Arms

Think of...Lucy

 

 

'The nicest thing about a hug is that you usually can't give one

without getting one...'


 

"Calling the attention of Code Blue Team, please proceed to Emergency room..."

 

 

 


"Calling the attention of Code Blue Team, please proceed to Emergency room...",
spoke of the person on the intercom.

 

 

"Dr. Byun", Taeyeon called out to him, gaining his attention towards the ongoing emergency call.

He immediately diverted his gaze and heave a heavy sigh with a slight furrowed eyebrows,

 

"I guess that will be the first for this day", he said looking out on the way leading to the emergency room.

"Sadly...that may be true Dr.", Taeyeon hesitantly said, for she cannot find the right words to answer. 

Seeing the sudden change on his expressions, and feeling the unfavorable atmosphere around them. 

Another unfortunate fate as they both thought of it.

 

"I'll take my leave now, we'll be needed there", making his way out, attending on the urgent need of his presence.

 

"There's still a chance...-", Taeyeon unconciously blurted out that made Dr. Byun stopped on his track, and then returned his gaze onto her,  "-it's not yet over", she added then gave him an assuring smile.

Him understanding what she means, he replied without second thought,

"I know, thank you Nurse Taeyeon", he smiled back at her sincerely and assuring her too with the situation beforehand.

"And oh by the way, you owe me that one", he added waving his hands to her signaling of his leaving.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand left clueless on his last words. 

Shrugging it off in her head, she resumed on her chartting, and taking another glance to Lucy's weird drawing that she's still holding before keeping it on her pocket.

She find herself thinking over again on the awkward moment happened minutes ago between her and Dr. Byun, and she can't help but to blushed in embarassment.  Shaking the thoughts off again, but in the end  she still managed to utter to herself,

 

"I trust you Dr. Byun",  and uplifting her hope towards the person who is in need of the emergency care for she clearly knows that they're not going to give up that easily.

 

 

 

 


______________________________________________________

"Keroberos, Keroberos you should eat!", Lucy annoyedly instructed to her favorite toy stuffing its mouth with 

spoonful of a big piece of cake, as if it is has a life and able to open its mouth.

Giving up, she placed down angrily the spoon with a piece of cake back on the tray.

Crossing her arms over her chest and then pouted.

 

"You're a bad boy keroberos...bad bad bad boy!"

"If you keep on doing that, mommy will not be here anytime soon!", she whined as she started to shake the arms of her toy, as if by doing that she will get a response from the toy.

But to her dismay, still there's no response. 

 

"Stop looking at me like that Keroberos, that's the only thing I can do, feed you, and feed you, and wait for mommy to come back, so you have no other choice ,understand bad boy?!" Lucy said firmly, then leading the spoonful of cake to the toy's mouth again.

 

 

"Aigoo! look at this kid, stop torturing him Lucy", suddenly said of the angelic voice behind her.

Lucy startled after hearing the voice out of nowhere, she also dropped the spoon she's holding into the clean white bedsheet.

 

 

"Eonnie look what happened", she protested then looked disgustingly on the messy bedsheet she have now. 

Its all dirty and sticky.

Luckily the spoon didn't drop to her favorite toy or else, she needs to wash and leave it all wet for how many days before it is completely dry, keeping her toy away from her, just by imagining that thing, she feels a sudden pity and loneliness for her tiny toy.

 

"Let me handle it, I'll change your sheet", Taeyeon said admitting her fault of scaring the kid.

 

Getting out of the bed together with her favorite toy, Lucy showed a weird expression on her face, then seated onto the couch, while her eonnie busily cleaning and changing her sheet.

 

 

"Tell me... why are you scolding him huh?", Taeyeon asked breaking the silence inside the room. 

Because after Lucy making herself comfortably sitting on the couch, she didn't open , or even speak a word, in which Taeyeon sensed that something is up.

 

"Because he wasn't eating!", Lucy half shouted while looking fiercely to her favorite toy that she's holding in her 

hands oh so tightly. Diverting her frustrations towards the poor toy.

"And why he's not eating huh?", Taeyeon asked on purpose.

"I don't know, he's just mean"

"Mean?"

"Yeah", Lucy tiredly answered her

Taeyeon looked over to the kid upon hearing her word,

"He's a stubborn kid eonnie", she added


Taeyeon shook her head, seeing the gloomy state of the kid. 

She went to the kid, carried her back to the bed, as she just finished changing the sheet.

 

 

"Here you go...both of you are stubborn anyways", Taeyeon chuckled. 

The girl heard it, then pouted again.

 

"Yah, its true though... you didn't even eat, you didn't even touch your food...Now tell me, what's up?", Taeyeon asked,

but mostly worried for the fact that she's been like this for the past days. Its so unusual of her.

The girl looked up blankly to the lady without saying a word or showing any single hint that there's something bothering her.

 Unsure of opening up her own feelings, unsure of the things she's about to say, unsure that she might not understand her side. Despite of that uncertainty, she instead choose to trust the lady.

