Chapter IV: Sera x Eunji

9 Muses Sappy Love Stories
____________
 
"Sunbae.." Young man came almost running with loads of papers in her hands. "Can you help me check this document? I'm not sure about the English.."
Sera took the papers, quick-read it for a while then started circling some words with her pencil. "The ones I circled are wrongly spelled. And the staples supposed to be on the right, not left."
"I got it. I will fix it soon."
"Also don't forget to prepare the material for presentation this afternoon."
"Yes, ma'am."
 
Sera is always perfect in her work. Someone who is relied the most by her subordinates and even senior colleagues. Always come to office right on time and finish work smoothly, also making sure everything kept in track and everyone on her team do their functions properly.

"Ryu Sera-ssi."
She glanced up over her monitor towards the guy who just called her name.
"You knew our client who is complaining about yesterday's event.. We should go together to meet their company's representative and apologize now."
 
Here we go again..
 
"But I have things to do here too.."
"Do it later. If there's a woman we can make the discussion with him... Less tense." He put on a suit and straighten his necktie, using computer's blank screen as mirror to check if his appearance were decent enough.
"Uh.. Can't you just ask other woman that isn't currently busy?" Attempt to runaway was futile, Sera knew that but still she tried anyway.
"Nah, you're the best we have here. Let's go."
 
"We are terribly sorry about what happened yesterday." Two heads bowed deeply to a middle aged looking man.
"Ooh it's okay, it's okay! All good!" The said 'complaining client' waved his hand dismissively. "You actually didn't need to come here all the way just for that.."
"We will bear any penalties incurred as a way of being responsible."
"Yeah, yeah.. Don't worry about that! Please sit down and have a drink."
"I'm glad that you are very understanding, sir." All of them laughed awkwardly.
"By the way.. Ryu Sera-ssi always looks as good as ever, right?" He commented as two of them took a seat, smiling - more like creepily grinning - at her.
"Ah.." One second pause was needed to find a good words to reply the compliment, something that is not ' off' or 'please go to hell'.
"Thank you." Sera successfully hid malice tone on her unsincere gratitude.
 
Can't you two just die?
 
She sipped her tea gracefully, feigning oh so sweet smile the whole time as those two old men went on with their boring talk.
____________
 
Back at the office, Sera was ready to eat her veeery late - thanks to the manager jerk and his client - lunch when she overheard a woman's voice scolding someone in rather harshly.
"How many times should I tell you to dress properly?! What's with that short skirt?! You think this is a club?!" Their conversation continued for some more minute with the girl kept muttering 'I'm sorry'.
 
"Is everything okay?" Sera appeared from behind the cubicle, looking at the annoyed young employee with concern.
"Don't mind whatever Mrs. Kim said. She didn't mean harm to you.."
"But isn't too much? That old hag sure doesn't understand trend!" Her junior scowled.
 
And you sure don't know this place is not a fashion company too...
 
"Maybe you don't realize, but all those male employees with erted mind, they will leer at you all the time if you keep wearing this.. stylish attire. I think it's just her way of trying to protect you."
"Really?" The girl's eyes finally started to lit up.
 
No, that old hag actually just envies you and being a ..
 
"Yes.." Sera nodded reassuringly.
"Come on, don't be upset anymore. Have you eat lunch? We can eat together if you haven't."
"Okay!" She stood up and followed Sera to the office's dining space cheerfully, the whole earlier incident forgotten.
"Wow that doshirak looks delicious! You made them by yourself?"
"Yeah... I love to cook when I have time."
"I've always been wanting to learn some cookings but never managed to do so. Sunbae is so cool! Is there anything you can't do?"
"Haha.. Maybe you just need some more determination. It's not hard to make these simple dishes."
"You aren't only a capable team leader, but also very kind and easy to talk with. I'm actually look up to you.." With chin propped in both hands the junior eyeing her sunbae somewhat in awe.
"Well.. Thanks, but I'm actually not that great."
"You really are! I wish someday I could become someone as cool as you!"
Sera just laughed lightly at the praise and continued finishing her lunch.
Flawless person is how everyone described her. When there's trouble she would run to help her workmates, including giving moral support. She handles things well, even the higher-ups' innuendos. She orders her subordinates and leads her team wisely. Someone whom everyone has great respect towards.
____________
 
"Oh, you're home.." Dimples and eyesmiles welcomed Sera from a comfy couch.
"How's work?"
"A drag." She entered their living room, sat beside Eunji who quickly leaned towards her for a 'welcome home' kiss.
"Remember about the mess made by new staff in sales department I've told you yesterday? I had to go and apologize to our partner company's representative this morning. Ugh.." Sera complained, pouting in the way that always able to make Eunji melts and crumbles. Gone all the strong facade from work before, at home she turned into a sweet, lovable person who always got doted on by her younger lover.
"Ooh you poor thing..." Arms slid around Sera's waist pulling her to an embrace. She happily buried her face in Eunji's nape.
"What are you doing?"
"Study.." The fourth year film major student replied. "I'll start shooting my final project soon. It's going to be super tiring.."
"You sound more like super excited though, Director Park.." Sera ruffled her girlfriend's short hair playfully, gaining a hearty laugh.
"Keep on studying, I'll be back after shower."
Soon after Sera left to the bathroom, Eunji turned her attention back to the textbook she'd been read before. She took a cookie and was about to nibble it when suddenly a loud, shrill scream pierced her ears.
"Ah, must be that again.."
She put the book aside and walked with an all knowing expression to the bathroom.
"Eunji!"
"Yeah I'm coming!"
Wearing nothing but only a large, pink polkadot towel, Sera jumped at her. Tightly hugged her from behind as Eunji sprayed bugspray to a small black creature crawling on floor near the sink. It tossed and turned before completely stopped moving at all. With all ease Eunji kicked it out of the room with indoor slipper.
"How come you're not afraid of crickets or even snake but almost died just because of a tiny cockroach?"
"It wasn't tiny, it was giant roach! And it flew across my head, Eunji! What if it fall at me, they are so dirty eewww!" The older girl shivered, still holding onto Eunji like a baby koala and its mother.
"What would people say if they see awesome Ryu Sera being like this.." Eunji laughed shaking her head. She was about to leave but Sera refused to let her go.
"No you stay with me here! It's not safe another one might shows up!"
"But I have to study!"
"You can read your book standing there in the corner.."
"What?! How do I fix my script while watching you shower?! I'll end up directing semi ographic movie!"
"YAH!"

Sera is always perfect in her work. Someone who is relied the most by her subordinates and even senior colleagues.
But at home, Eunji is the hero.

 

ps: just a random idea I suddenly got lol I believe Sera doesn't afraid of any bugs though xD