Our Benifit

Dangerous Dreams

Jessica looked around the café but she didn’t see the person that was supposed to be there. Her eyes went back to her phone to read the message again but there was no mistaking it that this was the café that she was told to go to. She thought maybe that person was going to be late so Jessica looked around for an open table but her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she heard her name be said in a soft but familiar voice.

“Jessica...I am glad you came.” Jessica still stood stiff so the girl came up from behind her and jumped in front to face her, “were you expecting someone else?”

The sight of the girl in front of her made her become mute, but at the same time she wanted to scream that she was the luckiest girl in the world and do a dorky dance.

The girl in front of Jessica nervously rubbed the back of her neck, “Umm did you want to go to our table?”

Jessica just nodded and followed the girl like a lost puppy. Her eyes were glued to the back of the girl she was following. She wanted to reach out and touch her but she knew that would be creepy on their first meeting together so she just kept her hands safely clutching her purse.

The two took a seat, “I umm didn’t know what you liked so I got tea and coffee...um you can choose. I like both.”

Jessica was still memorized by the girl in front of her but she carefully chose the coffee which was closer to her. Both girls didn’t know how to initiate the conversation from the nervous atmosphere. One was nervous because her idol was sitting in front of her while the other was afraid of scaring off the girl that she considered beautiful beyond belief.

“Umm Taeyeon...why did you give me your number,” Jessica was surprised she finally got the courage to ask the question that had been haunting her for 24 hours.

Taeyeon rubbed the side of her tea and mumbled, “Because you are pretty...”

Jessica was surprised that was her answer, “Me? But I am not anyone special. You have so many pretty girls around you all the time. Why me?”

Taeyeon was blushing madly, “I am not sure...it is just you...you just make me feel weird. You seemed different.”

“But so many people like you...”

“I know it may seem weird but can you give me a chance?” Taeyeon forced a bright smile, “this may be sudden so we can start as friends first or something but I just know I want you in my life right now.”

Jessica’s head was becoming dizzy from hearing the girl’s confession. It wasn’t a normal confession because Taeyeon in her eyes was not a normal girl. Of course she had many guys and girls confess to her before but how was she supposed accept a confession from someone she admired? What she let Taeyeon down? What if she made her sad one day?

“Jessica?”

Jessica broke from her daze, “Can you not think of me as Kim Taeyeon the singer?” It was like the girl was reading her mind, “I just want you to see me. I don’t need an answer from you now but eventually would be nice.”

“I...I think I need some time to think this over...”

Taeyeon sighed in discontent, “I understand.” She started to stand up, “you have my number so call me when you make a decision.”

Jessica sat at the table with her heart beating erratically. Her idol said she had a crush on her and she didn’t accept right away? How stupid could she be?

 

Two days passed since Jessica’s meeting with Taeyeon but she was too busy with her job to worry about her personal issues. Right now Jessica was happy to be assisting her friend Minyoung since her stylist was out helping 2pm with setting up the costumes for their concert in a week.

“I still don’t believe you.”

Jessica was busy fixing Minyoung’s collar, “is she a player or something? What do you know about her?”

“Nothing.”

“Wow you are no help.”

Minyoung went over to the mirror to look at her clothes, “No I mean no one hears anything about her. Like she doesn’t have a personal life. Maybe someone from SM knows her better than me but her record is clean as far as I know.”

“Do you like it?”

“Huh?”

“Don’t get distracted with my personal life. Do you like the outfit?”

“Oh yea of course.” Minyoung turned and gave Jessica a hug, “I love my personal stylist!”

Jessica shoved her away, “stop being mushy. You have an image to uphold.”

Minyoung pouted at her best-friend, “No one can see us here, but just give her a chance. No artist would risk dating a fan so I’d say she must be genuine about this.”

“I will think about it...”

 

Taeyeon looked at her phone for the hundredth time that day, “is something wrong with your phone?”

Taeyeon almost jumped out of her seat and quickly put her phone away, “what are you doing sneaking around? Why are you visting me?

“Because the boy is busy with a concert.”

“Now that makes more sense.”

Tiffany sat down next to Taeyeon, “so why are you looking at your phone like a hawk?”

“I wasn’t.”

“I have been roaming around here for hours and I saw you only looking at your phone.”

“Do I have another stalker?”

Tiffany laughed, “did you want me to be?”

“No no. They are hard to get rid of.”

“I see. You want to toss me aside when you get bored of me now?”

Taeyeon stood up and patted her pouting friend on her head, “I won’t get bored of you.”

Tiffany stood up and smiled, “So what is on your phone?”

“Nothing...that is the problem.”

“Do you want to have some girl chat about this?”

Taeyeon looked at the door blankly, “Not really. I just have to wait.”

“While you wait, did you want to go to the rehearsal with me for 2pm? You know to support our fellow artists?” Tiffany gave Taeyeon a suggestive wink.

“Fine but just to kill time.”

Tiffany jumped up and hugged her friend, “I can still tell you love me!”

 

 

Jessica was running around the stage like a madman. She had only been working for JYP for several weeks now but catering to the stars was a bigger role than she imagined. With a concert starting for 2pm tomorrow, the backstage was getting busier and busier that they even had to call her in because of being short-staffed.

After getting the boys dressed, Jessica went up to the stage with the boys while they did their rehearsals. She remained focused on how the clothes were fitting the boys and occasionally went over to fix their attire when they cut off on breaks. However, her frantic day crashed when she heard her name being called by a familiar voice.

“Jessica?”

She turned to face the one person she felt guilty for not calling back, “Taeyeon...”

“You know 2pm?”

Jessica looked away shyly, “Not really. I work for their company. I am a stylist. Why are you here?”

Taeyeon pointed at Tiffany, “With a friend.”

Their conversation was cut short by the interruption of a certain boy Taeyeon didn’t want to have bother her, “Taeng-baby how are you!” He casually draped his arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder who shrugged it off.

“Hey Jun K.”

“Do you know our stylist-unnie?”

Taeyeon smiled, “She is a good friend.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon confused, “But...”

Taeyeon pushed Jessica away from the boy, “we have stuff to talk about. See you later Jun K!”

After the two were a safe distance away from the boys Jessica let out her outburst, “Yah! Taeyeon I have work to do over there.”

Taeyeon didn’t seem to care about Jessica’s job, “So? Have you thought about our last meeting.”

Jessica looked into Taeyeon’s eyes which were glowing with sincerity, “Do you really like me?”

The shy Taeyeon returned, “I really do...although I don’t know much about you...”

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

Jessica smiled at Taeyeon, “Let’s give it a shot.”

“Yes?”

“Yes...”

 


Author's Note

So if you reread the forward, you will see that I am extending this story. Your author is funny and forgot what she was going to write for this story. So I will add chapters until I can think of an appropriate ending. I didn't want to rush an ending so I hope you don't mind the chapter extensions. 

Welcome subscribers and readers!