Ch. 3

Please Save Me From My Dream

Morning came quicker than any of them had wanted. It felt like they had just closed their eyes when their phones were ringing and buzzing with alarms. In the living room Kyungsoo’s eyes fluttered open as his phone rang on the coffee table beside him. Kai groaned and pulled the blankets up higher. Kyungsoo crinkled his nose when he felt the sweat from the night before still stuck to his body. Getting up he winced with his joints cracked one by one. Making his way to the bathroom he could hear the other members whining and complaining about the lack of sleep. Finally making it to the bathroom he rubbed his eyes and looked in the mirror. His skin was pale with a slight green tint and his eyes were red and puffy. Splashing his face with water, he hoped that it would bring some life back, but it didn’t.

Suho cracked an eye when his phone rang. Rubbing his eyes he realized that they were swollen from crying. Yixing also awoke with the alarm and sat up from his bed. His hair was going every which way and he cracked his back. Taking one look at Suho he walked out the room and to the kitchen. Running a rag under cold water he returned and handed it to Suho. “Here put this over your eyes for a little bit. They’re pretty swollen.”

Suho took the rag and did as told, “Thanks.” They could hear the other members slowly rising from their rooms and making their way to the tiny bathroom that they all shared. After a few minutes Suho took of the rag and set it on the night stand. “We should get up. The van will be here soon and we can’t afford to be late.”

Yixing just nodded. Shoving on a clean t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants he grabbed his hoodie, a pair of sunglasses, and a hat. Not even bothering to look in the mirror he exited the bedroom. Walking into the living room he saw that the other members had done the same wardrobe wise. Taking a seat on the couch he stared up at Suho who had taking his place at the front of the room.

“Ok guys. I know that we are all really freaking tired. But we need to work hard or else practice will only last longer. I’m sorry if I could do anything I would, but I can’t and neither can you so let’s just suffer together.”

No one had time to reply because the door was already being knocked on. They all stood up with grunts and groans and made their way down the stairs. Many of them were still too sore to make it down themselves and required the help of another. They climbed into the van and all headphones and sunglasses went on as they tried to get some sleep on the way to the studio. During times like these even 30 minutes of sleep was precious. Suho looked in the rearview mirror at his exhausted members. Many of them looked sickly and thin. Shaking his head he closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep as well.

He had barely fallen asleep when they were at the studio. Baekhyun was the last one out of the van and immediately grabbed onto Chanyeol’s hand. The studio was surrounded by fans screaming and grabbing at the members. Baekhyun winced when a fan scraped at his arm. Chanyeol noticed and wrapped his long arm around Baekhyun and pulled him in. Looking around he noticed that the other members were also having issues like that. Kyungsoo had lost his hat and was doing his best to support Kai who could still barely walk. Tao and Kris were both tall so they weren’t having as much trouble. The guards ushered them inside and they all relaxed.

“Damn crazy fans.” Chen whispered as he inspected Xiumin for any bruises or cuts. Luhan had a cut on his cheek and Sehun was inspecting it as they were being directed to their rooms. Chanyeol remembered that Baekyhun had been hurt in the squabble and looked around for him, but discovered that he was already gone. Deciding that it would have to wait he let his guide direct him to his own room.

They all spent the next hour continuing where they left off the night before. Each worked their hardest and put everything into it. By the time lunch came around they were already exhausted. They gathered in one of the larger practice rooms one by one. After they were all there with water bottles in hand, their manager came in.

“I was told that you all put forth a lot of effort today as well as last night. I’m very satisfied and so are the trainers. We’ve decided to give you a lunch break today. It will begin in 10 minutes at 11:00 and end at 1:00. That gives you 2 hours to do what you want. However, you are all aware of the fans outside today so you will all exit using the back door. You are required to have a hoodie, hat, and sunglasses on when you leave. All cell phones must be on, and you can’t go more than 4 blocks away. That is all. You’re dismissed.”

The manager left, but the members still sat stunned that they were getting a break. Finally Suho was the first one to speak. “This is great guys. You’ve all earned a break and I’m really proud of you. Use it wisely and don’t let yourself get into any trouble or we won’t get another break for a very long time.” The other members were slowly becoming more and more excited. “Yes! We understand!” Suho smiled, “Alright then let’s go! There’s a Korean BBQ place just a block away that I know of. Does everyone want to go there?” They all agreed and got their gear on. Tao glanced in the mirror before he put on his sunglasses and touched his eye bags that were a blue color from lack of sleep. Kris noticed and came up behind him. Gently pulling his hand down from his face he smiled. “Is there something wrong Tao?” Tao shook his head and put on his sunglasses, “No, just noticing that my eye bags are darker than usual.” Kris was about to comment on how beautiful Tao looked even with darker eye bags, but Tao shoved his hands in his pockets and strutted off with the other members before he got a chance. Frowning from the abandonment he ran after him.

They all snuck out of the back door and through the alleys. They saw the fans waiting outside of the entrance and eyed them carefully. Once they were sure that they were far enough away they relaxed. Suho pointed down a road and motioned for the members to follow him. The entered the small shop and took their seats at a table. As they got their orders taken they removed their head gear.

The food came and they each placed some on the grill. Xiumin however was skeptical about eating. He knew that the doctor told him he needed to lose more weight, but he was so hungry. His stomach growled at the sight of the food and as he heard and smelled its beautiful fumes he felt like crying. Chen noticed his friend in distress and gripped his hand, “If you’re hungry you should eat. Don’t worry.”

Xiumin reluctantly picked up a piece of meat and set it on the grill. Using his chopsticks he moved it around until it was done. Picking it up with shaky hands he set it on his plate and his lips. Everyone else around him was inhaling their food and he was tempted to do the same. Bringing the food to his lips he opened his mouth and let it enter. The flavor exploded on his tongue and shoved the rest into his mouth chewing and enjoying every bite. Soon it was gone and he wanted more. The thought of weight loss was forgotten and all he wanted was to fill his starving belly. Soon the plates of meat were empty and the members were sitting there patting their full stomachs.

Luhan checked his watch, “Guys we still have another hour if we want to go find somewhere for dessert?” All of them were open to the idea and after paying for their meal they put their hats and glasses back on before walking out to the street. They looked around for a dessert place and quickly spotted a bakery. As they entered they were greeted with the warm scent of pastries. Luhan saw Sehun staring through the glass at a specific tart with sad eyes. “Is there something wrong Sehun?” He asked as he rested his hand on his shoulder. Sehun shook his head, “No it’s just that my mom made pastries that looked like that one and it just made me a little homesick that all.” Luhan smiled and went to the register. “Excuse me. Can I get that pastry right there?” he asked while pointing to the one Sehun had been looking at. After paying he went to Sehun and took him by the hand leading him to one of the tables. Setting the plate down, he handed Sehun a fork. “Here. Eat it.” Sehun just stared at him at first before slowly taking a bite. Luhan watched Sehun eat it, his face slowly warming up. “How is it?” he asked. Sehun looked up at him and smiled, “My mom’s is better.” They laughed and forgot about their exhausting lives for just a moment.

However, it was just a moment and they were soon called by Suho to head back. As they were walking in the streets Kyungsoo noticed some girls whispering to each to each other. Reaching over he tugged on Kai’s sleeve, “Hey I think those girls might recognize us.” Kai looked over and nodded at Kyungsoo. Picking up the pace they slowly broke into a sprint. Kyungsoo grabbed onto Kai and they ran ahead of everyone else. Kyungsoo felt the cold air sting at his lungs and he felt slightly sad that the fun time was ending, but happy that it happened.

Suddenly a screech was heard before a crash. Things seemed to move in slow motion as Kyungsoo turned around and saw a figure lying in the road. The other members seemed to do the same as they slowly turned and ran towards the accident. Kyungsoo stood over everyone as they stared down at Yixing. His eyes were closed and blood was slowly pooling around him. Suho was crying while holding his hand and telling him to stay with him. Chen was in the corner pale white and on the phone. Kyungsoo assumed that he was calling 911. The event caught the attention of the fans outside of the building and they were making their way over. Soon they noticed who was involved in the accident and camera began to flash.

 Kyungsoo just stared as his friend slowly bled on the ground and anger boiled inside of him. How could they take pictures at a time like this? Turning around he felt angry hot tears spill over his cheeks. “How can you do that at a time like this?! Can’t you see that Yixing is hurt?! Please just leave us alone! Can’t you see that all you cause is trouble?!” Kyungsoo was hysterical now and the fans were just staring at him. Kai noticed this and walked over. Grabbing Kyungsoo by the elbow he pulled him into his chest and protected him from the cameras. Soon the ambulance arrived and took Yixing away. Suho ran after the ambulance as it took off, but Tao and Kris grabbed him to prevent him from going any further. Despite all of the commotion they made their way back to the building where they met a fuming manager.

“What was all of that?! There were fans, sirens, ambulances, did something happen?”

Suho stared ahead emotionless. “Yixing was hit by a car. He’s being taken to the hospital.”

It happened quickly. The manager raised his hand one second and slapped Suho the next. Suho didn’t cry, he just let his head snap to the side. “God dammit Suho! I let you have a break and you get a member killed?!”

This caught Suho’s attention and his head jerked up. “No! Yixing isn’t going to die! He’s going to be fine! He has to be.”

The manager ignored him and continued. “I’m starting to think it was a mistake to have you as leader. You’re irresponsible and careless. Well there’s nothing to do now. Let’s all go to the hospital and we will discuss how we are going to deal with this later. I just need to know if I need to look for a replacement for Yixing.”

None of the members could believe what their manager was saying. How could he talk about replacing Yixing already? They all numbly followed their manager to the back of the building where they loaded into their black vans and sat staring out the window, not seeing the world that was passing by.

All they could think was ‘Please let Yixing be ok.’

 

 

Another Chapter :D Please comment, subscribe, and upvote for more 

Thanks so much for reading