 

 

"I... Im worried eonnie", she whispered but Taeyeon able to catch her words clearly, and with that it only confirmed that something is going on with the kid.

Taeyeon draw closer to the kid, as she shifted her position beside the kid this time, leaning her head on the headboard, 

while embracing Lucy to her arms that sends a comforting feeling for the kid.

She feels at ease even for awhile, because of the warmth embrace Taeyeon is giving to her.

 

"May I know what's worrying you?",she carefully asked, well she still asked eventhough she knows that anytime soon the kid will eventually will tell it to her.


Not believing that despite of her age, how come this kid already knows how to worry for some thing?.

The fact that she understand well what worry mean is, it is something weird.

And she even admit it, not just to me but to herself too.

 

"Mommy", she replied

Taeyeon blinked a few times, before she could process the word, looking down to the girl she can't help but to wonder,

"What about mommy? Is there something wrong?", taeyeon asked, 

She's getting worried too just by seeing the gloomy and sad expression of the kid that never left her face. 

The ever cheerful, jolly, happy kid she is, is now slowly disappearing, and obviously it has something to do with her mommy.

Lucy releasing from the embrace she started to say,

"Eonnie, it's been awhile since I saw mommy, what if she doesn't want to come here anymore?, what if she's not eating,

she's starving to death?...what if...she's sick too?!, what if there's something bad happened to her?!", she finally spill out, letting out all her worriness, all her fears, all her frustrations, all her what ifs she kept for the longest time in her mind.

Her heart race a bit faster, as the emotions, the feelings consumed her, filled her.

"I miss mommy so much"

She felt intimidated, she felt embarassed as she confess her feelings. 

She thought she looks so dumb acting so childish, so dramatic, overthinking of the situation, she can't help but to feel shy towards her eonnie, who just froze in her spot after hearing the kids words.

But little did she know, Taeyeon remained silent in there for she cannot find the right words, she doesn't know how to present herself, and how to react actually.

 

With her honest and bold confession, Taeyeon understand that kids never lie with their feelings, they may hide it for awhile, but once they spill out everything they always appear to be sincere and true. 

How come this kid suffer from all that loneliness, worriness, emptiness inside of her, yet when she present herself to others, and start to talk to them, she can turn into a different person. She can be jolly, positive, and oblivious to her undergoings. 

Its not that she's faking it, but she's just showing that despite of all those things, she can still smile, and make others feel good.

How come she didn't notice it to her. How come she became numb towards the kid's feelings, and to the fact that her mother been missing for some quite time.

She felt guilty. Why she didn't see that she's hurting. Why she didn't see it coming.


Lucy seeing Taeyeon's guilty expression plastered to her face, she shook her head then held her hands with her.

"I will be okay eonnie, mommy will eventually visit me, maybe she's just too busy with work, I'll just wait until she comes back",  she heard herself saying it to herself instead of hearing from someone else. 

Though she did hope that someone could actually say it to her, for she know that it will be more comforting and nicer to hear. 

But then, she didn't lift her hope up that well, she doesn't want to expect anymore.

 

Taeyeon feeling all bad, all useless over again, not knowing what to say, she just pulled the kid into her embrace once again, but tighter this time. 

She felt small towards the kid, she felt bad for being bad at expressing herself with words. 

She has alot of things to say in her mind, but she doesn't know how to put it into words.

 

"Okay, lets wait for her together", she struggle to say, until she felt her eyes watering, and surely anytime soon her tears will about to escape her eyes, she blinks it right away, trying hard to hold back the tears. 

She patted the kid's head gently, while the other hand up and down the kid's back.

Then they rock in each others arms.

 

Lucy receiving the comforting message, and hearing the word 'Together', she's sure that she will not be alone anymore,

no, she always know that she's never alone, and lonely whenever she's with Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon doesn't need to say anything more, for Lucy the mere presence of this lady embracing her oh so lovingly is more than enough than any unspoken words, comforting words.

Truly, Action speaks louder than words.

Simple as that, just a simple hug is enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little did they know, that the person who is missing here for the longest time, is attentively listening and watching the heartful scene before her.

That's where reality strikes her, that's where she realized that she's been away for so long.

She made alot of shortcomings, she left her daughter all alone in this scary, lonely place.

She thought that its okay to leave her for sometimes because she knew that her child is not just an ordinary child, she carry herself well despite of her condition.

But she's wrong, she forgot that Lucy is still a child, she forgot her needs, she forgot that she can be scared sometimes, she forgot that she misses her too, she forgot that she's still young, and she needs her more than anybody else.

She just don't say it, but the truth is, she always long for her mommy to be with her.

 

How could she abandoned her child like that. How could she neglect her fears and needs. How could she.

She can't help but to shed tears with that realization.

"Im really sorry Lucy", then she sob quietly on her spot.

 


Back again...

How was it?^^

Pls. be careful always...

Until next time... Missed BaekYeon moments... hopefully gonna make one next chapter...^^

Byeie...^^