Chapter 3

Steps
"Hyung!" Kibum screamed, tackling Sungmin onto the floor. The other two remained at the door, chuckling. 
 
"Where's Leeteuk hyung?" Hangeng finally asked. 
 
"Ah, he's in his study, I think. I was about to go find him, until I heard the bell ring. Out of curiosity, I thought you each had a key to the house?" Sungmin questioned. 
 
"We each thought that someone else had the key, so we each didn't bring our key," Siwon answered sheepishly. 
 
Having met with this situation many times in the past, Sungmin merely shook his head before he decided to finish his task of finding Leeteuk. The other three glanced at each other before they decided to follow Sungmin. They needed to go check in with their umma like leader about the events that they have missed and precautions that the leader may have set. 
 
Hyung, after you check in with Teukie hyung you should go see Heechul hyung Sungmin thought, using his saiwan. 
 
Why? Hangeng thought.
 
The human that is in our care appears to have been abused and although it has been a while, it seems Heechul hyung is still bothered by...his past Sungmin thought carefully. 
 
It was a known fact that Heechul's past was a very delicate subject for him, so the members would try to avoid the topic of pasts around him, even Hangeng, who was Heechul's mate. Hangeng remained silent for the rest of the time until they had reached their leader's study. 
 
 
"Alright, you are all dismissed, except Kibum," Leeteuk said. When everyone had left the Leeteuk's study, Leeteuk turned his head towards Kibum. 
 
"Kibum, have you seen anything recently that involves Kyuhyun?" Leeteuk asked. Like a kyuusetsukis who are gifted with a saiwan, mejins are gifted with a rinji, which are areas that the mejin is more powerful in and are able to use more freely. For Kibum, his rinji were glimpses of the future.
 
"Deh, but they were short glimpses and from what I could understand Kyuhyun will become very important to us. Why or how, I'm not really sure of yet," Kibum answered.
 
"Alright, thank you Kibum. Please continue to watch out for anything else that involves Kyuhyun," Leeteuk said. Kibum nodded before he left Leeteuk's study. 
 
I wonder if the time has come already. Leeteuk thought heavily with his hands clasped together. 
                                                                                         
 
"Shhh be quiet," Donghae whispered to Eunhyuk. The two were extremely bored, so they decided that they would go check on the ningen. It was surprising how close the two were, especially since one was a kyuusetsuki and the other an ookami.  
 
"Hae, do you think he's awake yet?" Eunhyuk asked while the two of them hid behind the couch of the living room that was the closest to the Kyuhyun's room. 
 
"I hope he is! It's been a while since we had someone join our family. The last was Kibum and now it's Kyuhyun!" Donghae exclaimed happily. 
 
"What are you two doing?" The two of them heard, scaring them from their position. 
 
The two moved upwards to see Sungmin standing in front of Kyuhyun's door with an eyebrow crooked up in a questioning manner. 
 
"We wanted to see if Kyuhyun was up yet," Donghae said sheepishly. 
 
"So you decided to hide behind the couch?" Sungmin questioned. 
 
"We thought that since we are doing it secretly, we had to hide behind objects and roll so that we can reach our destination," Eunhyuk said, which had been true since the two had been hiding and rolling behind objects from their shared room, which was on the second floor.  
 
"You guys do know that I can hear your thoughts, so I would still know, plus we all have super senses, so we wouldn't need to look for you. Your smell is enough for us to know, especially you, Eunhyuk. 
 
"I don't smell that bad, do I?" Eunhyuk asked sadly. 
 
"Oh yeah! Can we see the ningen now hyung?" Donghae excitedly asked, ignoring Eunhyuk's question. 
 
"He's asleep now, but if you two are good, I'll let you go see him for a little," Sungmin said. The two nodded their heads then followed Sungmin into Kyuhyun's room. 
 
"Waah, he looks so small!" Donghae exclaimed, before Sungmin smacked his head for almost waking up Kyuhyun.
 
"He'll be fine right hyung?" Eunhyuk asked Sungmin in concern.
 
"With time and care, he'll heal," Sungmin said quietly, while staring at Kyuhyun's sleeping face. Eunhyuk and Donghae continued to look curiously at Kyuhyun because they have never seen a ningen up close before. 
 
He'll definitely heal like... Me. It's been a while since I joined this family right? Donghae thought
 
"Yes it has Hae," Sungmin answered with a gentle smile, before he made them both leave since their visit had ended.
 
It's unbelievable how much I have changed and healed ever since Hyukkie and I joined this clan. Donghae thought quietly to himself, as he entered his room while Eunhyuk left to shower. Donghae decided to lay down on his bed, before he continued to remember how he and Eunhyuk had ended up with their estrange family.
 
Donghae's flashback
 
Donghae you're not worthy enough to be a part of our clan.
 
You have too much sympathy and love for the other species and your friendship with them, especially the ookami, is unacceptable.
 
