Dangerous Dreams

Dangerous Dreams

(Taeyeon POV)

 

“Kim Taeyeon’s reckless behavior with her clubbing habits...” As my boss read those lines while my body shuttered with the sternness in his voice. “Taeyeon you had no incidences all these years. Your record was perfect....how could you let it slip?”

I had no words to explain my behavior. I didn’t regret a single action that happened that night. Oh yea I remembered the kiss I stole from Jessica. To be able to claim those soft lips have been on my mind for a while now but knowing how to initiate a kiss was awkward. However, the thing was that I passed out. That is where it became complicated. That is how I got caught. “Maybe my popularity is causing more reporters on me.”

“That could be. You need to be more careful. That is all.”

I left his office with a heavy heart. I knew I had to be careful. I was playing a dangerous game. One that had consequences that were hard to imagine. Yet when the time came for the cards to fold, I was sure that I was ready to claim my reward or lose all my bets. I was ready but was she?

After walking aimlessly around the company, I stopped in front of a room. A room that held many memories.

 

~Flashback~

 

(Author’s POV)

 

A girl sat alone in the empty room. It was just her, the seat she sat on, and the sheet of music she held in her hands. She could hear the whispers of onlookers from the outside peering in but they didn’t matter. They never mattered. It was just her and her voice. She opened and let the notes on the page dance out of using her angelic and soothing voice.

Day in and day out, she would sit there and sing one song after another. Her voice would get dry but soothed by the water that trickled down . Her eyes would get tired but her ambitions kept her awake. Her peers would be jealous but her dreams were never clearer. It was because in this empty room, she controlled it all. Here she could find peace.

 

~End Flashback~

 

(Taeyeon POV)

 

I sighed thinking about my training days and how I would spend endless hours perfecting my voice and preparing for my debut. It seemed like a long time ago when I saw my dreams and the dreams of my company mates be fulfilled. I wondered if our dreams were what we truly had now. Was my dream always to be a singer? Or was my dream just to find my happiness? What if my happiness was not in singing anymore?

I knew I should walk in and reclaim the thoughts in my head but I chose to leave the building. The happiness that was calling for me, was not here in that room anymore. It was out there...I wasn’t sure where at the moment but it was out there in Seoul somewhere. I need to find it...I mean I need to find her.

 

----------------------------

 

(Jessica’s POV)

 

Today I was shuffling from one place to another with only 30% of my energy. I felt like passing out because my energy storage was nearly empty, but I had to persevere. I knew the consequences of last night. I knew that I would be tired the next day but the time with her was more precious to me than my sleep.

It was going to be a long day with people calling me for help but I was happy. It was my job that made me happy. I was sure of it. However, life with Taeyeon was like the toping on an already really sweet cake. You knew it belonged there and only made the dish even sweeter.

Like she was beckoned, she was in my view again. Thinking she was here to meet one of the other artists, I tried my best to focus on my work to make us not obvious. Yet, I could see she had determination in her eyes. Her eyes were now on me. She was walking towards me.

“Jessica Jung!”

I stood there frozen. What was I to do? She was looking at me with those eyes...those eyes. What was she thinking?

She cupped my face and was coming closer. Instinctively, I started to back away but her eyes remained secure on the prize she had in mind. I knew it. I could see it. I didn’t prevent it. She kissed me fully on the lips. My eyes widened just as wide as the rest of our audience.

From the way she moved her lips on mine with those eyes shut, I knew this was it. This was her dream. Her dream was and will always be to live in her happiness. Who knew that her happiness would be found in me? So I shut my eyes and enjoyed the topping on my cake because Taeyeon will always be the sweetness in my life.

 

 

~END~

 


Author's Note

Wow took me two weeks to get the ending right. Let me remind you that this was meant to be a short story but if you want a longer story from me, please look up I Need You to Survive which is my only ongoing story at the moment. 

I am also thinking of possibly writing an epilogue for this...I am not sure yet?? I like the ending but maybe you readers want more?

Anyway, thanks for waiting and subscribing! Also loved the upvotes :D