Encounter

ALIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ENCOUNTER

Jinwoo’s POV

It was a week before our graduation from the academy. And it was also a week before they announce our assignments as official police men. To say we were nervous would be an understatement. Our minds and hearts were in chaos.

We were all huddled together in a small circle in the little space of my and Seungyoon’s room. Each and every one of us was in deep thoughts, most likely thinking of our assignments.

“Would I be accepted to my choice assignment?” I heard Taehyun mumble. I glanced at him and gave him an encouraging smile. “Of course you will! You were one of the best in our class after all,” I told him. Taehyun just meekly nodded his head.

Silence soon filled the room again. It was somewhat suffocating. The negative thoughts of everyone were compiling in the air and I could sense tension in it too.

Everyone really is nervous. I internally sighed.

“I can’t take this anymore!” Mino suddenly exclaimed in exasperation. All heads turned to him. He got up from his and started pacing. “I can’t take this anymore guys,” he mumbled. “How about we go out today?” he suggested.

Mino stared at everyone trying to convince us. I heard Seunghoon sigh. “I think so too. We need to relax a bit,” he said.

I was biting my lip in thought. They do have a point but… I looked at the maknaes in our group. Seungyoon and Taehyun were looking at each other, probably contemplating the other two’s idea.

“Come on hyung! Let’s go out for a bit,” Mino told me, pleading with his eyes. “Yeah hyung! Let’s go out~” Seunghoon added with aegyo.

I puffed my cheeks then sighed. My eyes were on the maknaes. “Well, it doesn’t hurt to go out I guess? It’ll get our minds off from our graduation and assignments,” I told them.

The two youngest looked at the other two then back at me. “Oh screw it!” Taehyun sighed. “Let’s go out!” Seungyoon stated.

Seunghoon and Mino were beaming with delight, happy to have the chance to play even for a little.

“Where will we go though?” Taehyun voiced out. “Oh! Shopping! I want to go shopping!” Seungyoon raised his hand. “I want to watch a movie and maybe some sports,” Mino chimed in.

Everyone fell quiet. The shopping and movie could go together but the sports? Not likely.

We all looked at each other.

“How about we spilt?” Seungyoon suggested. “We could…” Seunghoon said. “Okay how about we split into team Mino and team Seungyoon?” Taehyun proposed.

I nodded my head in agreement. “Team Seungyoon could go shopping and Team Mino could go do sports then we could meet up at the movie theatre,” I thought out loud.

Everyone nodded. “Yeah, let’s do that!” Mino said. “Seunghoon hyung, you’ll be in my team right?” he looked at the older. Seunghoon nodded his head. “Of course, my bro! Forever with you,” he said with a smile.

We laughed at that. “Okay. Then Taehyun and I will join shopping with Seungyoon,” I said while looking at the maknaes.

Everyone agreed to the set up and decided to meet up around 4 PM for the movies.

“Whoever will be late, they’ll be treating the other group okay?” Seunghoon said with a cheeky smile. We chuckled at the petty bet but agreed nonetheless.

As we exited our room, my heart started to pound crazily.

Am I this excited to go out? I internally chuckled at myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter