Ch. 1

Please Save Me From My Dream

The lights flashed and the music pounded as Exo performed on stage. Their bodies dripped with sweat and they muscles ached as they glided around the slick stage. Luckily, they kept their footing because they knew the punishment for those who fell on stage. The last song ended and they tried to catch their breath. Linking hands, they bowed to the crowd one last time before they walked off stage with smiles on their faces still waving to the crowd.

Once off stage, their masks fell off. They leaned on each other as their throats burned and their bodies turned to jelly. They were quickly ushered into their dressing rooms as the backstage crew prepared for the next band.

Suho shakily stood up and took a deep breath. "Good job tonight guys. I know everyone worked really hard. I promise that you will all get time to rest when we get back."

He felt warmth in his chest when genuine smiles formed on the other member's faces.

Yixing stood up and walked over to where Suho was standing. "Do you mean it? Ahh it's been so long since we've actually been able to rest. I'm so tired. I think we all are."

"I know you are," Suho said, "and I know that we all prayed that this day would come. We knew it wouldn't be easy, but we did it, and we should be proud." Suho raised his water bottle that had been sitting on the table and held it in the air. "Cheers."

The rest of the members did the same with their water bottles.

"Cheers!"

They were still celebrating with their manager came through the door with an angry look on his face. Immediately their smiles fell.

"Chen! What were you thinking on that high note?! It was damn near shameful. I've already scheduled you for 3 hours in the vocal rooms after this and don't even think about skipping or I'll have you kicked out for good. And Kai! You don't deserve to be known as the lead dancer! That as sloppy foot work and ty body movement! You looked stiff as a board and I won't have it. 2 hours of yoga and then 2 hours of dance practice. There were so many things wrong tonight it isn't even funny. Just because I did single you out specifically doesn't mean that you did anything right. Everyone will spend at least 5 hours tonight running through choreography and songs before this night is over. Am I understood?"

The members bowed their heads and nodded. "Yes sir."

"Good. I know I'm being harsh, but it's not just me. It's the fans, Lee Soo-man, and most of all for yourselves. None of you were actually proud of that performance tonight were you?" no one said a word, "I didn't think so. Now hurry up and change, the van is waiting for all of you outside."

The door closed and the members let out breaths they didn't even know they were holding.

Tao sniffled into his sleeve.

"Don't do that. You're going to get our outfits dirty." Kyungsoo said softly as he gently pulled Tao's arm down.

"Sorry hyung, it's just that I thought the last wushu flip went really well, but I guess it didn't and I'm just sad." Tao mumbled.

"Hyung, I thought you said that we were resting tonight. You never mentioned the hours of work that came before it." Sehun spat.

Luhan walked over to Sehun and put his arms around his shoulders, "Yeah. You said that we would rest. You promised." he whispered.

The room was filled with murmers of agreement. A sharp rap on the door told them it was time to go. As they began to flow out the door, Suho continued to bow and apologize even though he knew that no one was listening.

Suho was the last one into the van and everyone refused to make eye contact. The smell of sweat quickly filled the van and a few coughs were heard. It was rare that everyone was healthy at the same time so no one reacted.

Xiumin reached over and held Chen's hand. He hadn't stopped crying since they got in the van. Chen looked over at Xiumin's sympathetic smile and broke down again, burying his face in Xiumin's neck.

Kai in the back with Kyungsoo just sat staring ahead as Kyungsoo gently massaged his throbbing knee. Luhan and Sehun were resting both of their heads on each other as they tried to get a of sleep. Anything was better than nothing. Tao wasn't even in his seat as he clung to Kris and shivered now that his sweat had dried.

The van reached the training building and the doors opened. Slowly they got out one by one dragging their feet the entire way. They were each sent to their on practice room to work on their own for 2 hours before they were joined as a group.

Chen winced as his voice cracked again and he coughed into his arm. He heard the overhead voice scold him, but he couldn't process what they were saying. The music restarted and he tried again, but failed. He felt tears well in his eyes as he was scolded once again. 'Why can't I do this? Why am I so useless? I'm holding the entire group back. I need to work harder so I can make Xiumin and everyone else happy, but it hurts. I want to sleep. I'm hungry and every part of my body hurts.' His thoughts were interruped when the overhead squealed. "Chen!! Get back to work! You're going to be here an extra hour if you don't work harder! Now do it again!."

Kai missed the soft touch of Kyungsoo and had traded it for more aches and pains. He watched as his body moved in the mirror, but it just didn't seem good enough. He was so distrated by his thoughts that he lost his footing and fell to the floor. His ankled ached and he wanted nothing more than to just stay on the cool floor, but his trainer snapped him out of his thought. Grabbing the wall he pulled himself up and limped to the middle of the floor to start again. 'Kyungsoo-hyung, please come for me soon. Everything hurts and you're the only one who can making it better.

