Chapter 1

Steps

Note: the meanings of the Japanese words that are used are below in the author notes. Enjoy~! ^-^ 


"Slow down you brat!" Heechul exclaimed, chasing after Sungmin.

 

"Slow down and get killed by you? No, thanks hyung!" Sungmin claimed cheekily while speeding up to escape the wrath of his drama queen hyung. 
 
It was a snowy day, yet warm and light enough for the Furu clan of meijins, kyuuketsukis, and ookamis to venture out and enjoy the snowy scenery of the forest that surrounded their home.
 
"That's it, you're so going to get it when I get my hands on you!" Heechul shouted.
 
"That is if you can!" Sungmin sang.
 
"Aigoo, what am I going to do with you two! You both are so childish, like children!" Leeteuk said shaking his head, as he watched Heechul put Sungmin into a head lock. 
 
"It must be because both of them are from different species, Sungmin being a kyuuketsuki and Heechul a meijin!" Kangin joked.
 
"We aren't that bad, hyung. Eunhae is worse then us and besides Sungmin brought it upon himself calling me an old hag," Heechul said with scoff.
 
"Hey! That's not true, hyung!" Eunhyuk and Donghae exclaimed.
 
"I forgot about those two, but now that you've mentioned it, I guess you two are better then children," Leeteuk said after he looked back to where Donghae and Eunhyuk had been wrestling each other over who would get to name the squirrel that they had randomly found in a tree. 
 
"Umma!" Eunhae exclaimed with horror.
 
 
Am I destined to die? Will there be anyone to cry for me? Probably not, I'm such a pathetic and worthless ningen as they said. A pale, skinny male thought as he collapsed into the heavy, deep snow, losing consiousness quickly.
 
"Waaaah, it's so pretty Yesung!" Ryeowook exclaimed as he continued to run up the snowy hills of the forest's meadow. Yesung was walking much slower, quietly chuckling at his mate's antics. 
 
"Wookie, slow down before you hurt yourself" Yesung called out, despite knowing that it would be near impossible, considering the fact that his mate was a meijin.
 
"Don't worry Ye-. By the holy kitchen, Yesung go get the others!" Ryeowook urgently called out. Hearing the panic in his mate's voice, Yesung used his kyuusetsuki speed to fetch the other members.
 
Ryeowook quickly kneeled down beside an unconcious and fragile looking male, who was laying in the cold snow, to check for any possible injuries, especially injuries that were bleeding.
 
"Wookie, what's wrong?" Leeteuk asked urgently as soon as they arrived.
 
"I found him unconsious in the snow and by the looks of it, he's a ningen. He doesn't have any injuries that are in deperate need of attention, but he is unhealthyly skinny and has a very faint pulse," Ryeowook reported with worry.
 
"Sungmin carry him back to our house. He needs to be warmed up as soon as possible or he may die," Leeteuk urgently said. Sungmin rushed off to their home with the unconsious male in his arms and the others following behind. 
 
Cold, it's so cold The frail male thought as he faintly regained conscious, only to find himself being held in someone's arms, who was moving quickly past many trees of the forest. Not having enough energy to see who was his savior, the male moved closer to the warmth of the one who was carrying him and fell unconscious once again.
 
 
When the male finally regained consious, he found himself in a fairly spaced room that was decorated with navy blue walls and light brown furniture. Before he was able to make a move towards lifting himself off the soft bed that he was currently laying on, he heard the door open. He turned his head towards the door to see who had been the one to save him from the bitter snow. Standing at the door was a petite, brown haired male that seemed to be not much older then himself.
 
"Are you awake now?" the male asked softly in fear that his voice would frighten the younger male. Not trusting his voice, the younger male nodded his head before peering back at the other boy in a questioning, yet warily manner.
 
"Nice to meet you, I'm Ryeowook. I'm the one who found you in the snow, " Ryeowook gently said as he sat on chair besides his bed, which the male hadn't noticed previously.
 
"Kyuhyun," the young male muttered quietly. Ryeowook smiled gently, before he leaned forward to help Kyuhyun get into a sitting position. Before he could help Kyuhyun sit up, Ryeowook paused when he saw how Kyuhyun flinched and watched him with fearful eyes when his hands had barely moved towards him. Thinking better, Ryeowook pulled back his hands and laid them in his lap instead.
 
