That Day

41 Days
One 
 
 
Sunggyu POV~

 

The workers bid their young CEO goodbye as Sunggyu left his company building. He got into his black Mercedes and drove to the local flower shop. The door bell chimed as he opened the shop door.

"Omo, Sunggyu-ssi! Are you here to buy flowers again?" the shop owner ajumma asked. She knew that around this day every year, Sunggyu would come to her shop and buy a large bouquet of flowers.

 

"Deh. How much is this?" Sunggyu replied and gave a bouquet of roses.

 

"It's $20 but I'll give you a $2 discount since you're such a nice young man.

 

Sunggyu smiled politely and handed her the money. "Thank you and have a nice day," he said as the door bell chimed once again, but this time, signaling his exit instead of entrance. He got into his car and gently laid the roses down. Then, Sunggyu drove away. His destination? His girlfriend's grave. With a sad gaze, Sunggyu gently set down his bouquet at the gravestone. A silent tear fell down his cheek as the memories of Eunmi's death flashed in his mind.

 

 


 

March 16, 2010: Four Years Ago . . .

 

Eunmi POV~

 

The bright sunlight shined through the room's extravagant windows onto Eunmi's shut eyes, waking her up from her peaceful sleep. She groaned and turned around, expecting to hug her chinky-eyed boyfriend but all that greeted her was empty bed sheets. Eunmi sighed and rubbed her face groggily as she got up. She scanned around the room and confirmed that Sunggyu has indeed already left for work. It would've been nice if he took the entire day off of work though. It was his girlfriend's birthday for goodness sakes. Was his work more important than his relationship with her? Eunmi frowned at the thought. They had been fighting a lot recently because he was so stressed with his work and took it out on her. Eunmi recalled the lonely dates where Sunggyu would fail to show up and left her waiting until dark hours of the night where the restaurant would close and she was forced to go home. She shook her head aggressively back and forth to get the negative thoughts out of her head. At least, Sunggyu remembered her birthday. She brightened as she recalled his invitation to a birthday lunch later this afternoon.

 

"I'll meet you at the cafe where we first met at 2:00," Sunggyu said the other day as he chuckled slightly. "And I'll treat you to all the birthday sweets and cakes you want."

 

Eunmi's lips twisted into a small smile. It's been months since they last went on a date. She glanced at her alarm clock. Oh my gosh, it's already 10:45, she thought panically. Eunmi hurriedly rushed to the bathroom. Three hours was definitely not enough time to take a shower, find the right outfit, the right shoes, do her make-up and hair, and eat breakfast. Eunmi rethought about her situation. Eeeh, breakfast isn't that important right? (xD don't listen to her guys. Breakfast is a super-duper important part of the day.)


 

Sunggyu POV~

 

   Sunggyu glanced at his wristwatch which flashed the time of 12:00 A.M. A stressed sigh escaped his lips as he peered over the mountain of paperwork. It seemed like no matter how much he got done, the mountain just wouldn't get smaller. Sunggyu ran his fingers through his caramel orange hair. He didn't think that taking over as the CEO of his father's company would be as tiring as this. But then again, Kim Corporations was the top business industry in Korea and was quickly becoming big internationally as well. It wasn't surprising that there were so many paperwork offers for a collaboration.

A knock resounded on his office door. "Mr. Kim, may I come in?" his loyal secretary, Jang Dongwoo, politely asked. Sunggyu gave his approval and the younger lad walked in with a folder in his hands.

 

"Hyung, ah I mean Mr. Kim," Dongwoo corrected and continued, "we hit the jackpot! The Lee's just called and they finally agreed to sponsor our latest product. You know how famous they are worldwide! I scheduled an appointment at 1:30 this afternoon since they're leaving to China this night. This is a huge opportunity for Kim Corporations to promote in foreign countries!"

 

Dongwoo gave his hyung a big gummy smile and handed his boss the folder. Sunggyu smiled back as he happily received the folder, containing the agreement documents. "Dongwoo-ah, good job. You're dismissed," he told his secretary and took out his phone to mark the appointment in his reminders. Sunggyu glanced at his watch again. He had about another hour before the meeting. He let out another sigh. I better not mess this up. He picked up his pen and continued trying to lessen the pile of paperwork on his desk. Sunggyu paused for a minute and scratched his head. I feel like I'm forgetting about something important though.

 


 

Eunmi POV~

 

    Eunmi exited her apartment and locked the door. She was dressed in a sleeveless white blouse with a pale blue pleated skirt. Her chocolate brown hair was made into luscious, wavy curls and her face was adorned with light makeup - a faint blush on her cheeks, a hint of mascara, and pale pink lipstick on her lips - giving the girl a natural look of beauty. She headed down the street to the destined cafe. As she entered the cafe, Eunmi's eyes searched the cafe for her boyfriend but only strangers met her eyes. He's not here yet? Eunmi glanced at her watch. It's already 2:10. Maybe he's running late from a meeting. She sat down at a table and waited, refusing to order drinks and food before he arrived although her stomach was defying her and was growling like crazy. I should've ate that breakfast this morning. Eunmi sighed. She wanted to wait until Sunggyu came. If he came. After all, he did say that he would treat her. His birthday lunch for her would be useless if she paid for her own lunch. After half an hour passed, Eunmi decided to call her boyfriend but there was no answer. And so she waited and she called. And waited and called. There was no way he forgot about their date on her birthday, right?

 

 

 

 
 
 
author's notes
A/N

After not posting for over a year, I have returned! \(--v--)/ Thank for reading and please continue to support me! 

KFDJSHKSFHDSFH. Infinite is coming back in July. YAY! AND THEY'RE GOING ON A WORLD TOUR!

   It's sooo beautiful. T_____T

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Look forward to the next chapter! Annyeong! ^_^