Chapter 4

Project Jongdae

Junmyeon was on the robotics team all through middle school, He was the captain for 7th and 8th grade. Him and his team made outstanding robots and won almost all the competitions. He made robots that shot baskets in basketball and cooked omlettes in record timing. After winning another competition in front of many people that had already filed out of the room by now he sat down with the robot and began to dismantle it. His teacher had to assign one kid on the team to pack up to robots so they could be sent back to his school and this time it was him. “Th-That robot who made it?” A man asked from behind him, “I made him, why do you ask?” Junmyeon inquisited “You made that! It’s amazing!” The man grinned from ear to ear. “So what’s your name, gifted young man” The man said reaching out his hand for Junmyeon to shake it. “Junmyeon, Kim Junmyeon” He replied smiling at the stranger. “Pleasure, Mr. Kim! The name is Park Jaejung from the A.I Android Corp, Heres my card”. “The A.I Android Corp?” Junmyeon said reading the card. “You look like you are good with robots so why don’t you drop by and I can show you our newest collection” Junmyeon nodded and checked the address which happened to be not far from his home. “Oh look at the time! I’ve gotta run but it was nice meeting you” Jaejung  yelled as he ran off Junmyeon scoffed, what a weird dude. Junmyeon looked at the card again it wouldn’t hurt looking at the website right?. Junmyeon rushed home and went straight upstairs not even bother to say hello to Baekhyun. He opened up his laptop and quickly typed in the address. His eyes widened, The androids here looked so much like real humans “Silicon can do wonders” Junmyeon laughed clicking on one of the androids named Jongdae.

Junmyeon walked at a brisk pace towards the A.I Androids Headquarters. “Mr. Kim! What a surprise, you actually came!” Jaejung smiled. Junmyeon smiled a little at Jaejung “So you wanted to show me something?” Junmyeon asked unwrapping his bright red scarf around his neck. “Right this way! This is a project my team and I have been working on for quite some time now” Jaejung said as he swiped his card on the reader “Behold! Our latest model 04” In front of him lay a boy who looked a little younger than Junmyeon himself. He had brown hair that fell over his eyes and he lay across a metal table. Its cold body was screaming to be active. Model 04’s hand was unfinished and  not all of its leg was covered in silicon, showing the metal underneath. “What do you need me for?” Junyeon asked peering at the android in front of him. “I need you to fix him” Jaejung said simply. “Most of the 04 models were defective and had to be recalled.” he added with a sullen expression. “M-Me? Don’t you have assistants and engineers to do that?” Junmyeon puzzled. Jaejung nodded “We’re looking for some young employees now. Most of the people who buy these kind of robots are quite a bit older so we are trying to marketed to the young people, what better way than having a young engineer on the team.” Jaejung. handed Junmyeon some tools and told him to get to work on the unfinished hand. Baekhyun and I could use some more money Junmyeon thought as he stared at the android in front of him. Junmyeon worked for hours building Model 04 robotic limb. After working hard for countless hours Jaejung  pushed the metal table that Model 04 was lying on into another room. “Thanks Junmyeon we will give you a call soon” Jaejung  said escorting Junmyeon out. “How strange” Junmyeon said breathing out the chilly air as he began to trudge home.


y'all should reread the story cause i meade it make more sense lmao