"You've been asleep for two days now, so you must be hungry. I'll go get the others and some food for you, arasso?" Ryeowook said softly, before he left the room.
 
There are more of them? Where am I? The last thing I remember is that I passed out in the snow... Kyuhyun thought silently to himself before he tried to pull himself up, which proved to be very difficult for him. When he had finally succeeded in lifting himself up into a sitting position, just as the door opened up once more.
 
"I'm back!" Ryeowook said as he settled down in the chair besides Kyuhyun again with a small bowl of hot soup. Kyuhyun peered cautiously at the new arrivals that had followed Ryeowook into the room.
 
"Annyoung, I'm Leeteuk, the umma and leader of this family," Leeteuk greeted as he pulled another chair to Kyuhyun's bed side.
 
"You must be cold in those clothes right?" Ryeowook asked, as he watched Kyuhyun begin to shiver slightly. Kyuhyun began to nod before he remembered his mother's words.
 
You are so worthless and a waste of space. Old, dirty clothes are more fitting for you than new clothes, remember that well you stupid runt. Kyuhyun continously heard in his head. Kyuhyun began to shake his head instead, while trying to stop his body from shivering. Sungmin began to frown as he heard Kyuhyun's dark thoughts, before he silently told Donghae to fetch some clothes that belonged to Ryeowook, since the two seem similar in size, for Kyuhyun to change into. When Donghae returned with the clothes, Kyuhyun had seemed to begin to relax around the other members, yet he seemed to still be wary that they would harm him.
 
"Kyuhyun, we need to help you change into new clothes or else you'll catch a cold," Leeteuk said gently like a mother would to their young child. 
 
Kyuhyun froze after he heard Leeteuk's words, but he eventually nodded in agreement. He knew that if he didn't get changed soon, he would end up catching cold, burdening his saviors even more then he has already. If there was one thing Kyuhyun hated, it was burdening others with his problems. Ryeowook setted the soup aside, on the night stand by the bed, to help Leeteuk change Kyuhyun into the pair of new clothes. The other members began to fill out the room to give Kyuhyun some privacy to change.
 
 
"Eunhyuk stop chasing Donghae around and be quiet for once! Heechul stop talking so loud and Yesung go keep your self occupied, instead of sulking in the corner, arasso?" Kangin said, nearly going insane. 
 
"What should I do to keep myself occupied hyung? Wookie is busy right now, so there's nothing for me to do," Yesung said sulkily as he walked towards his room. 
 
"I don't know, just go take care of your turtles or something and Heechul for the last time go to your room if you want to talk loudly," Kangin said before he left to chase Eunhyuk, who was still chasing Donghae, to prevent them from destroying anything in the house and creating a loud ruckus.
 
"Hold on Dumpling, Kangin hyung is making me go into our room because apparently I'm talking too loud" Heechul scoffed, before he disappeared from his spot with a poof of mist.
 
Sungmin was the only one that had remained unfazed by the chaos that had occured around him while leaning against the wall, next to the bookshelf of their living room. He thought back to what he had heard from Kyuhyun's mind earlier, but before he could continue to ponder over what may have been the cause of Kyuhyun's thoughts, the door to Kyuhyun's room opened, revealing a serious, yet worried looking Leeteuk.
 
"Sungmin, tell the other members to meet up in the my study for a family meeting," Leeteuk said before he walked away. Hearing an urgent tone in Leeteuk's voice, Sungmin quickly used his saiwan to send the other members a message about their sudden family meeting.
 

I wonder why Teukkie hyung is suddenly calling for a family meeting Sungmin thought, before he rushed off to Leeteuk's study.

 

Meijin=Wizard
Kyuuketsuki= Vampire
Ookami= Wolves
Ningen= Human
Saiwan= Ability
 
I'm not really sure what Furu means since I forgot where or why I named them the Furu clan, so if anyone wants to give a better clan name, please comment below (the name and it's meaning. If possible in Japanese). Quick question: should I try to name chapters or just put plain chapter names (ex: chapter 1)? Anyway I hope you guys liked the first chapter and thanks to those who have subscribed! ;D  
 
Until next time! ^-^