Tao flipped in the air the what seemed to be the hundreth time. He barely caught himself as he landed and immediately sat down with no breath left in him. The martial arts trainer he was assigned to was strict and scolded him, "If you're going to sit, at least do some sit-ups. You're core is weak like your skills and there is more than enough room for improvement. Do it again." Tao took position and prepared to jump. he felt his feet leave the group as he twisted in the air. All of a sudden a sharp pain shot through his back. Crying out, he felt his body come crashing down to the hard, wooden floor. He was aware of his trainer screaming in the backgroud, but his entire head was ringing. Suddenly Kris' face appeared in his head and he thought about how hard Kris worked everyday. Taking a deep breath, he pulled himself up before taking position once again.

Luhan felt a tear slip down his cheek. The teacher told him that he was pronouncing all of his words wrong and he didn't know what to do. He was beginning to become flustered and his head spun. Although he knew a fair amount of Korean, it still wasn't good enough. His hand was sore from writing letters over and over, and his tongue seemed as though it had lost all feeling. He thought of Sehun and his adorable smile and internally giggled. Unfortunately he was brought back to reality when a sharp sting in his fingers from a ruled called his attention. "Luhan! No daydreaming. You're Korean is poor. Practically that of a 3rd grader. Repetition is key. So, let us repeat."

Kyungsoo was glaring daggers and the mirror that he knew contained those who judged him. He knew he was doing it right, but they just didn't see that they were the ones who knew nothing. The song started again and he rolled his eyes. He sang with no emotion, no love, no cares. Memories of his training days when he sang with purpose flooded his mind and he suddenly missed those times. Times with purpose. Times with reason for suffering. Now he only suffered for faceless fans.

Xiumin took a deep breath. He was in the nurses office for another weigh in. He stood there trying his best to cover himself with his arms. The doctor stood there with a clip board and motioned for him to step onto the scale. Xiumin had been dieting all month. He barely ate anything and felt sick 24/7, now he just prayed that it would all pay off. He couldn't see the numbers, but had a good feeling. However, that feeling went away at the sight of the doctor's face. "Ah Xiumin, you've been working hard I see, unfornately not quite enough. We wanted you at 60kg and you're still at 65. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to cut back even more this month." Xiumin's face dropped. "Yes sir."

Baekhyun pulled his jacket on tighter. "Baekhyun, you're aware of your weakness when it comes to dealing with the cold correct?" Baekhyun nodded. "Good. It is not acceptable for you to crack or fumble just because of the weather. To help you, we've turned down the temperature in this room and you will sing for at least 2 hours. If they aren't perfect, then 3. Do you understand?" Baekhyun nodded again. "Good, now I'm going to go into the recording room to listen you'll be on your own, but I will still give you feedback. Let's begin." The instructor left the room, but not before turning it down another 10 degrees. Baekhyun felt his teeth begin to chatter he clenched his teeth tighter. Zipping his jacket all the way up the snuggled into it; it was Chanyeol's afterall. Inhaling, he let Chanyeol's scent warm him from the inside out, but it didn't last long because the cold sound of music began to sound.

Sehun scowled. He had recently grown taller and he still wasn't used to his new body. His movement were awkward and it was difficult to bend certain ways, but the instructor insisted that he stretch further. He grinded his teeth as they pushed harder on his back and pulled his muscles tighter. He never understood how this made him more flexible, he always walked away more sore and stiff than when he came. Annoyed he stood up and whipped around. Tempted to yell he opened his mouth, but remembered his position and closed it again. Apologizing, he got back down on his hands and knees and allowed them to resume.

Yixing raised his leg and looked at it in the mirror. He tried to get it exactly to 180 degrees, but it just wouldn't make it. Letting out a breath of frustration, he sat down and ruffled his hair. The door opened and his trainer saw him on the ground and exploded. "You think you're good enough to sit?! You think you don't need to train?! Your movement are slopping and inaccurate. Do it again unless you want to continue to be Exo's weakest link." Yixing obeyed.

Kris cleared his throat. He had been rapping for a solid hour and his tongue felt like it had turned to mush. He held pages an pages of lyrics in his hands and he still had many more to go. He sighed and cracked his neck. All he heard in his headphones were their criticisms and opinions. He had already done a 4 hour long concert and his voice was shot. They finished their commentary and the music started again. Taking a deep breath, he forced himself back into his everlasting beat.

Chanyeol stomped his foot. He couldn't take it anymore. Not only did he have to balance his position in Exo, but he was recruited to star in K.Will's music video as well. Between the schedule for filming and training for their next comeback he was exhausted, now he had to sit with his manager as he argued over what to do with his time. He didn't understand why he couldn't decide himself. But this was the fate of a star, right?

Suho sat in a daze. He felt guilty and awful all at the same time. He had lied to his band mates. To the people that trusted him. He was supposed to be their leader yet he gave them all false hope. He was being briefed on the schedules for the coming week and they were brutal. Barely 3 hours of sleep a night. Putting his head in his hands he let out a breath. He was exhausted both physically and mentally. A tap on the hand called him back to attention. "Sorry. Just tired." Unsympathetic eyes stared back. "Yes. I see. Well then let's continue." Suho glanced up at the clock to see many more hours ahead of them.

 

 

 

 

First Chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Please comment, subscribe, and upvote! I really appreciate it :)