to sleep now. A handsome guy like me must have a sleep.

 

Then there's a voice rang inside his head.

 

Mr. Self-proclaim man. - Yoona

 

Stop. Please.

 

Then Kai, the oh-so-famous-man can feel butterflies inside his stomach.


 

Author's note: Hello! Update again and oh~ happy 40k subbies :* You guys rock! How's the update? Leave a comment neh? And oh~ Since I'm getting busy so soon. Yeah really soon. I need a co-author for this fic so who wants? 

 

Thank you for the upvote lovelies:

heyokitty

cavegirl