The Invitation

Mr. EyeSmile Meets Ms.No Good

 

Junho accompanied you in your apartment. All this time you are asking yourself if its real or you are just dreaming but one thing is for sure, it felt so good. “Thank you Junho-ssi,” you said as you about to reach the door of your place. “For what?” he asked. “I don’t know. I just want to say thank you,” you explained. “So, I guess I am safe now. You have an early sched tom. You should go home now, Junho-ssi,” you added. “Ah! Yes! Bye” he said but before you closed your door and before he left you said a few reminders, “Ahhhh! Junho-ssi! Can you text when you get home? Atleast, I know that you are safe.” He smiled when he heard those words and the way he smile killed you. Your heart beats fast and you feel that you are shivering. “Yes boss!” He said. When you closed your door, you closed your eyes and then you remembered the time that you cried in his arms. You are indeed so comfortable when he is around. You then jumped on your bed and reckoned, “Ah! Should I send a message to Lea that I lost my phone? Ah. That’s it. I think I can contact him through Facebook”

“Leaaaaaa! This is my new number. Junho brought a phone for me but I told him that I will pay him soon. How are you? I miss you Lea. Send me a message on kakao when you read this, understand?”

You then closed your eyes again and you remembered the day that you first saw Junho. You are bored that day and decided to watch TV. As you turned the channel, you saw a music video on MTV Asia. It was 2PM’s Hands Up. The song is really catchy but what captured your attention is a guy who has aneyesmile. His smile is so pretty and you can feel his emotions. From that day on, you decided to search him on the internet. And the more you get to know about him, the more you adore him. You are in the middle of your flashback when your phone beeped. It was a message from Lee Junho.

“Hey! I’m home. We will go to Japan tomorrow. We will stay there for 3 days. Do you remember what I said earlier? You can cry on my shoulders but you need to pay for it afterwards”

“Ya this man! Psh!!!!!!!,” you exclaimed. You then replied to his message.

“Psh!!!!! I forgot you’re an emperor. How much will I pay for that your majesty?”

After few seconds…..

“A date. I want you to have a date with me. I will arrive here on Wednesday morning. I will pick you in your office at 6pm. You can’t say no. I am an emperor, remember?

“A date?!!!!!!,” you exclaimed in disbelief. You didn’t know what will you reply to him. You pinch yourself and it hurts. Its real but you don’t understand the way you feel. You are happy but at the same time nervous. It is the first time that a man asked you for a date and that man is the man you are dreaming of these past years. After few minutes, your phone beeped again….

“Yaaaaaa! How dare you not to reply? You are my fan. You know that there are thousands of girls who wanted to have a date with me, right?”

“That’s why its hard to believe that you will have a date with me,” you reckoned but instead of replying of how you really feels, you decided to go with the flow and .

“The almighty Lee Junho is now using his powers to make me agree with this silly conditions. How many girls did you bribe just now? I’m going to sleep now, Emperor Lee Junho. You should go to sleep too.”

*Junho’s POV

“Psh! This girl. Nobody can’t see no to me,” I pondered. I really don’t know if asking her to have a date with me is the right way to know her more. Maybe, I’m really attracted to her because I can picture out my ex-girlfriend to me but the moment that I heard her story and she cried on my shoulders made me feel that she is quiet different with that girl who left me. I don’t want her to say that I am making her as a rebound so I wanted if what will really happen to us after this. I just want to enjoy her accompany. I just want to enjoy this feeling.

The next day, my phone rang. It was a call from our manager saying we have to wake up already for today’s schedule. For the past 6 years, we are always like this. I decided to go to Chansung’s room to wake him up. “Chansung-ssi, wake up,” I said while pulling his blankets. “I am still sleepy Junho-ya!!!!” he insisted. “If you don’t wake up now, I will throw all your bananas in the garbage can.” Upon hearing those words, Chansung hurriedly stand up and patted my back. Khun Hyung on the other hand was already taking the shower. The moment I went back to my room, I picked up my phone and decided to send her a message….

“Good morning Clumsy Angel. Are you awake now?

I want to as much as I could but everytime I do I just ended up saying some sweet words to her without even knowing why. I already took a bath and was about to the airport but I receive no reply from her. Its funny how I am longing a girl’s reply. “Junho-yaaaa, you look so sleepy today?” Taecyeon Hyung asked me. “For all I know, he slept late night. He is thinking about Althea,” Chansung butted in. “Aish! Can you guys stop it?” you said. “Our Junho, please be reminded that she is not your ex. Be careful man. You might hurt her or hurt yourself,” Khun Hyung said while patting my shoulders. “Hyung. I know. I know,” I explained.

I arrived at the airport and as usual there are some fans waiting for us there. I smiled at them. I want them to take good photos of mine. It is there happiness after all. And I am thinking about Althea. Will she open her twitter today? Will she see my photos? Few minutes before we board there is still no sign of her. I decided to call her.

Junho: “Ya! Althea-ssi!!!! Woah! Daebak. Are you still asleep?”

Althea: “Ahhhhmmmmm!”

Junho: “You will be late in your work.”

Althea: “I know. So can I hang up now?”

Junho: “I don’t want to. I just want to talk to you before I leave.”

Althea: “Ya daebak. You said I am going to be late and yet you want me talk to you. What are you really Lee Junho?”

Junho: “I’m an emperor. Ahhhhhm! Althea-ssi….”

Althea: “Nae! What is it I’m listening?”

Junho: “See you on Wednesday. Your Wednesday night is already booked, understand?

Althea: “Hahahahahahahaha! Daebak.”

Junho: “Daebak?”

Althea: “I’ll be frank with you my dear friend. I really don’t know if I will believe this is happening or what? But I pinched myself last night, it hurts. So its really really really really real! I have some few things to say to you before I hang up. This is my first date ever. And as much as I want it to be perfect I guess it will not. I can unintentionally ruin that night. Do you still want to have a date with me?”

Junho: “If you fall, I want to be there to catch you. Whatever it is, I think it will be a perfect one with you.”

Althea: “Are you sick? Junho-yaaaaa, please don’t be too sweet to me. I am not your ex you know. I don’t want to end up crying because I already love you and you suddenly realized that you don’t really love me and you are just inlove with the idea my resemblance with her. Let’s stop here. I’m hanging up. Bye.”

It feels like reality hunted me when I heard those words. Maybe, I am too fast or maybe she is not ready for this. Am I too selfish? I know in myself that I like her. I want to give it a try but I’m afraid that I will be hurt and I’m afraid that I will hurt her too. Should I pursue her or should I not? Maybe, I should not contact her for 3 days. I wanted her to give her some space. Should I continue with that date? “Junho-ssi, calm down. You have 3days. Please act like a man. Can you?” I left Korea with a heavy heart. I wish I can make up to it soon. I really hope.