Chapter 2

Steps
It's still snowing so heavily Leeteuk thought as he continued to stare out of his study's window, at the endless snowfall. Hearing his door open, Leeteuk turned around in his chair to face his family.
 
"So what did you want to talk about, hyung?" Sungmin asked once everyone, besides Ryeowook, had settled around Leeteuk's study. Leeteuk stayed silent with his hands clasped together while he tries to gather up his thoughts about what he wanted to discuss with the members.
 
"When Ryeowook and I were helping the human boy, Kyuhyun, change, we found many scars scattered throughout his body. I fear that he may have been abused, since he continuously flinched from the both of us, as if we would hurt him," Leeteuk said hesitantly while staring carefully at his family, especially Heechul.
 
"Of course, it all makes sense now. That's why Kyuhyun's thoughts were so dark! They were memories of his mother," Sungmin said in realization before he quickly told the others about what he had heard from Kyuhyun's mind earlier.
 
"Hyung, we aren't going to make him leave after he gets well, will we?" Donghae asked worriedly.
 
"It depends on what the rest of the family decides," Leeteuk said.
 
"Let him stay," Heechul said before he disappeared to his room.
 
"Stay!" Donghae and Eunhyuk shouted.
 
"I agree, he should stay. Also having him around will show others that we can all live together, regardless of our specie," Sungmin said with a smile. The rest of them moved their heads to stare at Kangin.
 
"Aish, we'll keep the ningen," Kangin said with a huff.
 
"Aww don't act so tough, hyung! We all know that you have a soft spot that wants to protect the weak!" Eunhyuk said cheekily, breaking the tense atmosphere.
 
"My answer is stay as well, so all there's left is to ask the other three members. Kangin, call the other three and tell them to come home immediately and warn them about the ningen in our care, arasso?" Leeteuk said, before Kangin could throttle Eunhyuk.
 
"Arasso," Kangin muttered before he left the room to make the necessary calls.
 
 
 
"Now open your mouth Kyuhyun" Ryeowook said as he tried to feed the frail boy some soup. To his dismay, the boy only looked more frightened as he tried to coax the boy into eating.
 
"I-if I eat, appa will hit me again and umma will make me clean all n-night," Kyuhyun whimpered. Hearing his response, Ryeowook almost dropped the bowl of soup out of shock.
 
“Kyuhyun, no one will try to hurt you or make you clean, so please eat!” Ryeowook pleaded the boy. Kyuhyun only continued to whimper and flinch when Ryeowook tries to pull him into a comforting hug.
 
 
 
"Deh," Kangin said, as he ended his call and walked back into the Leeteuk's study.
 
"What did they say? Also, are they on their way home now Kangin?" Leeteuk questioned
 
"They said let the human stay and that their on their way home now," Kangin confirmed.
 
“Hyung, Ryeowook needs our help with feeding Kyuhyun,” Sungmin suddenly said.
 
“Why? What’s wrong?” Leeteuk quickly asked.
 
Kyuhyun won’t eat and he keeps on whimpering that his appa will hit him and his umma will make him clean everything Ryeowook thought
 
“It appears to be that his condition was worse then we had previously thought,” Sungmin said, before he repeated Ryeowook's message about Kyuhyun. Soon after, the rest of them were dismissed from the meeting while Leeteuk made his way to Kyuhyun’s room.
 
“Ryeowook, is he still not eating?” Leeteuk whispered lowly, so that only Ryeowook and Sungmin, who decided to follow him into Kyuhyun’s room, would hear. Ryeowook sadly nodded his head while he continued to helplessly stare at Kyuhyun, who was still whimpering with his legs pulled up to his chest.
 
“Kyuhyun, please eat. We don’t want you to collapse from starvation,” Leeteuk said quietly to not frighten Kyuhyun.
 
“What should we do hyung? He won’t eat,” Ryeowook said as Kyuhyun stopped whimpering, but continues to not eat and look at them fearfully.
 
“Ryeowook, how about you and Leeteuk hyung leave this to me?” Sungmin said quietly. The both of them were about to argue, until they saw how determined Sungmin looked. The two of them left the room, deciding that it would worth a try to leave Sungmin with Kyuhyun. Hearing the door to the room shut, Sungmin looked silently back at Kyuhyun.
 
“Kyuhyun, why won’t you eat?” Sungmin gently asked, as he sat where Ryeowook had previously sat, in a chair by Kyuhyun’s bed side. Kyuhyun suspiciously scanned Sungmin for any signs that may indicate that he would hurt him, but finding none, Kyuhyun began to slowly relax.
 
“A-ap-pa will hit me if I eat and u-umma will make me clean all n-night," Kyuhyun whispered.
 
“Your appa won’t know and even if he did, he won’t be able to even touch a single hair on you because I will protect you, arasso?” Sungmin said, while surprising himself with his own words that seemed to drift out of his mouth unconsciously.
 
“Y-you promise? Y-you won’t break it?” Kyuhyun quietly asked while reaching out his pinkie.
 
“I promise,” Sungmin said with a smile as he wrapped his pinkie around Kyuhyun’s pinkie.
 
"A-a long time ago, someone made me the same promise, but in the end they left me," Kyuhyun whispered sadly.
 
"Well Kyuhyun, I'm different. I'll stay and protect you until the end, arasso?" Sungmin said, still smiling.
 
"Arasso... What's your name? It's not fair if you know my name, but I don't know yours," Kyuhyun said with a slight pout.
 
"My name's Sungmin. Will you please eat now Kyuhyun?" Sungmin chuckled as he watched Kyuhyun quietly repeat his name. 
 
Kyuhyun quickly nodded before he tried to turn his body towards Sungmin, so that he could feed him. Seeing Kyuhyun fail at moving his body towards him, Sungmin cautiously reached his hands towards him, but he looked at Kyuhyun for permission to help him. Seeing another nod, Sungmin, helped Kyuhyun turn towards him, then he turned towards the night stand to pick up the soup bowl that Ryeowook had left early and began to feed Kyuhyun small scoops of soup.
 
 
Sungmin quietly left Kyuhun’s room, after Kyuhyun had fallen asleep after he had finished eating only half of the soup bowl. After he left the bowl in the kitchen sink, he walked around the house looking for Leeteuk and Ryeowook to inform them of his success in getting Kyuhyun to eat at least half of the bowl. 
 
Despite the fact that his saiwan would help him find them faster, he decided to just walk around and look for them. After he had accidently heard some indecent thoughts from Yewook’s activities, he decided that looking for someone the normal way would be more benificial for him, especially if he wanted to ward off any more scarring images of his family members, Sungmin shuddered. 
 
Before he could further look for Leeteuk or Ryeowook, the door bell of their house rang. Since they lived in the middle of the woods, they don’t normally get visitors, so Sungmin decided to go open the door to see who rang the door bell. 
 
When he opened the door, he saw three familiar figures, "Hangeng hyung! Siwon! Kibum! Your home!" 
 
 
So the second chapter has finally arrived! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Much thanks to those that have subscribed and to those who have commented! As always, please comment! :)
 
Until next time ^-^