Chapter III: Hyuna x Kyungri

9 Muses Sappy Love Stories

ps: this is supposed to be posted two weeks ago on halloween, but my laptop just had to got broken and taken to service center. sorry .__.

"...ri."
"Hmm..."
".....Kyungri."
"Five more minutes, omma.."
"PARK KYUNGRI!"
Kyungri jerked awake in a bench near her school's garden, where she had peaceful nap.
"I'm not your mom and you're at school! Wake up quickly!"
She lifted her gaze and found her biology teacher, Moon Hyuna, standing before the bench with mad expression.
"Ehehe.. Hello, unnie." Kyungri gave a wide grin while fixing her messy hair.
"Don't hello me and call your teacher properly please. Aren't you supposed to be in Math class right now?"
"But I'm not feeling well, seonsaengnim..."
"Really? You should go to infirmary instead of sleep here like homeless. How are you feeling now?" Hyuna's voice started to softened a bit.
"My head hurts.."
"Do you think you know the cause of this headache? Did you eat well?"
"Yeah.. I always get this weird dizzy feelings everytime I see numbers and math formulas.."
"........ GO BACK TO YOUR CLASS NOW!"

 
Wide grin still plastered on Kyungri's face when she reached her class. By luck, the bell had rang and her math teacher already left. She happily took usual seat beside Hyemi, while the latter glared angrily seeing her cheeriness.
"Where were you?! It's supposed to be your turn to answer questions today! Because you weren't here I was the one who had to fill in your place and finish all of those!" She fumed, pointing at her own handwriting of numbers and math symbols that was still on white board. Seeing her friend's stupid smile Hyemi could already guess the answer though.
"You're watching that biology teacher taking care of plants again?"
Hyemi shook her head when Kyungri nodded.
"Hyun.. I mean Moon-ssam was late today, so I fell asleep waiting for her. Usually she'd be on the garden before 8.30.."
"What do you like from that nerd teacher.. Don't you think she's kinda creepy? She's establishing paranormal club and researching superstitions with those occult-freak students. I heard she lives with many cats, rarely talking with everyone in neighborhood, and it's always dark in her house even at night!"
"Yah, she's not like what those gossips says! You just don't know her.." Kyungri pouted at the comments. Her mind then traveled back to the day she first met Hyuna outside school time.
 
 
2 months ago...
 
A pair of round brown eyes was silently scanning the crowd before her from bar stool in the corner. y girls swirled and climbed the stage poles. A DJ on stage showered by super bright spotlights. People, mostly were girls too, moved their bodies on the dance floor in sync with EDM songs that blasting throughout the whole place. All of those were new sight for her who never experienced clubbing before.
That night, thanks to her sister's ID she stole, the under-aged Kyungri had successfully sneaked inside a night club. One that was famous for being a hangout destination in Seoul's gay scene.
For as long as she could remember, Kyungri had only fallen for girls. But she didn't really go there with intentions to find some hot chicks. It was for fun. Hearing her sister and other senior friends' discussed about party every weekend somehow had the brunette wondering what kind of place is club.
So there she was, with a tight black strapless dress and stiletto her parents never knew she owned, bobbed her head slowly following the music.
 
"Hi." Velvety voice greeted from behind the counter, almost got Kyungri a heart attack. "Can I get you something?"
It was a bartender.
"Oh.. Uhm.." Kyungri stammered, trying her best to keep the composure so she wouldn't look suspicious. Without thinking she replied with the first name of alcohol drink crossed her mind.
"Give me a vodka please!" Kyungri smiled, looking straight up to the bartender with all coolness and confidence she could muster.
 
Where did I see this woman before...
 
The two looked at each other carefully, eyes narrowed for five seconds, then broke into simultaneous scream in utter shock.
"PARK KYUNGRI SSI!"
"MOON HYUNA SEONSAENGNIM!"
Hyuna immediately lurched forward, covering Kyungri's mouth with her hand. "Goddamnit don't call me seonsaengnim here!"
The older girl hurried out of the counter and dragged Kyungri to an empty locker room.


