Chapter 3

Project Jongdae

“Jongdae?” Chanyeols face was awfully close to his own and Jongdae jumped backwards, his face turning a cute shade of pink. “Way to space out, dude you okay?” Chanyeol laughed as he tied his shoes. “Yeah! Sorry about that” Jongdae said shaking his head a little. “C’mon lets hurry up and go” Chanyeol smiled patting Jongdaes lower back. “Uh, r-right!” Jongdae smiled back. “You should seriously consider going out with Junmyeon” Chanyeol laughed, he walked off with a little jump in his step. Junmyeon was waiting for Jongdae, “Late, again?” Junmyeon sighed as he checked his watch. “Junmyeon!” Jongdae shouted as he ran towards Jongdae. “You’re late” He chuckled, “I know im sorry! I got held up in a conversation with Chanyeol and-”. “It’s okay let’s go home” Junmyeon smiled and ruffled up Jongdae’s hair. They walked side by side and the only thing Jongdae could think of was Chanyeols words “You should ask out Junmyeon” ringing in his head.

“U-um Junmyeon” Jongdae mumbled blushing at his elder. “Hm?” Junmyeon smiled at Jongdae, “I-I’m… Um…I’m uh i-it’s. It’s nothing!” Jongdae yelped, he was shaking and his blush turned into an unflattering shade of red (but Junmyeon thought it was very cute). They walked in silence the rest of the way home. By the time they are home Baekhyun was already home.

“How was your day, Junmyeon?”  

“okay” He replies slipping off his shoes.

“woah you don’t look too good Jongdae, did something happen?” Baekhyun asks patting Jongdae’s shoulders for a little support. “Um, n-no! I just have a lot on my mind right now…” He says as his shaky hands pull at the strings of his hoodie.

“He’ll be fine Baekhyun, C’mon Jongdae let’s go upstairs”

“Ah! O-Okay...” Jongdae says as Junmyeon ushers him up the stairs. “I’ll be up in a minute, Jongdae” Junmyeon says patting the other boys back. Jongdae walks halfway up the stairs and reaches to a halt as he hears Baekhyun and Junmyeon talking.

“I can’t believe it.  it’s happening again” Junmyeon says

“You mean him?” Baekhyun asked gesturing up the stairs. “Yeah him who else” Junmyeon sighed. Thoughts fly in and out of Jongdaes head. He stays still in his spot until he feels a hand cup his cheek “Wake up Jongdae” Junmyeon laughs, “What’s happening again?” Jongdae says staring Junmyeon in the eyes. Junmyeon runs his thumb over Jongdaes cheek as if to wipe away a tear, “Don’t worry Jongdae”. “But what's been troubling  to you, Jongdae? You’ve been freaking out a lot recently” Junmyeon says shaking Jongdaes shoulders lightly.

“Huh? It’s nothing! I’m okay really”

Junmyeon’s face grows stony

“I could ask you the same thing, Hyung. Whats been troubling you? You’ve been making a lot of sad faces recently”

“I’m fine really!”

“What? Oh c’mon Junmyeon you can tell me!”

“Why should I tell you when you yourself won’t tell me anything? Give me one good reason”

“Um, uh… b-because, um..” Jongdaes chest tightens and a wall of emotion hits him like a wave and images of things that never happened flash behind his closed eyes

“Because I love you” Jongdae grips the rail as if he were to fall off at any moment. Junmyeon stills, and lets out a nervous laugh “Ha ha… very funny, Jongdae. But jokes don’t count as a good reason”

“Wh-what? N-no! This isn’t a joke im being serious-”

“ I know. I know that you love me, Jongdae”

“Jongdae, Do you remember what my first words to you were?” Junmyeon asked “Uh weren’t they like Pleasure to meet you Jongdae or something like that?” Jongdae laughed with a confused expression. “Of course you don’t remember… silly me” Junmyeon scoffed at himself “The first thing I ever said to you was, Good morning Jongdae”