Chapter 3

Brothers Conflict

Tao's P.O.V

I woke up to the shining brightness of the outside and looked towards my clock. Apparently it was only 6:30 so I slowly got up and began to get ready for school. When put finished putting on my uniform, I went down to the kitchen to find Xiumin cooking breakfast for everyone.

"Good morning, did you have nice sleep?" He asked.

"Ah, yes. It was quite wonderful." I smiled.

"Good, now would you mind helping me cook breakfast, I'm behind schedule." He asked politely.

I nodded my head and started to help, While I cooked breakfast, Xiumin was making everyone's lunches. We had a friendly conversation until everyone woke up and began to sit at the table. Kai though fell back to sleep as soon as his head touched the table and I was worried that Kai would miss breakfast if he continued to sleep so I tried to wake him up. But before I could do anything Fang appeared and jumped on Kai's back giving the boy a huge scratch on the back, making him scream with pain.

"OOOOWWWW~! WHAT THE HELL SCRATCHED ME?" All the boys were laughing at Kai's misery but I was worried that the scratch would bleed and get infected. So I walked up to him and asked, "Kai can I check that wound? It looks bad." Kai turned towards me and glared, I stepped back in surprise.

"I don't need your help. I'm going to change." Kai exited the dining room while I stared in confusion.

"Don't mind him Tao. Why don't you get your things and go walk with Kai to school?" Chanyeol suggested.

I nodded to the idea and gave a quick thank you to Chanyeol. I packed my things and waited for Kai at front of the apartment. When he finally came down he saw and sighed. Indicating he didn't care if I was here or not. He started to walk so I followed soon after. We walked in silence.

No one's P.O.V

[school]

As class began, Tao was thinking of a way to get Kai to warm up to him, while Kai stared at Tao with a sad look. Why does it have to be you? he thought. Kai looked down to his notebook and looked at his little sketch he drew long ago.

[back home]

Once again Kai and Tao walked back in silnce not saying a single word. As they went inside the apartment Kai ran back to his room and slammed it. Tao flinched at the loud sound and sighed. He continued to walk further into the house until he bumped into someone. He looked up to see a handsome boy who dressed like model and wore his hat the side.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"O-Oh I'm Zitao but you can call me Tao. I'm the new family member." Tao introduced himself but his eyes widen in shock when he heard the words that left the boys mouth, "Stupid Beautiful brother." The boy walked off and Tao stood there in shock. Fang was resting on Tao's shoulder glared at the retreating boy and wanted to tear his face off. Tao was brought back when Xiumin waved his arms in front his face.

"I'm guessing you met Chen. You need to be more careful around him." Tao nodded and thanked Xiumin for the advice.

"Tao could you do me a favour? Please bake a birthday cake?" Xiumin asked.

"Birthday cake?" Tao asked confusedly.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. It's going to be Kris's birthday today." Xiumin smiled.

"Really? I'll get started right away." Tao replied happily.

"Thank you Tao. You're a real life saver."

[35 minutes later]

Tao just came back from the market after picking up the ingredients for the cake. He put the bag on to the table and left the kitchen to get his apron. But stopped when he spotted Lay on the couch. He approached the sleeping boy and smiled at how peaceful the boy looked. Suddenly Lay woke up and spotted Tao. The panda was shocked and apologised for disturbing his sleep but did not expect the question the boy asked.

"Can I style your hair?" Tao was taken back and was a little confused but nodded and allowed Lay to style his hair.While Lay was styling his hair, he finds that the gel had run out so he rushes off to find a new one. While Tao waited Chen barged demanding for Lay to come to him. He spotted Tao and no sign of Lay he stormed out. Tao stared at the door in confusion but jumped when Lay walked back in with some more gel.

When Lay finished styling Tao's hair, the panda quickly left to get his apron and began baking a cake for Kris. After baking it, he decorated the cake relating to Kris's favourite sport. Once he gave Kris the cake, the tall boy blushed and thanked Tao for the cake.

While the party continued the twins were teasing Kris on how he liked Tao in a non-sibling way.

"Aww~The dragon is in love with a panda~" Chanyeol slurred since he was quite drunk.

"How cute~you should confess~" Baekhyun said after.

Kris was getting quite frustrated since he was a bit drunk and began to say mean things about Tao.

"Why would I like him? He seems like an annoying brat that won't shut up. Maybe a little clingly and a crybaby. I would feel sorry for the one who ever dated him."

Suddenly a crash was heard and Kris whipped around to find shattered glass and Tao with tears in his eyes. In panic Kris got up and tried to apologise to the panda but Tao ran off crying his heart out. Kris was shocked to see the tears and leaned on the wall and covered his face with his hands.

What have I done?