We had hoped that it had been just a phase, but unfortunately it merely grew, leaving us with no choice but to disown you.
 
Lee Donghae, you will no longer speak or associate yourself with our clan.
 
Everywhere he looked, he was only meet with scornful or sorrowful faces and more remarks. The remarks hadn't affected him as much, but when his eyes landed on his family, he didn't want to listen or look anymore.
 
You are just like your father Hae. Loving the other species, when you know that you shouldn't.
 
A disgrace towards our clan and family name.
 
Why?
 
As if it hadn't been enough, he had to watch as his clan and family members leave him alone, knowing that it would be the last time he would see them. Once they had all left, Donghae sank down to his knees and began to cry at the empty feeling that he was feeling. It may have been hours before his best friend, Eunhyuk, had found him still on his knees with dried tear streaks down his face and a blank, lost look in his eyes.
 
"Hyuk, their gone. I'v been disowned and now I'm going to be alone forever," Donghae mumbled soullessly.
 
"Hae, you're not alone! Forget about them, they don't understand anything about you, but I do and I will stay with you until the end. Hae, please answer me!" Hyuk pleaded, while tears began to form in his eyes. Donghae merely continued to mumble about being alone, before he began to cry again. Eunhyuk didn't know what to do, besides wrapping his arms around his friend and began to cry with him.
 
Over the next few days, Donghae continued to stay silent and unmoving from his spot in the abandon house that Eunhyuk had been able to find for him to stay in for the next few days. Eunhyuk continued to diligently take care of Donghae, such as feeding him or washing him, until one day when he had come by late. When Eunhyuk finally arrived at the house, he hadn't expected to find Donghae crying and shaking.
 
"Hae, are you alright?" Eunhyuk asked in concern because Donghae's shaking had been something that he hadn't seen for the past few days. 
 
Upon hearing Eunhyuk's voice, Donghae snapped his head up to make sure that he wasn't hearing things and when he confirmed that it wasn't a dream, he jumped on Eunhyuk, hugging him tightly.
 
"Why were you so late! I-I-I thought that you had given up on me and left me alone,you pabo," Donghae sniffled, while weakly hitting Eunhyuk's chest with his fists.
 
"I'm so sorry, Hae. I was finishing some business, but now it's finished so we can leave as soon as you want," Eunhyuk mumbled into Donghae hair, as he held him close.
 
"Leave? To where?" Donghae asked, confused.
 
"To anywhere you want," Eunhyuk said gently. Donghae continued to look questioningly at Eunhyuk, until he saw the items that that Eunhyuk had brought with him, two traveling bags. Suddenly, all of Eunhyuk's words and the bags made sense to Donghae, who was now beginning to cry even more. 
 
"W-Why would you just leave your pack, just for me? I have nothing and I'm not anything special," Donghae cried into Eunhyuk's chest.
 
"Hae, that's where you're wrong. You are a very special person, who can kick other people's with water and love others no matter what their specie is. My pack was getting annoyed with my friendship with you anyway and I'm not that close to my family either, so leaving the pack before they could disown me and travel with you would make me much happier," Eunhyuk said with a goofy smile.
 
"Y-Your such an idiot Hyuk," Donghae continued to cry and wonder what he had done to deserve someone so nice and amazing as a best friend. 
 
Eunhyuk knew that he hadn't meant anything bad, so he just continued to hug him in his embrace with a gentle smile until they both fell asleep, leaning on each other while slumping against the wall of the abandoned house.
 
End of Donghae's flashback
 
The morning after, we left the empty house with only the packs that Hyukkie brought on our backs, but we were happy. As we traveled around, I had began to slowly heal, much to Hyukkies delight and soon after we were able to become a part of such an amazing, yet kind family. Donghae thought.
 
"Hae, the shower is open now," Donghae snapped out his flashback to find Eunhyuk walking towards him while drying his hair with a small white towel.
 
"Deh! Took you long enough! I almost fell asleep waiting for you to finish," Donghae joked.
 
"Hey I didn't take that long!" Eunhyuk retorted. The two continued to bicker playfully with smiles on their faces. 
 
 
"It won't be much longer until they all learn the truth and awaken. We mustn't let Him interfere with the prophecy once again," a cloaked figure said, watching Sungmin read a book to Kyuhyun. 
 
"He's done it once already, causing this foolish hatred between the mejins, kyuusetsukis, and the ookamis," another figure said, standing behind the other cloaked figure. 
 
Both figures were quietly observing the Furu clan from their hidden spot among the numerous tree branches with a barrier up to prevent anyone from discovering their presence. 
 
After a while the first figure sighed before turning to the other figure, "Let's go back, the other three are waiting for us." 
 
"Deh," the other said. The two disappeared into thin air, leaving nothing in their place. 
 
I know, too much eunhae and not any moments for Minkyu >.< I'll make up for that in the next chapter, but for now I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Comments are loved~!! ;) 
 
Until the next update~ ^-^