"What are you under-aged minor doing in a place like this?!" Hyuna thundered once she'd been sure they were alone.
"What are you, teacher, doing in a gay bar?!" Kyungri barked back, emphasizing her words.
They kept silent for a while reflecting on their each own situation, Hyuna could only facepalmed while Kyungri scratched her head nervously, silently glancing at her teacher.
Is this really Moon Hyuna the biology teacher? She thought incredulously.
This was something totally unexpected, totally unlike what everyone had said about her. Creepy was a very wrong word to describe this woman. This woman is pure y.
No thick glasses or tidy ponytail. No boring, uptight formal outfit. The one standing in front of her was dazzling voluptuous creature.
Wearing just a simple white tank top didn't make her model figure less hot, she had red ombre extended to her jet black hair, and the make up she had on wasn't too thick, but enough to made her look different.
She is really, really beautiful.

 
"Uhm.." Hyuna cleared , snapping Kyungri out of her lovestruck awe. "So I guess we can have a negotiation about this."
"I never met any of my student in a club, you never saw your teacher serving in bar, no one will get dropped out or fired from their school. Deal?"
"Only if you answer to my question."
Hyuna rolled her eyes. You still got some nerves up to bargain with your teacher now?
"Fine. What?"
"Are you working here? Why? I thought you don't like noisy place and stay at home with bunch of cats watching paranormal related documentaries?"
"Yes, part time. I need extra money. The only correct thing from all those dull rumours is the 'I live with cats' part. My cats are normal and cute and don't speak human language, mind you." She answered everything swiftly, then reached out her hand before the younger girl could open and launch another series of questions. "Let's shake hand to seal our deal.."
Kyungri groggily took her hand and nodded. "I promise won't tell anyone."
"Good. Now you go home and don't ever come back until you're legal, kid. It's getting late and the neighborhood here isn't safe."
The black haired girl gave her jacket and walked her student to the taxi stop that was quite far from her place. But when she was about to head back to work, someone tugged her clothes.
 
"Unnie.. Ah, I can call you with just unnie here?"
"Yeah. What now?"
"Uh.. Are you.." There's a hint of doubt and uneasiness in Kyungri's eyes.
"Do you.. Like.. Girls?"
A question that made Hyuna chuckled.
"I do like girls. Now go, your taxi's waiting." She smiled slightly then turned her back, leaving Kyungri with heart fluttering madly inside her chest.
 
That was how Kyungri met 'other' Moon Hyuna behind the bookworm appearance, and ended up having big secret crush on her teacher. Well, it was actually supposed to be secret. But everyone close to her couldn't help but just sensed how strange she became.
Kyungri started paying attention, too much attention, on biology class. A subject she'd used to ditch so often because of "There's more fun things to do than cutting vegetables to identify cells." reason.
She spent most of her time finding reasons to be able to get close with Hyuna, one of them is watching her watering flowers on first period every Friday, when she got no class to teach and usually would be in the garden, nurturing neglected school plants.
The second year student also joined 'paranormal club' meeting that people talked about. Turned out they were just bunch of mystery enthusiasts or ones who watched too much Ghostbusters on their childhood. Some of them actually had difficulties in making friends at first, that was why Hyuna gathered those students together so they could socialize.
She was also happened to be an avid horror movie collector, so all the time Hyuna would bring DVDs and they would have movie time together. But what sparked Kyungri's excitement even more was when she found Japanese drama series hidden between Frankenstein and Bride of Chucky discs. The one about teacher and student forbidden romance.
Inevitably, it grew her delusion that there was probability Hyuna considered dating student. Now that both of them knew each other's preference, maybe Hyuna could fall for her.
 

The one who realized this student turned stalker behavior first was her best friend, Pyo Hyemi. She didn't being incredibly pushy, but Kyungri ended up admitting that she had crush on the young teacher - the story about their accidental meeting was left untold, of course - because for heaven's sake Hyemi's witty quipping was sooo annoying.
"Impossible." Was Hyemi's first comment.
"She's like eight or nine years older than us, she's teacher.." She started listing rational reasons.
"And this is not Japanese drama.." Hyemi quickly added.
"Also, you're both girls."
"She loves girl."
"How do you know that?"
"....."
That's how their conversation always ended with Kyungri wouldn't answer and brought up another totally unrelated topics. As friend for more almost ten years, Hyemi knew that there was something happened between them, but even so, she decided to keep quiet until her friend talk first.

