Chapter I: Sungah x Hyuna

9 Muses Sappy Love Stories

It had been five years since she knew Hyuna, and half a year since she officially became member of Nine Muses. Also three maddening months since her, Son Sungah, realized that she had fell in love with the oldest member of her group.
Her first impression upon meeting Hyuna was complete jealousy. How could somebody be so perfect? Supermodel body line, goddess like beauty, but without any lack of vocal talent too. She is the exact definition of angel fell from heaven. No wonder she easily chosen to join the group, while Sungah had to gone through years of hellish training to polish her skills.
Time passed, they slowly got closer and closer as Sungah finally announced to be new member. Jealousy then turned to admiration, and by the end of promotion for their single 'Dolls', admiration turned into love.
Sungah spent the first weeks in denial. Assuring herself that this is just temporal craziness caused by Hyuna's mesmerizing charisma, her super friendly and down to earth attitude, her adorable dorky side, or those y dazzling eyes, or.. - oh God is there something that is not gorgeous from a Moon Hyuna? Sungah thought desperately as she tried to point something that would help her disliking the cat freak. She knew she wouldn't be able to find any.
So after all the contemplations and sorting out, Sungah decided the best way to keep a bit of sanity she had left was to vent her feeling. But it wasn't going to be easy.
Yes, she'd always been touchy and affectionate to her. But touchy and affectionate, along with naughtiness sometimes, is the nature of Hyuna. Just like she'd often hugging, kissing, gay-ing around with Sungah, she also touching Kyungri's , has her hand all over Eunji, or peeking through Sera's shirt. And much to add her confusion was the long list of men in her dating history. Hyuna never even trying to be subtle about her flings, from a rock band member, fellow singers, actors, she had casually went on date with them all.
Sungah knew that confessing her love to the iest member of Nine Muses could be dangerous, because she practically wouldn't only stating that she'd been in love with her best friend, but also coming out as a homoual, which is quite a taboo in their country. Their friendship could get shot, it might ruined the group's solid teamwork, and the worst possibility all her friends would hate and shun her.

Maybe it will be too much if I come out and convey my feelings in one sitting. I'll just tell her about being gay and see her reactions first. She thought.
With those intentions, Sungah arrived at the apartment Hyuna shared with Eunji at noon. She opened the door that was left unlocked, went to a room she'd been so familiar with, and found her beloved girl..... Lying on the floor, legs lifted up toward the ceiling, and Moya, her cat, stood in the sole of her feet with terrified look.
"Unnie what are you doing?!"
"Yoga. What does it look like?" Hyuna answered without turning her head since in that position she could hurt her neck.
Pet abuse... Sungah gave symphaty look to the poor ginger furred cat.
"What's up?" The older girl asked, again with her gaze still kept upwards.
Sungah plopped herself down to a comfortable bed. "Unnie.." She said slowly.
"I think I fell in love.."
"WHAT?!"
Hyuna instantly jumped to sitting position, almost kicking some household appliances on the table near her due to loooong legs, cat flew straight to her head.

"You should've found better timing to say that! What if Moya scratch my face? What if I break my neck?" Hyuna whined while tending scratches she got on her arms from Moya, who had ranaway seeking refugee to another room.
"Maybe you should stop toying your cats like that.." The younger girl rolled her eyes. "Soon they will hold a protest demonstration demanding ownership status change into Eunji's cats."
"They won't I know they still love me! But whatever.. Now tell me, who is he?"
"No.. It's.."
"I don't take a no! You should tell unnie! Who is he? Someone from boyband? Singer? Actor? Your friend in school? Do I know him?" Hyuna moved frantically in front of Sungah while asking.
"No, no, no, no, no, and no. Why are you so agitated to know?"

Because I need to fix a strategy to get rid of this competitor ASAP..
"Hm?"
"Ah, I'm your best friend of course I'm curious! So he's not someone I know, not old friend from school, not an actor, singer, boyband member, and..."
"And not a he."

Yes, thank God.
.....Huh?
"WHAT?!"
"Unnie don't shout so loud people in neighborhood would complaint!" Sungah placed a finger on her lips, eyes shooting warning look.
"So it means you are into girls?"
"Um.. Yeah.." came a hesitated answer.
"Do you hate me now?"
"No. Why would I? You're precious to me whatever you are, Sungah.." Hyuna caressed long silky hair playfully as to comfort and make sure her dongsaeng she was okay with her uality. Even more than okay.
"So! Who is she?! Do I know her? Is she from a girlgroup? Is she beautiful?" She then continued throwing question bombs.
"You know her very well.."
"Oh my God.. Is she one of our member?"
Sungah nodded.
"And yes she is good looking." She smiled slightly, face flushed "Last time I found her looked so cool wearing tie and blazer, her tall slender figure..."

Our last MV was Dolls. The ones who were on dark team wearing boyish attire are me, her, Kyungri, and Eunji.
If she looked handsome.. Then it must be Eunji!
So that's why Sungah always looked kinda jealous whenever I'm with her... And she's been always looking for an excuse to come here, so she can see her? Oh God didn't she once say in Twitter Eunji looked delicious?! So it didn't mean her face looks like steak or hamburger but those kind of 'delicious'?!
But that crazy girl already has someone she like.. Doesn't Sungah knows about it too?

"Hyuna?" Sungah waved her hand in front of the older girl, worried with her behavior making strange facial expression and muttering inaudibly to herself.
"Yes?" She snapped out of her imaginary investigation.
"What should I do? How should I tell her.." Sungah sighed wearily. All she intended to say was that the one she love is Hyuna, but somehow the words always stucked at , unable to come out, and she ended up saying other thing.
"I'm not sure too..Honestly I never confessed to anyone before. Since my school days people always came to me first." Hyuna placed hand in her chin as if she was thinking hard."Oh I know! Let's just google it!"
As always, Hyuna and her geek stuff.. Sungah looked unsure at the older girl who was now excitedly clicking and typing on her laptop. Tons of titles like 'Cats Gallery', 'National Geographic Official', 'CatTube: Cutest Cat Video From All Over The World', and 'Wild Life Photography' filled her browser tab bar.
"Here it is.."
"How to make your cat understand that you love them.." Sungah read out the title with raised eyebrows. "I love human tho.."
"Wrong website! Sorry!" Hyuna quickly changed the tab to correct one. They slowly read it one by one.

"5 Steps To Confess Your Love"

1. Be Sure About Your Feelings
What makes you love him? Are you really love him or is it just because he's good looking?

"What makes you love her?"
Yeah what's so good about that weirdo? I can be weirder than her for you!
"You're going to make fun of me. I don't think I would want to tell you.." Sungah replied after judging Hyuna's menacing face.
"Noooo.. You know you can tell me anything, Sungah.." The cat goddess expression turned even more wicked now.
".... No."

2. Be Nice
Smile. Laugh at his jokes. Mention him or comment at his posts on SNS. Give compliments to everything he did. Show him that he is special to you.

"Why does it sound more like what sasaeng fan would do.." The younger girl rolled her eyes.
"Next!"

3. Try To Look More Attractive
Nice dress and some make up wouldn't hurt, but don't forget to be yourself.

The older girl glanced at her friend. At her low cut white tshirt that giving a nice glimpse of cleavage and short shorts, to be significant. "You look good without any dress on..."
"Hm?"
"Nope, nothing.." Hyuna shook her head, more to shove away the wild thought inside her mind than expressing negativity. "Next!"

4. Prepare
You can practice in front of mirror. Also it's always best to know what you will say and the way you will react if he say either yes or no.

"Well, honestly I don't know how would I react.." Sungah's low voice came out shaky as she started to pour her heart out. "I've spent so many times sorting my feelings and tried to stop myself.. This is crazy, irrational, this won't work and might ruin everything instead. But the more I wanted to escape, I found myself so weak against love and can't help but missing her presence even more."
"She has kinda intimidating aura, people who don't know her surely would get whole wrong impression that she's arrogant at first.. But really she's a soft-hearted person, one that is very easy to be around. She's very care to others. Just before you asked why I love her, right? Maybe because she's always there with me and cheered me up whenever I need her, and understand me the way no one did. She's someone I know I'll never regret spending the rest of my life with." Small smile graced the brunette's face.
"You really love her that much..." Hyuna murmured quietly, dull pain started to creep on her heart.
"We all have known each other for years and now thinking about that , maybe I've fell for her since long time ago.. I'm just too slow-witted to realize that. Now all the thoughts that somebody else would come and take her away from me soon keep haunting me, frightening me.."
"Then you should go to this number 5.." An answer in whisper came, almost too soft to heard by Sungah.

5. Now run to your beloved one and say those three words!

Should I say it?
It's funny, bitter voice in the back of her mind said to her. You could ramble on how you love her so much, straight to the object of your affection in sentences, but not those only-three-words 'I love you'.
"Hyuna.." Sungah held her breath for a while. "What do you think about me?"
Dark orbs gazed at the Fijian then dropped to the floor. "Sungie is... My best friend, my beloved little sister, who I always want to protect no matter what happened."
"A sister?" Sadness were evident in her eyes, but Hyuna failed to catch them.

No.
"Yes."
The older girl grabbed her hand and held it tight. "Listen, Sungah... I actually think someone doesn't suppose to wanting their best friend, who is already taken by their another best friend..."
At first 3 seconds Sungah just quietly tried to registering Hyuna's words. "Huh?"
"You love Eunji, right? I feel bad for you that she's with Sera, I know you must be scared that we will think you steal other's girlfriend.. But after listened how much you love her, you shouldn't give up before try your best! Even though you're most likely gonna get rejected, at least you won't regret it later cause you've fought for your love! Unnie will support you no matter how would it turned to be!"
There Sungah couldn't hold her tears anymore. "You moron!" She jerked her hand away, hastily rose to her feet and ran from Hyuna's room.

"Whoa!" Eunji and Sera was just about to look for keys when the apartment door flung open violently, showing a very teary Sungah. Her face flushed red from anger and unstoppable cry. She ignored her slack-jawed comrades and kept walking as quick as her feet could.
The next seconds Hyuna also came out briskly from her room.
"What the hell did you do to her?" Their utterly shocked leader asked an equally confused Hyuna.
"I didn't do anything! Why did she call me moron.. AH! EUNJI!!"
"Yes?!" The short haired girl almost jumped at her name being yelled.
"Go after her and talk with her! I think.. Maybe she likes you.."
"What?! No way!" Two of them shouted almost in unison.
"But, she said she's been in love with one of us.." Hyuna tried to explain desperately. "The one that is good looking, cool but also a lovely person, was on dark team in Dolls photo concept, the description matches you.."
"My God.. Are you dense? It's not Eunji! Well the good looking and lovely parts are correct tho..." Sera impatiently dragged Hyuna to their living room and stopped her right in front of a big poster framed on the wall.
"Look carefully!" She adjusted the oldest girl head towards certain people. "You see now?"
It was their gigantic sized Dolls poster. Hyuna stared at four people in the dark team, Kyungri, Eunji, Sungah, and her. Her.
"Is it... me? So she was trying to confess to me?"
"Hasn't she been so obvious? We all have realized about you two being blindly in love with each other a forever ago.. I think even your cats know she's head over heels for you!"
Hyuna froze, could only dropped her head staring at the floor as everything finally seemed clear to her now. And it hit her hard.
"Wow.. I.. I'm really lame. What should I do now?" She stammered, voice cracking.
"Go get your girl, Moron Hyuna! NOW!" Eunji slapped her roommate's back, giving her hard push. And without thinking more, she launched like rocket running to find Sungah.

Hyuna frustatedly ran through the street around her neighborhood, head turning right and left hoping to catch a glimpse of Sungah. Couldn't find her anywhere, she finally went to the house where Sungah were staying with their maknaes.

"She's not coming home yet.. You can wait in her room if you want." Minha opened the door wider to let Hyuna enter. She gratefully accepted the offer.
Sungah's room was tidy unlike hers. No wrinkles on the clean pink bedsheet, no clothes thrown carelessly on the floor. The wall and desk were adorned with photos taken by the room's owner.
Hyuna took one frame and smiled. It was a selca of them, taken on their vacation at a beach. Actually Hyuna supposed to go there alone for filming, but suddenly the director changed the plan and shooting got postponed, so by luck she got two days without activity. Didn't know what else to do, she sticked with the plan going to the beach, but for vacation and not work. Sungah who happened to had day-offs too, gladly tagged along.
Her fingers traced their faces on the photo. Seeing how bright the younger girl's smile, she remembered Sungah had told her eagerly how she loves sea and underwater nature, bragging about her hometown, Fiji, which surrounded with beautiful beaches, and when she was little she often went camping on the shore or watching dolphins.
When was the last time we spent a day together like this.. Happy, free, just the two of us..

Hours later, Hyuna awakened at the sound of creaking door. She had fallen asleep on the table and it was almost midnight now. The photo frame was still held on Hyuna's hand, her knuckle turned white because she gripped it so tight.
"Sungah.." She shifted awkwardly in place.
"Can you please just leave.." Pair of brown eyes looked aside, refusing to meet Hyuna's.
"No I won't.."
"There's nothing to talk about. I don't want to hear any.."
Her words got cut in by a quick grab on her shoulder and suddenly soft lips caught her in searing kiss. Unability to comprehend the situation numbed her in spot.
"I will not leave someone I love."
".... Oh God this better not be another misunderstanding.. Or dream.." Sungah gasped weakly.
"It's not, I assure you. Sungah, I love you." Hyuna breathed. Their faces were still only inch apart, she wound her arms between Sungah's neck. "I'm sorry it took me so damn long to figure out that you feel the same and in the end I hurted you."
"But.. I thought you're straight.. You went out with those handsome men.." The Fijian mouth hung open in 'o' shape, looked very confused.
"No, I've given up on men long time ago, they're just... no." Hyuna shook her head with distasteful expression.

"I guess it's my turn to say what makes me love you.." She started again after a bit long silent. "The first time I saw you on the practice room, you looked so lonely, came from far away Fiji with no one else. Things were tough, but even though you can live a normal happy life back there with your family, you chose to never give up on your dream. It impressed me a lot, without realized I've been interested.. No, I'm addicted to you. I want to be your strength and make you smile. When our CEO finally let you join us I was so happy. And then everything became clear to me, I've fell in love with you."
"But I was just as scared as you, thinking you're straight, so in desperate attempt to forget this unrequited love I accepted every single date invitations they gave me. I'm really a moron."
"We are really alike, huh?" Sungah giggled. "Well.. Everyone make mistake by their cowardness. But sometimes there's lucky people who get second chance."
"So, am I lucky enough to start over everything with you?" Hyuna leaned closer, smiling softly.
"Yeah I think so." She got light nod from Sungah as an answer. "And we can start right now."
In one smooth motion she closed distance between them and the two drowned into passionate kiss.

Three heads glued to the door of Sungah's room, trying to eavesdrop the conversation between the new couple.
"So now they are together too?" Kyungri asked to make sure she heard same thing with the maknaes. Both Hyemi and Minha nodded.
"Why I can imagine they're having contest with Eunji and Sera on their apartment all night.." Minha grinned while Kyungri and Hyemi cringed at her.
"I think we'll never have a sleep over there anymore."