School

I don't cut. Its called scraping

No one’s POV:

“And then followed by Cytokinesis, where we study the division of cytoplasm for both normal body cells and gametes….” Baekhyun ran his pen along the black lines of his black notebook, occasionally looking up at the clean white screen filled with diagrams and pictures, listening to the sound of Mrs Kim’s voice. The class was quiet, everyone diligently listening to the teacher as they took down notes after notes. Baekhyun wasn’t in the top 4th class for nothing.

 The top 4 classes of the graduating 12 classes,

The first and second class, also known as grad 1 and grad 2, had students who either belong to the rich category, or belonged to the very smart category.

The third class, Grad 3, is known as the party animals; contain the richest students in the cohort. Many in Grad 3 pay the school to be in the top 3 classes, given their bad grades they were unable to ballot into the top few classes. Students there are popular, and carefree, and hardly anyone gives a about their grades.

The fourth class, the class where the majority of the cohort appeal for. It was the class where you neither had to be rich, nor be the best of the level. Those that are in grad 4 are split into 2 categories. The first category of students had either worked their way there. These students are hardworking and diligent. The second category are those who are smart and may be smart enough to be the best of the level, but that is only if they work hard. These students don’t work as hard as the first category in grad 4, but because of their intelligence, they score better than the majority, but not enough to be in Grad 1 or grad 2. And Baekhyun, happened to be in the first category of students in grad 4. The category that slog their guts out for their grades

Baekhyun’s POV:

‘Okay class, you are dismissed.” Mrs Kim announced. I shut my black notebook, and proceeded to place my pens and stationary into my pencil box before stuffing it into my bag. Grabbing my wallet, I looked around for Sehun, Suho, Kris, kyungsoo and Kai. Spotting Kyungsoo, I walked up to him.

‘Hey kyung hyung, did the others leave?’ I asked. ‘Yeah I think so, they probably did. You know how Kai and Sehun like to whine about their lunch’ Kyungsoo laughed, his eyes crinkling up as he replied.

‘Thanks for waiting again Kyung hyung, you know you don’t have to wait for me right? You can just go with the rest next time, I’ll eventually catch up’ I sighed. I was too slow again as usual. Out of all of us, I always take time to pack my stuff up after class, afraid to leave them lying around, that’s why I’m so slow at leaving for lunch and the others leave without me. I’m such a burden to Kyung Hyung. If only I wasn’t so slow.

“Hey Baek, its okay, its only lunch, and I don’t have to queue up for food anyways, I always cook my own lunch’ Kyung Hyung replied.

You should be thankful that Kyung Hyung will even wait for you. You don’t deserve this kindness.

“Thanks Hyung, lets hurry go to the cafeteria to see the others”, I put on my best smile I could manage and said to Kyung hyung.

(At the cafeteria)

Baekhyun’s POV:

“ Hyunnngggg, are you not eating again?” Sehun turned towards me. “Umm, I’m not that hungry again, I think my stomach grew smaller cause, I have been surviving on junk food recently, just too lazy to go downstairs to buy food” I tried to brush Sehun off, as I laughed awkwardly.

“Baek, you shouldn’t skip meals, it’s bad for you. Go buy something small, even if you are not hungry, and no buts” Suho hyung said to me firmly. Knowing Suho hyung, it’s impossible to shake him off, so I got up and walked towards the drink stall to buy a cup of yogurt. On the way to the drink stall, I spotted Kai, walking towards the lunch tables with a bowl of hot soup. Look at Jongin, he lost weight again. Jongin’s obsessed with losing weight and being healthy. Ever since he decided to lose weight last year, he began to work out like crazy. His body is one many guys and girls will die for, with well defined abs and his tanned skin for being under the sun while exercising, he was the envy of many, including me. Stop being such a jealous bastard. I chided myself. As I bought my yogurt and walked back to where the guys were sitting

“Oh my gosh guys, Biology, was terrible today. Mrs Kim is really bad at explaining the cell stuff, I almost didn’t catch what she said. How was physics?” Kai asked Sehunnie, Kris hyung, suho hyung, and Kyung hyung. Grad 4 was a fusion class, so half took physics, half took biology. “Urrgh Physics was no better, Mr Park almost blew my brains out for sleeping in class” Kris said.

See Kris, sleeps in every class and he still achieves higher grades.  What a loser you are. Baekhyun once again chided himself. “So ya’ll wanna hang out after school? The ice cream shop has new flavours and I wanna try, lets go hyungs” Sehun said. “I think I’ll skip, Ice cream has too much calories and I booked the gym later, ya’ll go without me” Jongin said. “Jongin ah, you have to chill, its just ice cream” Kyung hyung said. “Okay lets go, but I’m not paying!” Kris hyung said. “But Hyunggg! I booked the gym, ya’ll can’t go without me, I’ll feel left out! Suho hyung! Do something!” Jongin started whining.

No One’s POV:

And that was their typical day at lunch. *Bell rings*

Baekhyun’s POV:

“Suho Hyung, go without me, I need to use the restroom” I hurriedly said as I rushed to the bathroom.

I opened the door to the bathroom and checking to see that everyone has left, I placed the cleaning sign outside the toilet to prevent students from coming in and locked the door. Opening one of the cubicles, I shakily locked the cubical and knelt down on the floor. Taking off my black full framed glasses, I set it down on the floor before grabbing some tissues. I leaned into the toilet bowl, and stuck two fingers down my throat. Gagging, I made soft choking sounds and soon I felt the bile rise up my throat, as the contents of the yogurt came up as I vomited into the toilet bowl. Í continued to do so, as I shoved my two fingers in deeper, my stomach starting to hurt from all the heaving.

I took the tissues and wiped my mouth with them. Sitting down on the toilet floor, I took deep breaths, catching my breath. Slowly standing up, I flushed the toilet bowl and opened the cubicle. Walking over to the sinks, I washed my mouth with tap water to get rid of the acrid taste.

Looking up, I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and I instantly felt my self-esteem hit rock bottom. So fat. So ugly. So unsightly. Look at jongin. He is handsome, and everyone wants to make friends with him. Look at Kris hyung and Sehun. They are intelligent. They don’t need to do much to keep up with the class. Unlike you. Look at Suho hyung. He is the head of student council. So responsible and neatly organized. Everyone can rely on suho hyung to help them out. And Kyung hyung. He is so talented in cooking and he is amazing at singing. He always scores top of the class for cooking singing and for his sciences. You can’t be as good as that. You are such a ing loser. Such a waste of space. Such an ugly, fat, irresponsible person.

I was disgusted with myself. Just the sight of my ugly self made me want to vomit and hit myself against something hard. I wanted to die so badly. But I have no courage to take my own life. I felt the skin under my watch on my left wrist start to itch, tempting me to scratch as the anger rose up my chest, threatening to explode as I fought the urge to find something to scratch my wrist with. Not in school Baek, you can do it all you want at home. Don’t risk getting found out. I grabbed my large black framed glasses, and put it on. I clenched by fists, nails digging into my palms as I unlocked the toilet door, kept the cleaning sign and rushed back to class before I found myself holding a sharp end to my wrist.