____________
 
"What did I say about go home and never come back here before you're old enough?" The cat lover released drawn out sigh, speaking in very low voice that wouldn't be heard within radius 2 meter to a beautiful lady who was her student in the morning.
"I'm bored at home, unnie.. My parents always busy with work and my sister don't care about me." Kyungri whined, lips curled into adorable pout.
"Besides, I don't do anything dangerous, I just sit here enjoying...."
 
Your y gestures when mixing drinks.. And those smoldering eyes..
 
"The club's ambience." She fanned her face with hands, flushed hot at her own thoughts. "I'm thirsty. Can I have a beer?"
"You can study. Didn't Erin, I mean Lee seonsaengnim, give you guys a load of homework?" Hyuna passed her a glass which delightfully accepted. But soon sparks in Kyungri's eyes died after realized it was lemon tea and not beer.
"Homework's done already~" she answered nonchalantly, smug face screaming I'm-one-of-your-smartest-student.
"Then go playing somewhere else suited your age. You have tons of friends, so why hang around teacher like me?"
"But I want to be with you.." Kyungri said half whispering. Loud music banging in the club drowned her voice.
"Hm?"
"Nothing.." She swiveled around in her chair, hoping no one would catch her blushing cheeks. "Ah, I want to try dancing! Unnie let's dance!"
"Yah! Can't you see I'm working? I'm not allowed to leave this place."
"There's other bartenders..." Kyungri pointed at two girls who were busy serving drinks to other customers and arranging glasses.
"Come on, just one song, pleaseee." She tugged Hyuna's hand, pleading with aegyo filled voice.
"No! Listen, kids aren't supposed to be in this place and I'm not playing around here so please stop disturbing me!  It's 5 minutes past 10 already, go home!" Hyuna snapped firmly, more harsh than she actually meant to and even herself was surprised at the sharp tone. Surely this got the younger girl taken aback, heart slammed stop.
She gulped, hoping Kyungri would make another excuse, or argue back, or anything Kyungri the brat would usually do. But there she just stood still, with head hung low and expression resembled an abandoned dog.
"I understand." A very upset voice and clenched teeth.
"Sorry for being a nuisance, I will never come to see you anymore."
 
"Oops.. Our Hyuna just made a little girl cry.." Another tall and skinny bartender chuckled in teasing tone not long after Kyungri was gone.
"Shut up, Hyunjoo!" Hyuna massaged her temples wearily, feeling like most ed up jerk tonight.
"Okay, okay." the one she called Hyunjoo stifled her laugh. "But still I suggest you go after her. There's been a rumor lately that some thugs often hanging around here and harassing girls."
 
Kyungri had been walked aimlessly for more than 10 minutes. She didn't know where she was going and didn't care anyway. Everything in her mind seemed to be dwindling away into incoherent mess of sadness and the only words Kyungri could processed that time was I am just a disturbance for her..
She passed through a throng of people, then somewhere less noisy, and finally a non-crowded area where as she looked up right and left there was just unfamiliar, shady looked buildings. That was when Kyungri realized she had been lost.
Situation got worse because she also noticed some pairs of eyes were fixed at her. Heart hammering rapidly in panic and fear when she saw from the corner of her eyes two guys were approaching her.
"Hello, lady.."
One of them stopped in front of her, blocking her way to walk forward. Awful smells of cigarettes and alcohol wafted on the air.
"Whoa, hyung, she's so beautiful.." The other one said to his friend from behind. He leered at Kyungri's body that was barely concealed by short red dress while smiling menacingly.
"Why don't you come with us for some fun? You're alone right?"
Unable to remembered even the simplest way of self-defense taught by her black belt karateka friend, the brunette shut her eyes so tight already prepared for the worst. But seconds later, a hand that suddenly wound around her waist and pulled her was soft and warm.
"Actually, no. She is not alone."
Sensing smooth long hair and familiar scent of mixed woody and citrus, Kyungri dared opening her eyes slowly. She found her head buried in between crook of neck and broad shoulder. She lifted her gaze and found a Moon Hyuna. With ing scary expression. One guy who was standing behind her had already been shoved away and the other one now was fidgeting in front of them.
"Don't you understand what I've said before?" Kyungri felt arm circling her waist was tightened, warm breath ghosted over her ear as Hyuna talked in low, calm tone. "This beautiful lady here. Is. Mine."
Her cheek flushed brilliant shade of red hearing the older girl's words, heart thumping even louder than before. Kyungri could swear that moment she was going to burst.
Knowing better not to mess with angry Hyuna, the two guys mumbled intangible sorry before scurried away from her as fast as they could. Soon after, she loosened the grip on her student, but the latter was just too scared to let go and kept a death grip on her arm.
"Sorry for what I've said earlier." Hyuna mumbled. She exhaled deep sigh, running fingers through Kyungri's hair to calm her down. "But now you see why I don't want you around this place.."
"Come on I'll take you home."
 
