Déjà Vu

ALIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DÉJÀ VU

Jinwoo’s POV

I stared at the blue ceiling of our room. I just gazed blankly at the light blue paint.

My mind was a terrible mess. Jiyong’s face would always appear from time to time. His sharp jaw, his well-defined cheeks, his cute nose, his light eyes, his thin yet captivating lips, and his mesmerizing smile – I just couldn’t get him out of my mind.

Truth be told, I was stunned to see him again after a year. He grew more beautiful from the last time I saw him. He glowed heavenly in my eyes.

My heart swelled with warmth when our gazes met. I felt a spark when I looked into those light brown eyes again. They haven’t changed at all. I could still feel the pull they had when I met him. Albeit I think the pull’s stronger this time around.

I couldn’t help the upward tug on the corners of my lips when I realized that. God, I missed him so much.

Tonight was the night we’re going to meet up with him and his friends. I have no idea what I’m exactly feeling right now.  My emotions at the moment were a horrid mix of excitement, anxiousness, dread and apprehension. I can’t discern my current state.

When I told the guys about who Jiyong was, they were all surprised. To say shocked would be an understatement. They were dumbfounded with the coincidence.

Taehyun and Seunghoon were speechless. They didn’t know how to react with the information. Meanwhile Seungyoon was having second thoughts about his hyung’s invitation for a hang-out. Mino was intensely against it.

I strongly protested though. I wanted to go; I wanted to meet him and his friends; I wanted to see him.

Despite the pain he has inflicted, the urge to see him, hug him and kiss him was still stronger. I’m very attracted to him. I like him – too much and too foolishly for my own good. Heck, I think I’m in love with him.

A smile formed on my lips on the thought.

Yeah, I think I am in love with him. I finally admitted to myself.              

I fell in love with him at first sight. His eyes undeniably captured my attention. Then when I got to talk to him, and be with him, my heart surrendered every little inch it had to him. He had my heart. Well, he still has. Wholly, and entirely, he has my heart.

 “Hyung, are you sure about coming tonight?” Seungyoon suddenly voiced out. My mind went back to the present.

I sat up from my bed and turned to him. He was standing by his desk, and he looked really apprehensive. I gave him an assuring smile.

“Yeah, Seungyoon-ah. I don’t mind. I want to see him,” I told him with a nod.

He pursed his lips but he nodded nonetheless.

“If things got too awkward or you can’t take it anymore, just tell us. Okay, hyung?” he sighed.

I couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped my lips. My dongsaengs take better care of me than myself. I mused.

I smiled gratefully at Seungyoon. “I will. And thanks,” I told him.

He finally cracked a smiled. “Just… let’s just have fun,” he shrugged. “Seungri hyung said it’s his treat anyway so I guess we could order anything we want,” he added.

I laughed at that. His hyung was a nice guy, I could feel it. And to be honest, I’m grateful to him. If it weren’t for Seungri hyung, I wouldn’t have this opportunity to meet Jiyong again. I owe him this chance.

There was a knock on our door. Seungyoon opened it and revealed Mino and Taehyun at the hallway. They shuffled inside our room.

“Seunghoon hyung’s driving. He said he’d meet us by the gate,” Taehyun said as he sat beside me.

I nodded my head and grabbed for my phone by the nightstand.

“Everyone, ready?” I asked them as I checked for my wallet and keys.

The guys chorused a ‘yes’ then we all walked out of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter