Meeting the Angel

41 Days
Three 
 
 

Present day . . .

 

Sunggyu was brought out of his deep train of thoughts when he felt a cold droplet of rain land on his auburn head. He quickly gazed up at the sky to see dark, gloomy clouds hovering around. As the rain started to intensify, the young man didn't seem to mind getting drenched as he continued to stare at his ex-lover's grave. Sigh . . . I miss you, Park Eunmi. How can I show you how sorry I am? Oh, how I wish I could turn back time and fix my mistakes. His eyes, an epitome of pure sadness and longing, took a last look at the grave, before he started to make his way back to his car.

 

Unnoticed by the man longingly staring at his deceased girlfriend's grave, a mysterious figure, dressed in a long, black cloak, observed the clueless Sunggyu from afar. He skillfully camouflaged as a tree and watched Sunggyu with eyes of a hawk. Soon . . . soon . . ., the peculiar person thought before he disappeared in a blink of an eye. Nearby, a person gawked, eyes and mouth wide open, for she just witnessed a phenomenal event of a person disappearing in thin air.

 


 

    After returning home, Sunggyu took a quick shower to freshen up his mind and body. Today was a tiring day after all. Once done, he stepped out of the bathroom, chest bare and a white, fluffy towel wrapped around his waist. Sunggyu was walking towards his closet to get dressed, but then stopped midway when he heard faint noises outside in his living room. Did I leave the television on? I don’t remember doing so.  He cocked his head in confusion and stepped closer to the door. A faint sound of laughter drifted from outside his room, becoming louder and louder every minute. Sunggyu’s eyes widened and he quickly opened the door to catch the intruder. He was now face-to-face with a young boy, appearing to be around his early 20’s and dressed in a strange, black cloak, sitting comfortably on his couch. An episode of Gag Concert was showing on the bright T.V. screen.

 

Yo!” the intruder greeted brightly. “Isn’t this just hilarious? Ha ha ha ha ha.

 

Who . . . who in the world are you?” Sunggyu aggressively asked. “Do you think you can just barge into my house and get all comfortable like that? You better leave before I call the cops.

 

Whoa! Whoa! Calm down. Take it easy!” the mysterious stranger responded and stood up. “Ehem. You are Kim Sunggyu hyung, right?

 

Sunggyu’s eyes narrowed. “Yes, I am. And don’t call me hyung when I don’t even know you. You have five seconds to start explaining who you are and why you intruded my house before I really do call the cops,” he threatened.

 

The figure sighed and ran his hand through his black hair. “It’s not like the cops can see me anyways,” he grumbled. “Don’t be so surprised but . . . my name is L. I am your fairy godmother, or your guardian angel, whatever sounds better.” This L then stuck out his hand for a handshake. “Nice to meet you.”

    

Sunggyu stared at the boy’s hand for awhile and then burst out in laughter. Fairy godmother? Guardian angel? Does the kid think I'm stupid or something? If not, how old is his mental capacity? Like seven years old? He laughed so hard to the point where he was clutching his stomach with tears in his eyes. “L”, his supposed guardian angel, gave him a glare and cleared his throat.

 

Did you mistaken me for an idiot? How dumb do you think I am to believe that?” Sunggyu barely made out before bursting into another fit of laughter.

 

That’s so mean, hyung! I’m not lying!,” L protested. “I can prove it to you!

 

The claimed-to-be guardian angel opened the nearby window and then shockingly, jumped out into the night sky. Sunggyu froze in panic and shock for his apartment was on the 14th floor and no normal person would survive the fall. Oh my god, he thought and hurriedly rushed to the window to see the damage. He squinted his eyes, trying to get a better look of the accident. All that met his eyes was black and complete darkness. Oh my god, what do I do now? What if they found out he fell from my apartment? Will I get sued? Will I spend the rest of my years in jail? Eotteoke? Eotteoke? he panicked mentally until he heard a familiar voice coming from . . . on top of him?

 

    The brat, L, was now standing in midair, right above his window, with a smug look on his face saying, “Do you believe me now?” Sunggyu’s eyes widened in disbelief and started to flutter. The last thing he heard was “Andwae hyung! Go put some clothes on before you faint! Aack!” before he fell to the ground.

 

 


 

EXTRA: 

 

A grumpy L gingerly dragged his hyung to his bedroom, being extra careful to not make the towel on Sunggyu’s waist fall, which would scar his eyes forever.  Aish . . . this hyung is so weak-minded. The boy then picked up Sunggyu and hastily dropped him on the bed. The harsh impact caused the towel to slip off the elder's body. A loud, girlish shriek resounded the walls of the apartment room. L dropped to the ground dramatically. Nooo! Nooo! I'm scarred for life! His hands waved wildly in horror and disgust, causing a wave of magic to burst out. A layer of clothes suddenly formed on his hyung, shielding his eyes from further damage. The angel facepalmed. Why didn't I do this before? I'm an angel for goodness sakes. Of course I can magically make clothes appear out of nowhere. The unfortunate L spent the rest of the night watching videos of girl groups, desperately trying to rid his mind of the horrid image he had just witnessed.

 
 

 

 
 
 
author's notes
 A/N 

Whoo! I finally updated! Is the plot moving to slow? TwT I'm worried. Anyways, INFINITE'S BAD MV CAME OUT. OMG OMG OMG. It's so perfectly perfect. TwT The choreography is Ack! words can't even describe how amazing it is. >_< 

  It's so beautiful. TwT