____________
 
Their life continued normally as student and teacher, but little Hyuna knew after that eventful night, her student had seriously fell in love with her. Like 'I want to be her girlfriend and have serious relationship' serious. The incident only served as an oil for Kyungri's burning illusion of the older woman being in loved with her too.
Days passed and two weeks later, end of October was coming. Pumpkins, bats, spiders, ghosts in various shape and size started to decorated most places in the town. And Kyungri decided that Halloween would be right moment to tell Hyuna her feelings.
 
As always, the first person Kyungri ran to for advice was Hyemi.
She enthusiastly told her story about how Hyuna saved her - altered as "I was walking home from a friend's place late night, met some thugs, there came my Super Moon saved me, telling all those s to go away because I am hers." - and that must be meant the teacher were in love her.
"Don't you think she probably just said that to threaten them?"
"She could just tell them I am her student but she chose to say 'mine'. I actually think she probably like me but holding back because of the teacher student relationship moral ..." Kyungri stated with confident while Hyemi let out fake coughing that a bit sounded like 'delulu..'
"So I will confess to her first! Because if not, nobody will make first move!"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever.." Came a reply with shrug.
"And I'll do it tomorrow after the mystery club's gathering ends! Ah, should I buy her flowers too.."
"Huh?" Hyemi looked up at her, confusion apparent on her features. "On Halloween, really? How is that nice timing to confess?"
"Well, Valentine is for you romantic movie freaks, Halloween is for horror lovers!" Kyungri declared, getting more incredulous stare.
"Hyemi ah. Come with me to the gathering, please? You know, I'd need some company to calm my shattering nerves.." She pleaded.
"No. Don't drag me to this."
"Oh come on it will be more fun if we have more people! Actually people in mystery club is interesting! You know Minha? Well actually I just knew she's from our class too.. She can do magic tricks! Like creating fire from nowhere, turning a handkerchief into flower.."
"I know Park Minha I'm not like some arrogant brat who never care about her classmates. And that's what you say to lure 5 years old to a party. I am 17."
Hyemi huffed, turned her gaze away from her best friend and looked somehow unhappy.
"Just confess to her, why would you need me to be there.."
 
____________
 
Kyungri walked happily with a bouquet of red roses in her hand. She had specially chose the darkest red she could find on the shop to give more horror effect, gaining weird stares from the florist. She didn't really notice she was walking in front of an elementary school until a kid just as tall as Kyungri's stomach bumped her and fell.
"Oh my God! Sorry! Did you hurt?" She hurriedly extended her hands to the little boy.
"Kevin, I've told you not to run in the street!" A shorter woman with long black hair and looked probably mid 20s came approaching them, also helping the boy get up.
"I'm sorry this kid is a bit naughty!"
"No, no! It's because I wasn't aware too.."
They both bowed to each other before Kyungri started walking again. But then her steps was stopped again because of a familiar figure that stood in front of her. The one she had been completely enamored with these past months.

"Oh, Kyungri!"
"Hyuna unnie!"
Both of them was equally surprised and Kyungri hastily hid the flowers behind her.
Shoot why is she here! Her mind ran panic.
Dressed up casually but still nice in just a white tshirt and black leather jacket, clearly Hyuna didn't just pass by chance on the way home from school.
"Why does it seem like we're so fated to meet in such a weird occasion?" The teacher crossed her arms and sighed, only gaining nervous laugh as reply from her student.
"But it's nice that at least this time it's a normal place outside school." She quipped.
Silence fell between them.
"So.. Are you here for.. Kidnapping some kids and eat them?" Kyungri dumbly asked anything she could think of to break the awkwardness, but actually just made the situation even more uncomfortable.
"Aah so this is her.." Suddenly came a new voice called out, drawing attention from ttwo of them.

