Chapter 4

Steps
Where am I? Kyuhyun thought. Everywhere he looked, he saw only darkness. 
 
What is that? He thought when a bright light began to shine, causing his eyes to close. When he opened his eyes, he saw a little boy and another slightly older looking boy. 
 
"Kyu, where are you?" The little boy giggled quietly from his hiding spot behind a wall.
 
Kyu? Is that me? Kyuhyun thought.
 
"Gotcha! Thought that you could hide from me huh, Kyu?" The older boy said, picking up the little boy off the ground 
 
"Tenten hyung! You found me!" The younger boy giggled while throwing his arms over his older brother's shoulders. 
 
Tenten? Who's that? Kyuhyun puzzlingly thought.
 
"Umma! Appa! Noona! Tenten hyung found me again!" The little boy exclaimed to a couple and a younger looking girl. 
 
"Kyuhyun honey, you need to try harder at hiding," the little boy's umma giggled. 
 
So it was me, but I don't remember any of those people. I only had parents and a brother, but they never played with me like this and I never had a sister. Who are these people? Kyuhyun thought. The images suddenly faded as another bright light blinded him.
 
When he opened his eyes again he found himself back in his room. 
 
"Oh, your awake now," He heard Sungmin, who was reading a book, say. 
 
"Are you hungry?" Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun shook his head in response, before he tried getting up. 
 
Before he could respond, the two heard a loud crash coming from deep within the forest.
 
Sungmin grab Kyuhyun quick. The ookamis of the clan are fighting the kyuusetsukis of clan near our home again, so I want everyone far away as possible. The rest will meet up with you at Rosewood like always. 
 
"Kyuhyun, I need you to trust me and let me carry you away from this house. We need to get away from here before the others come and attack us," Sungmin said, after he heard Leeteuk's orders.
 
"Others?" Kyuhyun whispered with fright. 
 
"Ookamis and kyuusetsukis that aren't from our clan. I'll explain things once we get away," Sungmin hurriedly said. Kyuhyun quickly nodded, agreeing to let the Sungmin carry him. He didn't know why, but he had always felt comfortable and safe whenever the older was around, which has always been the opposite of what he would normally feel, afraid and alert.
 
Sungmin, are you out with Kyuhyun,yet? Leeteuk thought 
 
Deh, I just hope that the ookamis and the other kyuusetsukis will leave us alone Sungmin sent back. Kyuhyun had his frail arms wrapped around Sungmin's neck, as Sungmin flew past the rustling trees. 
 
Suddenly the row of trees in front of them were blown away, causing Sungmin to quickly halt. 
 
"Thought that you could run away, kyuusetsuki?" A brown ookami snarled 
 
"Your target is not me, nor my family. We are just moving away from the battle field that is soon to come from your fight with the other kyuusetsukis," Sungmin said calmly. 
 
The wolf snickered, "Anyone that is not an ookami, must be abolished." 
 
Kyuhyun began to whimper from his spot in Sungmin's arms, causing the ookami to finally notice that there was another person with Sungmin. 
 
"My my what do we have here, a kyuusetsuki carrying a filthy ningen. I'm surprised that the blood er hasn't started the life out of you yet, but at least it gives me more of an entertaining game,"  The brown ookami sneered. 
 
"Tch," Sungmin began to snarl, warning the ookami to back off. 
 
How am I going to fight with Kyuhyun in my arms? Kyuhyun won't be able to defend himself, much less run for shelter. Sungmin thought worriedly. 
 
Sungmin, go. I'll take care of this, just escape with Kyuhyun. 
 
Thanks, your a lifesaver Yesung hyung. Be careful hyung. Sungmin thought greatfully.
 
"I'm afraid I will have to take my leave now, but my friend will be willing to take part in your game," Sungmin smirked. The trees began to rustle quickly as rushes of wind pasted Sungmin, picking up the ookami and slamming him into the trees.  
 
"Go Sungmin!" Yesung yelled. Sungmin nodded, springing off the tree branch and escaping into the darkness of the forest. 
 
"It's just you and me now, mutt. I really don't want to hurt you, but it is inevitable since you have refused to leave my family alone," Yesung said.
 
"What makes you think that you will be able to even harm me?" The wolf scowled as he got back onto his feet. 
 
"The wind does," Yesung merely said before he jumped forward. 
 
"Kyuhyun, don't worry we're safe now alright?" Sungmin said. Kyuhyun's shivering had stopped, but he was still holding tightly onto Sungmin. Sungmin fastened his pace, worrying that their encounter with the werewolf had worsened Kyuhyun's condition. 
 
 
Luckily for Sungmin, they soon arrived at Rosewood. Cliche as it's name, Rosewood was a two story house made out of entirely wood and was surrounded by rose bushes. Unlike normal rose bushes, the bushes were enchanted by the mejins of their clan to provide a barrier that completely cuts off traces of their presence and smell to avoid any unwanted attention. The clan frequently uses it as their safety home when battles broke out between other clans that still hold the deep hate and grudges against other species. 
 
"Sungmin hyung! You're here!" Kibum happily said, opening the door to the home for Sungmin to enter, "Hangeng hyung and Shindong hyung are on their way to meet up with Yesung hyung already, in case he needed help to fight that ookami you ran into." 
 
"How did you know that Yesung hyung was fighting?" Sungmin said. 
 
"Hyung, my rinjin," Kibum said.
 
"I should've known. Thanks anyway Kibummie," Sungmin chuckled. "I'm going to go put Kyuhyun in his temporary room now. Can you stay here and wait for the others?"
 
 After Kibum nodded in response, Sungmin left with Kyuhyun still in his arms.
 
Kibummie? It must be another member of his coven. Will he explain why we had to leave so suddenly after I wake up? Kyuhyun thought as he stared at Sungmin, who was currently tucking him into his bed after he had helped him change into new pajamas. His temporary room had darker shades of blue for the walls, but the simple furniture and decorations were almost the same as his previous room. 
 
Both rooms must be made by the same person. Kyuhyun thought silently, as he slowly fell asleep. 
 
They were made by the same person Kyuhyun, me. Sungmin thought, chuckling at Kyuhyun's last thought.
Realizing what he was doing, Sungmin shook his head and left the room to search for Leeteuk.
 
As promised, this chapter was focused on Minkyu/Kyumin! :) I hope that this chapter was enjoyable for everyone and please comment! ^-^
 
Until next time~ :)