"You're right, this student of yours is really interesting.." Woman who scolded the little boy just before already standing beside Hyuna now. "Hey, why don't you introduce us?"
She smiled sweetly to Kyungri and reached out her hand. "I'm Ryu Sera. I've heard so much about you, Park Kyungri-ssi. I'm glad we can meet."

Heard about me? What?

"Kyungri, you're first and probably the only one student who know about my secret.. But I'm considering you my little sister so I'll tell you this."
"This girl here..." Hyuna gestured the one beside her. "Is my girlfriend. She's working here teaching English."
Kyungri blinked once and responded with the most indifferent nod she could fake.
"Yeah we met in teacher training, actually planned to work in same school but only I ended up here. Now that you said that, probably she didn't get accepted because she looks like kids-eater." Sera giggled.
"Nice. Go ahead ganging up and bully me."
She scratched her hair lightly before continued. "Uhm.. I didn't even tell this to the headmaster yet, but actually I'm planning to quit after this semester ends. We're moving to her hometown in Canada next year."
"We love being here, really.. But we also want to date without have to be secretive. And you know how people here would react if we hold hands or cling to each other in public. We want to love freely."
Once again inconvenient silence filled the air between them. Kyungri knew a response, anything was due. But for the love of God all her brain could come up with was lame nods again and again.
"What is that?" Hyuna pointed at bouquet hidden behind Kyungri's back.
The younger brunette stammered even more. "Uh.. This.. I.."
"Ooh.. I know!" Corner of Hyuna's lips twitched up into a teasing smirk. "Actually I've heard a rumor in school that this popular Kyungri is currently in love with someone, breaking so many male students' hearts. You're going to tell her today?"
"Yeah, but.."
"Seriously?!" Sera cut it, round eyes widened. "Wow! She's really younger version of you, confessed to me on freaking Halloween. Like, who would do that? Coming to a girl's house dressed in cat costume with flowers, really?"
"Sorry that I don't celebrate Valentine like some Disney princess wannabe. But you love that not-so-romantic cat though.. Wait! Why are we telling this story to my student oh God.." Hyuna shook her head. She took out phone from her pocket to check the time. "Ah, looks like we should go now.."
"You're not going to our Halloween gathering?"
"Yeah I can't, we're going somewhere else. It's our anniversary today." There was a pure happiness apparently hinted on Hyuna's lopsided grin when she said the word 'anniversary', somehow made Kyungri blushed and had to drop her gaze. She never saw the teacher being so glowingly cheerful and no matter how her heart shattered into pieces, this beautiful sight still seized her up, causing butterflies fly wildly inside her stomach.
"Your lovely teacher here said she have surprise for me, which I hope won't involve another cat costume.." Sera chuckled. "But now I kinda feel bad to monopolize her for myself. I'm sorry!"
"They'll be fine without me. Let's go!"
"See you later, Kyungri!" Sera waved her hand.
"Good luck for you! See you at school next week!" That time, Kyungri could swear she saw the teacher winked and mouthed 'Wish me luck too!' before turning her back.

____________
 

"I've told you it's impossible right. She's an adult and you're just a kid."
"Haha." Kyungri laughed sarcastically, more at herself than at her conversational partner. "I feel so stupid."
"I even thought of giving her something like this.."
"Hey don't dump it!" Hyemi cut in, caught Kyungri's hand just right before the bouquet fly to the trash bin near them.
"Just give it to me of you don't want it." The younger girl's shyly asked. Her cheeks flushed slightly as she tried to avoid Kyungri's eyes. The latter shot confused look at first, but slowly realization fell upon her.
"Well, there's one thing that I was right." Kyungri continued after some seconds of silence, smug smile was back on her face.
"What?"
"Halloween is for horror lovers. Hyuna unnie and her girlfriend got together on Halloween too."
"You both are silly freaks." Hyemi remarked, but this time with smile on her face instead of sulk.
"Let's go get food somehwere! I'm so hungry!" Kyungri sat up, reached out her hand to Hyemi which gladly taken by the short haired girl.
"Hyemi ah"
"I think I'm keeping this for myself now." Kyungri suddenly took the flowers from her. "Next Valentine, I'll give you another flowers."
"Really?" The short haired girl beamed.
"I promise." Kyungri winked, flashing a million watts smile.
"Ah, you know, recently ring or necklace are popular as Valentine gifts too!"
"What the hell! No!"
They laughed rather loudly, with hands clasped together marching into nearest restaurant.